Suddenly spirited away into some unknown realm with safe cities and dangerous wild lands. Many people have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world, and the phrase spoken from everyone's lips... Welcome to Avalon.

Avalon is a canon crossover/panfandom RP site. We dont discriminate and welcome all types of characters from the well-known to the non and strive to give everyone a comfortable place to have fun and let their imaginations and muses run wild. Possibilities are endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. We hope you enjoy the site and hanging out with us and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our friendly staff!

Please register in proper caps.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

I'll Be Your Server Tonight [Open]
Pearl
 Posted: May 14 2017, 06:46 PM
Gem
6000 +
Waiter
Animus
36 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Online
Pearl

Out in Daylight

My Potential

”Hmm, I’m not sure what to get. Do you have any recommendations, miss?”

”Oh, well, I’ve heard some wonderful things about the…gigot d’agneau,” Pearl replied, giving a hesitant smile. She had honestly never eaten a thing at this restaurant, mostly because she just never ate food period. Apparently though it was expected of waiters to have some familiarity with the menu for occasions such as this, so she had at least tried to pay attention to what others recommended. Having now been put on the spot, she just went for the fanciest sounding thing on the menu in hopes it’d take the pressure off of her.

It apparently worked, however, as after a moment the young man nodded and confirmed that it sounded ‘delightful’. An exchange of a few more pleasantries, a statement of when the food was estimated to arrive, and it was off to the back to deliver the order and pick up another. Take order, bring it, deliver. Take order, pleasantries, bring order to cook, deliver. This was the routine she had gotten down pat in no time flat. Of course, that she had quickly become one of the top waiters here was no surprise : she was, after all, a Pearl. Serving others was what she was literally made for. Part of her though was just itching to take a thing of crème brulèe and shove it in the next snooty customer who whispered about her behind back face. The rest of her, however, recognized that for all the trouble this really wasn’t a bad job, and without a Temple to go back to she kind of needed money to pay rent so she had somewhere to go back to. Or at least, so she had somewhere to stay till she could get back to where she really wanted to go to

So here she was, dropping off a that crème brulèe covertly to a young couple that was in the middle of a kiss before turning towards a table that was just recently filled by the next customer of the night.

”Hello, and welcome to The Bell. My name is Pearl and I’ll be your server for the evening.”

----Bold, precise, experimental----

OPEN

&

PM
^
Yorha No.9 Model S
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 01:18 PM
Android
Soldier
Animus
89 posts
Curio
GMT -5 / Offline
Yorha No.9 Model S

Fancy restaurants had the stigma of being too snobby or high-browed. 9S had personally never been to one before, so his knowledge really just stemmed from word-of-mouth. "They frown upon kids your age!" "Don't go there if you're hungry; rich people go there because it's convenient!" "You'll be browbeaten by the staff the whole time you sit there!" words like those almost deterred him from going -- but in the end they were just words. Not hard evidence or personal experience.

(And also he really wanted to know what expensive desserts tasted like.)

When he entered, he took in the entire restaurant in a glance. It was clean and warm, with a quiet confidence that suited a high-class establishment. The waiter greeted him kindly and directed him to the seat of his choice.

Since he’d arrived earlier than Jade, he took the time to sift through the menu, ignoring the prices as best he could. The pictures helped, because every plate looked visually stunning. 9S hummed thoughtfully as he contemplated the drinks. That was when a tall and slim waiter approached his table.

“Hi, Pearl! I'm 9S. I'm actually waiting for someone, before making my -- oh, there he is!” 9S excitedly waved Jade over. He waited until the fair-haired man sat down, before turning back to the waiter. “My friend might need a minute here, so I’ll start. Some animal oils can really mess with my wiring, so I think I'll go meatless, for a change. Maybe something with Mushrooms instead? What do you recommend?”

PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:04 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

I'll Be Your Server Tonight
Close your eyes

Its a date. Jade sighed softly to himself, in truth he'd almost forgotten, not that it was like him to be late. A glimpse to the clock said he still had a few moments to spare. Though it was far more tempting to continue scribbling away at his findings rather than actually go ingest food. Still, he would hate to disappoint his non-machine very machine-like robotic coworker. There was perhaps no way to truly know if Jade cared at all, but common courtesy and all that. Well, maybe.

