|Avalon||Help Search Members Calendar Tagbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
© darren criss
Rules & Guidelines
The Bulletin Board
The bulletin board is a place where members can post quick thread ideas as well as requests and other things. These can be IC or OOC.
You may use this area to post help-wanted notifications for a place of business. Ads for hunters or mercenary groups needing more people. You may be a traveling merchant who needs to hire two bodyguards, an adventurer who wants a like-minded companion. Or etc. Anyone can post them and anyone can sign up if they fit a criteria asked for.
1.The board is not for RP. While the first initial post will be considered canon if you want it IC (In character), the replies will not be, it is simply a way of getting people to join the required open slots, and afterward it will be closed.
2.While people can discuss who starts a thread, the person posting the bulletin must be open to the idea of starting/setting up.
3.Please do not start wanted ads for businesses your character has nothing to do with.
4.Be smart, if your character can not fight or if you dislike fighting it is likely a bad idea to join a quest involving such.
5.You CAN use NPCs to create some bulletins in example where the 'Bell' does not have an actual owner yet but someone wants to make a 'help wanted' ad to try and offer more jobs, more power to you.
6.Do not spam too many at a time. Be realistic, and do not hog every bulletin.
7.If you are seen often ignoring people who post on your ad, or ignoring a thread once the idea is closed and ready to start you may be kicked out and no longer allowed to post or join for a while.
8. Please only enter one per character at a time. Special events may be excused.
9.It is up to you to keep your post/thread updated.
10. OOC vs IC. Out of character means you would have to plan how to meet up with your fellow RPers. IC means that a character would SEE this add and choose to personally respond to it, this is often the eaisest way of planning but it is ultimately up to you.
11. Now you can copy the template and start a new thread in this board. There is an example post below.
12. You can title is whatever you want but the subtitle should be marked as 'Open(or closed)//IC(or OOC)' please.
13. While not mandatory we ask that people keep the same sort of guidelines we use with our normal site events. It is a good idea to have skipping enabled and a number of skips allowed. And if the thread dies within two weeks (example), it can be reposed by its maker and the same people not allowed to join. This is to keep these threads going after all they are meant to have fulfilled goals within a reasonable amount of time. respect people who keep carry out these rules.
14. It is your job to know what you are signing up for.
PS. It is up to members to post here, while it is of course optional, if we see this isn't being used the staff will take it down.
Siggy made by Kiya~
© darren criss
Avlon isn't known for its stores that carry alchemy ingredients apparently! And I need some for my potion brewing! No one seems to understand the importance of this! So if some kind warrior would help me out, be my Petra for the day, IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED! Since I guess we are going to have to go find and kill some spiders ourselves, unless you have a better idea? I shall brew you a potion and make it worth your while!
Location; Vorick Town
Requests: Someone who can deal with a slightly insane old man.
Requirements: can fight.
Thread Type: Adventure, possible fighting.
Main Goal: Aqquire spider eyes!
How the Ad is posted: Probably just walks up to the first guy with a sword he sees...
Ad posted by: Ivor
Spots Available: Three
People Joined: Rikku, Link, and Ivor.
Link: Spider eyes!?
Siggy made by Kiya~