Welcome to Avalon! It is surely the first thing you and your character will hear. We are a canon Panfandom RP. We are an open sandbox set in a modern-fantasy like setting. We allow members to be very plot driven and follow along with events and main plot changes to their own level of comfort. Possibilities are almost endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. Many characters have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world while others embrace it.
Avalon
FORECAST: 24 hours of nighttime and cold every day.
set in Winter, 2017

Add Reply
New Poll

A haze of gray..., {Ask}
Mutatio
Race: Eldarian
Job: Avalon Guard 4th Captain
Series: Star Ocean 4
OOC: Dust - Central Standard - Offline

A haze of gray...
Time is a wraith

Avalon. The name slipped through his mind and rested on the edge of his lips. Just another planet. Other worlds were not something of new coincidence to the Eldarian, being unable to leave was a somewhat new experience. Having so many people from so many other worlds was also, while not new, it was odd for it to be trapping them here. Still, he was sure if he could get that gravitational and warp engine fixed he could leave this place, perhaps even aid others in doing the same once he figured out how much energy it required to leave Avalon's atmosphere.

In a few short weeks he had already earned himself a place among the captains of Avalon's guard. In a few short weeks the 'apparently strange' weather had gone from bad to worse. No snow yet, but the cold weather was not to the man's liking. Of course he would show up and the wold would chart a path to its own frozen demise. 'The Death's curse strikes again.' he bitterly tells himself while dealing with the day-to-day. What else should he expect at this point. 'And my bad karma gets worse...'

The soldier slumped forward over his desk, leaning forward on his elbows and allowing his head to hang forward while he rubbed his hands backwards through his now mess of white-silver hair. The dark purple caps still protecting his ears still resting in place for now, though he wondered briefly if it would not become too cold to wear them, much less his Eldarian uniform which he dreaded the thought of giving up.

Arumat rested his head in his hands, amber eyes staring at the smooth surface of the desk he sat at. Primal almost, he missed his quarters back home, or in his ship rather, considering there was no more 'home' he almost caught himself smirking at the fact and clinched his teeth instead and furrowed his brow.

”Da**edable headache.” he snarls through his teeth and clutches his head more tightly. Day after day it had only been getting worse, and if there was one thing not wrong with is body, Arumat was sure his head was fine.

Perhaps he has too little to care about, the pain has not been so terrible, yet it seems as if in keeping his mind busy he has allowed himself to become restless. A lack of sleep, perhaps the change in weather, all of it builds and represent a reminding pounding feeling in the center of his skull. It will pass, eventually, he tells himself and forces his eyes to focus.

One of his handsfall to lay upon the surface of the desk while the other continues to prop his head up, chin in his palm, eyes flick toward the door as it opens further having never been completely shut so he could be better aware of his surroundings. What now? his eyes ask quietly. If this was about that broken training equipment again...he promised he would fix it later.

In a dull tone he called out; “Can I help you?”

Open to fellow guard Caps/Ask
Ignis
Race: Human / Dragon
Job: Fifth Guard Captain
Series: Fire Emblem
OOC: Ysa - Central - Offline

Well things change fast
but this too shall pass
Corrin wonders if she should be concerned that she is becoming accustomed to ending up in places she's never heard of. Sometimes without any knowledge of how she arrived there. Nohr, when she stops to analyze, was probably the first. Without any memory of most of her childhood, Corrin would accept anyone telling her that was strange. Not to mention the whole. Kidnapping thing. Then Lilith and the Astral plane. After that was Hoshido. Sometimes she debates putting the Eternal Stairway there too because that was a horrid phenomenon she wouldn't care to relive and now. Avalon.