Smoothing out his dark green shirt Jade questioned just how formally he should dress. As if he would put all that much effort into it. He checked and adjusted the buttons and then pulled on a black vest and did the same again. Still simpler than his former uniform. He mused momentarily before putting pulling back his hair and then adjusting his glasses. Oh well, its good enough. He told himself with one lass glimpse in a mirror on his way out.

Jade arrived at the Bell reasonably close to the desired time. A few moments before or after wouldn't harm anyone; unless it did...which was something he was sure he wanted to see with is own eyes if so. With a polite smile to the waiter he mentioned the younger man he was to be joining, and as guessed 9S was already waiting on him. Of course he was, 9S seemed far too excited to not arrive on time, if not several minutes early? At least Jade assumed that might be the case.

Being led to the table Jade pulled his chair out and seated himself quietly all while offering 9s a sweet smile. “Hello.” As if he couldn't see him waving. “I almost didn't see you.” he teased, though the tone of his voice never changed. He then offered a small nod of greeting to Pearl before picking up the menu and adjusting his glasses. Mushrooms. Jade smirked softly and then continued his reading briefly while waiting for 9s to finish with his order. Placing the menu back down he laced his hands together and rested them on the edge of the table. “I will try your special then for evening and an ice tea, thank you.”

Jade then returned his red gaze to 9S and gave his head a small shake. “My apologies for being perchance a bit late. How are you this evening?” Sit down, order, pretend to care, maybe good food, and ah yes smile and be polite.

Too tired for gud posts...sorry x_x
template coded by always and forever of atf

PM EMAIL
^
Pearl
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 04:20 PM
Gem
6000 +
Waiter
Animus
36 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Online
Pearl

Out in Daylight

My Potential

Part of her half expected to hear about a Gem cut after the 9S. Even in this weird town it hadn’t seemed common for people to have alpha-numeric names like that. Or wiring. Robot, cyborg? Whatever, he seemed polite enough, and he had a guest that quickly joined him. He seemed a little less polite, barely interacting with her. Which, yeah, she was a waiter so just taking orders was kind of her job (as much as she hated that), but could still have said hello or something to her. She wasn’t just a servant, after all. But fine, whatever. She could deal with someone being rude for a little while. In fact, most of the people who came here tended to be like that so what did it matter? Not like she fought an intergalactic war to not be treated like a servant or anything...

”Mushrooms? Oh, well, then I would recommend the –” she glanced down at the menu real quick and picked first thing she saw with mushrooms –”Grilled Portobello Mushrooms. Is olive oil okay for your, uh, wiring?” she asked, giving a pleasant smile. Considering how human he looked she didn’t think it would, but had to be safe. She was not going to accidentally injure a cyborg/robot patron after all, both because that would be wrong and because it would be taken out of her paycheck.

Whenever that was done she turned her attention to the other man, Jade by the sound of the conversation. ”And the special is truite aux amandes…trout in a lemon butter almond sauce with potatoes,” she said, a little more curt compared to her interaction with 9S.

Yorha | Jade

&
PM
^
Yorha No.9 Model S
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 09:21 AM
Android
Soldier
Animus
89 posts
Curio
GMT -5 / Offline
Yorha No.9 Model S

"Portobello Mushrooms?" 9S looked at the corresponding dish, the plumpness of the mushrooms and the grilled finish to it, and nodded enthusiastically. "Looks good! I'll go with that, olive oil and all," he said. "It's just that some types of animal oils congeal my bodily fluids. Like, Mackerel, for example? One bite and I'm done -- which sucks, ‘cause I've heard it tastes incredible." That was probably a fact Jade could store for later (and hopefully not for all the wrong reasons). He did express a certain enthusiasm earlier in getting to study an android up close. 9S genuinely hoped that that curiosity had a limit.

"I'm good, thanks." 9S considered Jade’s outfit, and how much more colorful and...well. Stylish it was, compared to his standard issue YoRHa uniform. “...You look good. Feels like I’m underdressed, though.” He laughed awkwardly to himself. Androids may not have held the same value in clothing that humans did, but boy did being around so many diverse humans make him feel self-conscious.

9S may not have been human, but he liked to think his social skills were on par with one. So he did notice the way Pearl was using clipped words on Jade. Jade’s lack of greeting did seem a little inconsiderate, but it was clear that he didn’t do it on purpose. He gave Jade a cross between a smile and a cringe.

“You might wanna apologize, doc. She seems a little offended.”

PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 02:49 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

I'll Be Your Server Tonight
Close your eyes

He greeted his waitress with a polite nod and then followed her to be seated with his coworker. Looking over the menu as 9S ordered at some point he decided he may as well ask about the special once his companion was finished. An interesting fact to have though, stay away from the mackerel, or so it seemed. He was almost ashamed to call himself a scientist and not know or understand the details behind such a claim. Maybe it was something he would be forced to investigate further later on.

“You're fine, the worst that could happen is that we get thrown out, yes?” he smiled sweetly and gently placed the menu down before looking to Pearl and offered a polite nod before ordering. “Thank you very much, miss. That sounds wonderful.” he replied a moment before looking back to 9S. “I will try not to bother you with too many questions, but I do apologize if I stare in fascination.” he joked, mostly, while observing the boy a moment longer. Ah what he wouldn't give to just take a peek or two inside, but he imagined there were laws against cutting open anything that could speak and seemed to have any shred of humanity.

How unfortunate.

He would have been foolish not to notice, of course, he'd begun also picking Pearl apart the moment he laid eyes on her without the need for making it obvious. Did he care?Not at all. If she disliked him she could simply stand in line with the rest of the population. If she cared for a tip however she wouldn't allow it to show anymore than she already had however. Jade did not consider himself to be a social man or one of wasted words beyond what was needed and he respected others for doing the same. When they would. But alas it did seem as if 9S had also been given the wrong impression somehow.

So, smoothing a hand down his shirt Jade turned a little more toward Pearl and offered a sincere smile. “It seems you and my friend here think I should excuse myself for something and so, you have my my most heartfelt apology I can muster if I have distressed you, miss.” well it was the least he could do even if he had no idea what he was apologizing for she could either take it and go or spit in his food. She didn't look to be that type but who could say.

Ah perhaps a reminder as to why he disliked places like this, some smaller cafe with some curry was more his style anyway. But he would enjoy tonight with his two rather interesting non-human companions.

"Anything exciting happen to either of you two today?"

Meh
template coded by always and forever of atf

PM EMAIL
^
Pearl
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 11:33 PM
Gem
6000 +
Waiter
Animus
36 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Online
Pearl

Out in Daylight

My Potential

Okay, she didn’t quite need the full description of his wiring and the effect of oil on him. She just needed to make sure that whatever food she got for him wouldn’t kill him. If he said that it was fine, then she’d take his word at it. The order made, she scribbled it down, including an additional note to avoid any animal oils, just in case. ”Yes, I hear it’s supposed to be a good fish,” she said, having never eaten it in her life. Or any food on this menu, for that matter.

She had almost gotten over the person’s rudeness and taken his order when 9S brought it up. Her face heated up with a blush. Holding her notepad close to her like a little shield, she gave a bit of a week laugh as the man started talking. She really didn’t want to be discussing this. It had just been some annoyance, that was all. ”No, no, it’s fine. I was just a little upset you didn’t greet me. Just a silly, petty thing, set off a couple hang-ups I had was all. I’ll…just…be right back with your drinks.”

She was already off towards the kitchen to get the drinks when she realized she didn’t actually get that part of the order. Slapping her self in the fact, she gave a slight grumble of frustration later before starting back towards the table. Putting a smile back, she pulled the pad out again. ”Sorry, I just realized I didn’t actually get your drink orders.”

Jade Curtiss | Yorha

&
PM
^
Yorha No.9 Model S
 Posted: Yesterday at 09:20 pm
Android
Soldier
Animus
89 posts
Curio
GMT -5 / Offline
Yorha No.9 Model S

9S smiled just a little when Pearl came right back to their table. She must have had a lot on her mind, he thought. Or maybe it was just a long day for her. With all that walking and talking and memorizing things, it couldn't have been easy being a waiter.

"You're fine!!! I'll have a mango smoothie, please."

With that taken care of, 9S sat back and observed Jade.

"So, what would you like to know right off the bat? As you can see, we YoRHa care capable of eating and drinking... though it's not necessary for our survival... It's really just a feeling thing. But we can do a lot of other human functions too! Just name a function, and I'm pretty sure I can do it."

9S was happy to relay any kind of information about himself and his make, really. For one, he liked the attention, and for two, he knew that -- black box aside -- he was the pinnacle of mankind's technological prowess. In other words, he knew how great he was.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Welcome to the Apocalypse! Save Me Yuri Roleplay L&O STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP BORROW THE MOONLIGHT N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW

Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by evvie of cttw & SHINE