What she had decided instead was that it was a blessing, if an odd one. She could help others as she always had, even know in such a strange transition as being stranded in a world that, as far as she could tell, no one she had met had ever heard of before. Strange? Absolutely. New? Not really. She can fight with the same vigor and train with the same enthusiasm. She misses them of course, all of them. Her Nohr and Hoshidian siblings. But what does it help to mope? Another hard lesson she had learned on the Stairway, beaten into her again and again in Nohr's conquest of Hoshido. She cannot stop now, cannot fall.

She will make it home. But until then, she won't ignore anyone in need here. And right now, that happened to be the fourth guard captain, as stubbornly as he refused to admit it ... Allegedly.

If anyone had bothered to ask, Corrin would have told them the first reason she had been drawn to Arumat was his ears. She might have flushed a little, but it was the truth and Corrin was doing her best not to lie anymore. His ears were longer than hers, not that she could really measure, and he wore little mittens on them. Hers too were pointed, and despite Mikoto's claim as her mother, neither she nor any of her Hoshidian sibling's ears came to a point as sharply as her own. There were a handful of other people she had met with ears like her own, but it always drew her attention, perhaps because it was a trait she had once been furiously embarrassed by.

It's a weird thing to think about.

Despite knowing he would be in his office, Corrin still starts are the dry response to her arrival, startled out of her analysis of Avalon and Arumat. She straightens her back sharply, setting her feet together. "Captain Thanatos, sir." Just as instantly as she'd fallen into the pose, she eases out of it as she closes the door behind her. "Your -- " she cuts herself off, stopping herself from tossing his own men under the proverbial wagon. She smiles and turns away from the door as if she hadn't said anything at all. "There are. Rumors that you were not feeling well?" She poses it like a question, confident as she is that it is true. If anything, she's late to this discovery.

Undeterred by his response or lack thereof, Corrin walks across the room as she continues. "I thought I might help." She smiles and stops in front of his desk. "So I fixed that training gear for you and I." Corrin fishes an item from her pocket and sets it on the table between them. It is a small, plastic vial with six little capsules inside. Red on one end and white on the other, they're visible under the sticker across the side with handwritten instructions. A pain reliever, they had told her, though she couldn't remember the name of it. "I brought you this!"

It is then, right then, standing in his office and waiting for a response, that Corrin wonders if she might have crossed a line. She could probably count the number of words they had spoken to each other on one hand before this. Maybe arriving unannounced had been a little too much. The corner of her mouth twitches, an awkward attempt at a smile. "I hope it is not too presumptuous of me." Corrin has known painfully stubborn men before. She thinks she can handle this one too.

Arumat P. Thanatos "I'm going to catch up before joining any more threads," Ysa said like the filthy liar she is.
Mutatio

A haze of gray...
Time is a wraith

The same instant respect beckoned forth by a tittle but little more; it could be worse. At least it is not fear – or the same sort of fear- many of his brothers looked to him with when standing straight and offering up a salute. Respect and fear for they knew who he was what the Eldarian was. In Avalon he found himself with looks of respect due to his placement, sometimes curiosity, other times confusion. He did not think that anyone feared him but among the Avalon Guard there were some who gawked and others who were far too easily intimidated by his form. He dared think what might become of them on the battle field around a real threat.

Captain. The moment he heard it he was almost sure it was time to retire but he continued to convince himself this was the best way to put his abilities to use. Though he denied the idea that it was so he could help other people.

“Captain Corrin.” he replies and then it begins, a question or maybe- Arumat stares at the younger woman waiting quietly. She's young, and in a way shes painfully reminding of his cadet years. She is...more than human, he isn't entirely sure what she is, though those ears are painfully reminiscent as well. He doubted she was half-Eldarian maybe half 'elf' which as something he had been accused of being on more than one occasion. As if his face could fall anymore it somehow does and he gives a half-lidded stare at the young woman before him before shifting his amber eyes as if trying to peer behind her. Irritation quirks one of brows but he denies it any further effect. “Rumors, hm?” he asks a bit roughly before sitting up straight in his chair and folding his arms over his chest.

Why was it everyone and their brother, and cousin five times removed, thought they could 'help' him?

He watches her with what might be disinterest. Though he was somewhat surprised to hear she had fixed the training gear. Oh. He casts his golden hue away from her and lifts a hand to rub the back of his neck. He should thank her he supposes. “I hadn't forgotten about it.” he informed her before shaking his head. “You hadn't any need to do that, much less yourself, you are a captain.” he reminded her, slightly scolding, but almost not so cold.

Now staring at the vile on the desk he breathed out slowly through his nose. 'It is always something.' though he questions how much his men or anyone else here really knows about it. A headache is the least of his problems. But he would very much rather leave them believing that is all it was. If that is the lesser of two evils then he will deal with it, he tells himself, and picks up the small tube and scans it with his eyes. He doubts she is trying to kill him, not that he would mind, but doubted if would be so easy even if such a simple death would be amusing enough to take him. She speaks again finally drawing his attention upward and he breathes out swallowing once before granting her a small dismissive wave of his hand.

“A bit. But you worry too much.” being around the crew of the Calnus had unfortunately began to dull some of his sharper edges, even if Arumat was far from being considered 'nice'. ”If nothing else you have my gratitude.” he reaches for the bottle of water sitting near the corner of his desk. Not entirely sure these will work on him, with a blank face he takes at least double the amount before downing part of the water. If it will shut everyone else up...

EAR mittens!!! These two now give me life. *v*

Ignis

Well things change fast
but this too shall pass
Corrin knows that patience is a virtue better than most. She spent the majority of her life locked in a fortress waiting for permission from her father to leave it. But too, it has taught her a desire to be approved of, to be considered important enough to be noticed. Her Nohr siblings offered this to her in abundance. They did not leave her wanting. Her father and Hoshido on the other side did not tip the scales, but it left an ache, a desire to ease their suffering. Even now, Corrin waits, quiet and composed, but ever hopeful that her actions were not undesired. That she had not crossed a line she couldn't step back from. That Arumat would not react poorly to her efforts to assist him.

Arumat is not very expressive, the opposite of herself, and it makes him a little harder to read. Corrin, despite the few short years she had been free of her cage, has met many, many sorts in her father's -- and her own -- conquest of Hoshido. She studies him as he reacts to her intrusion. Hopeful but aware that not all people take well to her interference right away. Sometimes because they did not want it, sometimes because they felt they didn't deserve it. She feels her thoughts slipping back to her invasion of Hoshido and pulls them back, taunt, refusing to crack here, now, when she was trying to help someone else.

Somewhat distracted, she doesn't realize that Arumat is pouring too many pills into his hand until they are at his mouth. Corrin reaches forward delayed, eyes widening slightly. She's too slow to stop him, her hand caught in the air over his desk. "Ah, I don't think you're supposed to," she cuts herself off without finishing. The capsules are already gone. The deed is done. She hopes there are no ill side effects to taking more than he should have. It occurs to Corrin then that she expected far more of a resistance. Not only were they not well acquainted, it wouldn't surprise her if he had never seen such odd shaped medicine before either. She laughs, drawing her hand back, curling a fist near her mouth as if she meant to catch the noise as well. "I. Did not expect you to take it without question." She blinks, waving her hands as the shock of the implication of her words settle. "N-not that there was anything wrong with it only that ... "

She sighs and drops her hands to her sides again. "Sorry, sir." She chews on the inside of her lip, trying to bring up anything else as a distraction. "The training gear was no trouble. I am a captain, yes, but you would have done it, right? It is not beneath me." Corrin has made too many friends with people trying to kill her to believe so highly in rank as to not help those in need. And despite what he may or may not say, Arumat did take the medicine without thinking. She is fairly certain the rumors were spot on. "It is important to have it in good shape."

She smiles at him again, hoping his hospitality still stood in between the mistakes she was making in anxiety she hadn't realized was in her chest. "To be honest, sir, my intentions were two-fold. I realize that I do not know much of my fellow captains and I." Her eyebrows draw together, feeling strange to have to spell it out. Accidentally, her eyes slip to the fabric over his ears as his hair parts over it before she jerks them back. She shakes her head as if it will clear the rising color in her cheeks. She takes a breath and steels her face as best she can, a determination in her eyes. "I think it is important to know those you may have to fight with."

Arumat P. Thanatos make her some mittens, arumat?
Mutatio

A haze of gray...
Time is a wraith

Too late. It isn't something he spares much thought either. It is not unusual for the medications humans use to effect him very little, or any medications for that fact, maybe it is just another side-effect of his enhancements. It takes a lot for him to feel anything pain or relief. He would be surprised if they helped, though if they did end up harming him in the end, who was to say he would be disappointed. On the other hand there were often simpler things that aided the Eldarian as well as his former crew during their battles; simple things that when spoken about sometimes raised eyebrows. Apparently common fruits were not considered healing items on some planets.

She's surprised, and honestly, he is too. He isn't a trusting man though perhaps the crew of the Calnus had rubbed off on him. And Crowe, sometimes it was just best to give in rather than argue with them. If nothing else humans really had no idea when to give up. Though there were a few 'battles' they would never win.

Though the shock it almost amusing. Arumat takes another drink of the water before sighing softly. “There are only a few arguments I have hope of winning.” he admitted dryly. He didn't expect to win one with someone who at least seemed 'human' (human being a relative term) much less a woman. This time he managed a faint smirk at her reaction. Not that there was anything wrong with it. “My body is built a bit differently than most peoples. Don't worry about it.” not that he has any reason to comfort her over it, but he supposes that maybe that her reaction was a rather appropriate one. “Worst case scenario I know who to blame.” it was hard to say whether he was being serious or not with that comment.

Not beneath her, for a moment he wondered if that might have been a round-about way of saying it seemed beneath him. The statement itself seemed almost too innocent so he had his doubts she meant anything else by it and if she did it wasn't as if such petty comments truly rubbed him wrong. Instead he decided to silently dip his head in reply. “Yes, I imagine that is good. Though I could probably aid in engineering something that can stand up a little better against people with inhuman abilities.” he brought his hand to his chin. More of a spoken-aloud thought than something he was really saying to her. Not that he wished to replace the devices they had here but something that did not get so easily bent or broken by people who were probably already holding back would be nice.

Corrin is not unlike the others, though admittedly less childish than them and not quite giving off the same air of maturity as Myuria does. She's just another young woman looking for friendship among her coworkers. He realizes this is nothing so absurd and commonplace upon most people. Though he often wonders what it is about himself that makes him seem the type or maybe it is their own sanity he should question. Must they always put him on the spot?

Arumat breathes deeply and rests his gaze on her, shes looking back at him or...maybe she is just embarrassed. Raising a hand to rub the back of his head Arumat finally decides to reply verbally. “Are you so sure?” he questions at first before dropping his arms to fold them over his chest. “It is important to know them, yes. Though sometimes not-knowing someone very well can be of benefit.” he explained before giving his head a small shake. Or he could just admit he was terrible at making friends but honestly that was more difficult somehow. Was he intentionally giving her a hard time now? “But very well then lass, if you have questions I will listen.” knowing your fellow soldiers, it was something he had almost missed, it wasn't as if he was approving of any friendship. Corrin wasn't wrong, he told himself it was only the useful knowledge of knowing one another (namely their abilities) that was important.

Im sorry hes so antisocial X'D
Ignis

Well things change fast
but this too shall pass
Arumat eases most of her concerns for as unwilling he seems to have this conversation. She thinks, first, that he is trying to make a joke. Whether or not that is true, it helps ease her tension a touch more. His second admission is of his structure and Corrin will admit it is a good point. Foreign did not necessarily mean it would work well or poorly: it could simply not work at all. And, as she had admitted out loud, Corrin knew absolutely nothing about him. It was possible he did know what the capsules were or perhaps had similar medicinal properties where he came from. It would explain his lack of hesitance to use them. Just because she was confused by the majority of things that Avalon offered her did not mean that everyone was so naive to the world. It hadn't been that uncommon for her to be confused in her own world: who was to say some of these things were not entirely foreign?

He stops the circling train of thought with another maybe-joke, though this one is a bit more frightening. Her eyes widen at the implication and the light threat. Please don't kill him, she pleads silently to whatever in Avalon could hear her. Fortunately for both of them, he moves on, addressing her other points, and Corrin takes a slow breath as she focuses on the subject change by relieving the other fear. She had gotten the pills from the hospital. He would be okay.

Probably.

She watches him as he muses aloud, comments and actions that perk her attention, only to be dampened by the follow-up. Her forehead furrows as she listens, relaxing when he agrees to the exchange regardless. "Ah, yes, sir!" "You sound as though you expect to find something vile in all people," she says, committing to the words even as they cut a little too close to home. Her own actions had been tainted. She did not know if Takumi or Ryoma were okay. If Sakura and Hinoka had managed to avoid her father, Iago, or Hans harsh judgement. Or even if Azura had been able to continue their plan without her. She hopes, more than anything, she hopes because she had hurt too many people for it to fall apart there, so close to the end.

She smiles a little nervously, reaching for her questions only for her head to go terribly blank. "I. Don't know that I had any specific questions, sir," she says, lying a little despite her previous resolution. She had been so busy getting the medicine and fixing the gear, formulating the plan just to catch him alone, that she hadn't really thought about what she meant to do when she achieved that goal. A poor showing from a strategist: Leo would scold her if he saw her now.

She doesn't have no questions. She just doesn't have any diplomatic enough to put on the desk between them. She wants to ask what he is, but that seems terribly inappropriate at its core. Not to mention she couldn't even give him a proper response back. She scrambles, clenching and unclenching her fists before she blinks big eyes at him. "You said that you could engineer better gear. Is ours lacking?" He fought in curiously lacking armor himself. "I've seen you fight in that," she adds, somewhat hesitantly, painfully oblivious to her lack of shoes. This is how she fought: barefoot and all.

Arumat P. Thanatos this idiot.
Mutatio

A haze of gray...
Time is a wraith

Maybe she has taken him too seriously. Not that he blames her, it surprises him a little bit too, a habit he is not entirely sure how he feels about it. Maybe he should have simply given his actions more thought and spared her the scare. It would not have been difficult to read the writing on the bottle. Maybe it was because he did not expect them to work. Then he found himself wondering what exactly it was he hoped they would help with.

Arumat dismisses those thoughts and focuses on the young woman. The curious worrisome woman. She isn't fearful of him or at least he does not think so, which could be good or bad on his part. The Eldarian Captain is far too accustomed to his own men spreading about rumors and stepping back when he is near. Originally he found it comical. Later he realized it was it was for their own good. Now? Maybe he had not been in Avalon long enough for his karma to catch fire and spread. Despite everyone he had been adventuring with mostly surviving the ordeal he couldn't shake the feeling something bad would happen to those around him. Did he really care or was it just guilt?

She manages to call him out on it and with it Arumat closes his eyes and tips his head forward in a look of genuine amusement when his eyes open again and his brows are knit slightly closer together. “I suppose in a way I do. But something vile does exist in all people.” he admitted truthfully. Arumat leaned forward to rest his elbows on the table and his arms folded over one another. “Its nothing personal though think nothing of it. I don't think anyone in the Guard is out to get me.” he grunted in mild amusement. They needed all the help they could get with or without him.

And yet she falls empty-handed when faced with the opportunity. Maybe he does not blame her.

He blinks once or twice in response to her question and when she drew attention to his armor he took a moment or two to give it some thought before grunting and echoing what might have been chuckle. Tipping his head to the side Arumat smirked and gently waved one hand upward. “Lets just say too much gets in the way of death's spinning blades. And you, does your power need leave your feet bare?” he asked trying not to sound sarcastic, it wasn't really his aim to, he was genuinely curious, of course Arumat always had a way of just seeming unfriendly all the time.

“In truth I meant training equipment, such as maybe creating better dummies or a hologram that can fight back a little bit, something of that nature.” he brought his hand up to rest his chin in his palm lazily.

They just both go into battle half-naked its fine.

Ignis

Well things change fast
but this too shall pass
Corrin holds her face very still when he continues to lament on the darkness in people. She waits silently for the topic to pass. She has not allowed herself much time to think on her actions back home. Even then, they had clawed like a sickness over her heart. She knows that she will only pick them apart here, question her actions, her motives, her choices when she cannot confirm the outcome of her efforts. Her siblings' fates on all sides are unknown. A million things could have gone wrong. Perhaps Azura could not succeed in their plan without her. Perhaps her Nohr siblings would not listen. Perhaps the Hoshidan throne could not reveal her father had been long replaced by a demon intent only to destroy.

Perhaps his destruction would continue, razing what was left of the Hoshidian people and ending with that side of her family in unmarked graves. Perhaps his ambition would not stop there. Perhaps he would rule alone and take the lives of his family as well. Xander, Camilia, Leo, and no doubt Azura branded as traitors with the rest. All that would be a kingdom of death and blood and betrayal.

And worst of all, her absence when they were in need.

But Corrin doesn't think about. She doesn't let herself. She can't. Every time it comes to her -- and it often does -- she feels herself locking up. Feels herself recoiling at the pain of simply not knowing. It steals her breath. It makes her shake. She is alone, very alone, when the thoughts come. Devoid of siblings and hope and weeping in the street when her "Father" killed the other. In front of Arumat, her face is very still as she fights against imagining the worst. Imagining anything at all.

She blinks. A sudden motion like being woken out of a daydream. Her head dips to glance down at her feet as if she needed to confirm his words with her own eyes. Yes, her shoes. She doesn't know why, really. She had not had a lot of freedom as a child. Perhaps that had simply been a rebellion that had just become her. She knows they are terribly uncomfortable things. She tells herself there is less control, more variables, but in all honesty, he feels his answer sums up her own feelings. "I suppose it doesn't," she admits and it occurs to her, only then, that she might be the only one of her siblings that didn't wear shoes. A quick recap tells her she's not entirely wrong, but it was only Azura that graced the battlefield with her own feet. It seems coincidental that the two of them, swapped from their home countries and into the "enemy's," would share such an odd trait. But there are a lot of things Corrin doesn't know about her past and that is as far as the curiosity can go with her lack of knowledge of her origins.

Corrin, now aware of her feet, wiggles her toes on the carpet. "I guess we are even then." And she smiles, a little embarrassed that many of her comments he was simply turning back on her. Without any effort either. The good and bad in mankind, their wear, this conversation: Corrin was astutely aware that Arumat was quite serious. She had no question that he was also smart and skilled, but it seemed as though he treated everything as combative, even conversation.

She blinks big, naive eyes at him, dazzled by something other than his poise in combat and his ears. "What is a hol -- " She cuts herself off as her nose scrunches up slightly. The word replays in her head, but it sounds a little off-key, like she couldn't accurately remember it. It was a similar issue she had with names in Avalon occasionally. While she could understand and hear them, the words did not roll off her tongue as easily as others. Sometimes it did not seem her mouth knew how to string the sounds together at all. What is a hali-gram?"

Arumat P. Thanatos
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

a f f i l i a t e
Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP realm of the seven GODS AMONG MEN The Duality of Man  photo AffiliateButton Kaleidoscope Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Stroke of Luck ♥ Senki Academy

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies a resource community

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution