Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I pray to God he hears you, tag;; wolfwood
Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
"On this hot, sandy planet, traveling from east to west on this huge wasteland, I am the one that strives for Love and Peace, who's also been called the Humanoid Typhoon, with six hundred billion on my head. Whether it's from fate, karma, or accident, I'm just another man caught between heaven and earth. A wandering gunman with a red coat."
Sep 6 2017, 11:20 PM
PMQuote
Six feet felt deeper when someone was actually digging the hole. He'd never really noticed before. Then again, most of the time, people seemed to be given a rather shallow grave out here. No, he deserved better than that. Bury him, properly. It might not be the best funeral, might not be a proper one at all, but the least he could do for him was this. What words should he say over the grave when this was all done? He wasn't even sure yet. He could still feel that energy bubbling, feathers quietly poking through his arm, wanting to be released. He couldn't do it, couldn't let him. 'God help me... just a little longer.' Tears were already starting to drip from his eyes again. Goddammit how many times was he going to have them start and stop? Couldn't they just end already? Let him finish digging, let him place the body in. Then if his body really needed to, he'd be happy to let it go. Let everything go.

Okay, maybe happy was pushing it.

With the hole down, let the shovel fall. Just a little longer, move a little further. He hoped that maybe if he focused on his breathing, just a little, that maybe he could manage that stop these tears one last time and push that energy wanting to rip him apart down further and further. The feathers slowly wisping out loner and longer made it all too clear the latter wasn't likely to happen. Still, at least he could move back to that couch and scoop his friend up. What made this so hard every single time? What made this one feel so much worse? Maybe because Vash knew he himself was starting to whither himself. Decay.... was it? A little longer. A little further.

The dead weight felt heavy in his arms, heavier than he'd expected. Or maybe that was just the weight of his heart sinking even further. Even though he could feel it pounding in his chest, he could almost swear it was in his stomach by now. The quiet cries seemed to continue, wet stains not wanting to dry no matter what. One. Two. Three. Four. Five... each step felt like an eternity the closer he got to that hold. "I'm sorry, Nicholas," he quietly muttered the closer he got. He just wished he could have saved him. Wished with all his heart things could have been different. But he knew better, nothing would change.

Vash was barely a foot away from the grave when everything around him began to feel dizzying, his vision almost feeling like it was fading. His arms shifted just slightly to hold on tighter to the body held there. Couldn't let go, wouldn't let go. No matter what. He needed to get him to that hole. Everything seemed to happen so fast, like a blur. A voice, unfamiliar. Where was that? What was that? He looked around, as though he'd be able to see. Even if everything didn't seem dark, though, the tears would have still blurred it. The way they seemed to blur everything.

So fast, the darkness faded again.

The humanoid typhoon blinked rapidly a few times, hoping to clear some of the tears away. His vision was met once more with the dry desert, though something was... different. The hole, it was gone? Had he wandered past it in the dark? No, he couldn't have. The thought didn't have the chance to really stay for too long as he felt just the smallest movement in his arms. His body froze, everything seemed to stop again, for just a moment. The only thing that moved were the feathers that had tried to let the energy, retracting back inward, melding back with his body. He'd felt it, right? That wasn't just some trick of his imagination? Or maybe he'd fallen asleep... he was dreaming. Had to be dreaming. Yet even if he was, his voice didn't care, it wavered, filled with the sadness that still ate him up. "Wolfwood... did you move?" A stupid question, he knew that, but he didn't care, couldn't seem to bring himself to.

Was he alive?

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; I hope you didn't mind the small assumption. I'll change anything you need me to, though. Just say the word~ I hope this isn't total crap.
Curtain’s call Is the last of all When the lights fade out All the sinners crawl So they dug your grave And the masquerade Will come calling out At the mess you've made Don't wanna let you down But I am hell bound Though this is all for you Don't wanna hide the truth No matter what we breed We still are made of greed This is my kingdom come This is my kingdom come Look into my eyes It’s where my demons hide
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
I know some things that you don't. I've done things that you won't. There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home...
Sep 7 2017, 12:34 AM
PMQuote
I pray to God he hears you...
Swear on your life that no one will cry.

'Don't pray for me, Tongari, one blessing at a time....God is a busy man. The kids and the old lady are safe. Livo was saved. You're safe too. More importantly...you're here. Guess I'm not alone.'

Just one last drink.

The ringing of bells, a gentle fall of confetti against his skin, its a sweet song to fall asleep too. Tongari's smile followed by those of the children... even Livo is there. There's no more pain, it all slowly drains away from him like water drying in the desert. Its a hazy darkness that slowly devours the edges of his vision casting him into darkness and somehow its welcoming and warm. He can't imagine why he feels so warm as a soft light bathes over him to warm his cold skin. Almost as if saying everything is alright. He's one of the worst kinds of sinners, but there's no fear, just peace....

'You came home, Nicholas, when we needed you. Thank you.' his mind was still aware enough he figured the words were just replaying through his head instead of being heard in his ears. The bells had stopped singing for him, no, he just couldn't hear them anymore. Much like that beautiful rain. But his eyes opened against the light only to find it almost too bright to look into and winced softly squeezing them shut. The voice spoke again, this time it sounded less familiar and it was hard to understand what they were saying. It almost hurt, yet it somehow remained soft and endearing. In his gut he felt as if it wasn't God, not the devil either. 'Who are you?' he rasps without a voice.

The light slowly fades becoming something a bit different, less bright, almost more purple, warm and tender, almost like a mother's touch. It lulls him to sleep gently and whispers soft songs in his ears again. Thank you.

His lungs burn but he still feels warmth against him, around him, something hot splashes against his skin like a weak wake up call. What? Feels like a weight is resting on his chest making it hard to push air past his lips much less suck it down. Not that he should be breathing at all but his body worked on its own. Feels weightless and heavy all at the same time, the pain is creeping back in soreness but nothing quite like before. More like he'd somehow managed to down that last vile which was not only impossible, but it wouldn't do him any good. Still felt like his insides were trying to untie themselves from too many impossible knots.

His hand twitches, feeling slowly creeping back up to his arm. Stillness for several seconds which felt like they extended on for an eternity. Wolfwood. He was sure he heard his name though it was hard to make out the rest. Several more seconds slipped past him before his eyes cracked open only to be welcomed by another blinding light, quickly closed tightly, and then forced themselves open again. Felt more like natural light this time. A small sound escaped his lips, somewhere between a groan and sharp in hail of breath. Took a few more seconds for the feeling to comeback to his body. Where? Wasn't sitting, head leaning against something, someone.... oh... heart beating really fast, wait, it wasn't his own.. .

His mind was still at a loss, he moved a little more nothing too extensive just as the feeling came back to his limbs. Still felt like he'd been hit by a sandship. Soft breaths through his lips he blinked tiredly at his surroundings trying to force his vision into focus. Shouldn't there be less sand? He struggled to raise his head. Like a dreary child he managed to finally look up through the mess of dark hair hanging in his face blinking once, twice more. Were those tears he'd felt? He could make out the blurred face of his friend. Breathing out a shaky breath his voice cracked.

“Sup'osed t' be smil..ng, Tong..ari...”

Vash the Stampede

PIOGU4ebhrtwrstghjyr5

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
"On this hot, sandy planet, traveling from east to west on this huge wasteland, I am the one that strives for Love and Peace, who's also been called the Humanoid Typhoon, with six hundred billion on my head. Whether it's from fate, karma, or accident, I'm just another man caught between heaven and earth. A wandering gunman with a red coat."
Sep 7 2017, 12:59 AM
PMQuote
Silence still permeated the air, and the movement, however small, almost felt like it had to be a trick of the mind. Wishful thinking. Maybe he just wanted there to be movement, so that he wouldn't have to bring this body towards the hole. Wherever that hole was. He still couldn't understand why it seemed to be gone. The fact the churches seemed to have vanished as well hardly seemed to register just yet. This was just a cruel joke his mind was playing on him. He should have tried looking around again, get his bearings back after that moment of darkness. Yet his eyes seemed to only want to focus on one thing. The man in his arms.

Move again. Please, just give him a reason to think it's more than just his guilt-ridden mind.

A shaky break passed his lips at the sight of eyes flickering open once... no, twice. Was he really just going crazy? Or was this actually happening? He'd never known a dead man to look up at him like that before, though. Usually when the dead had their eyes open, it was not such a soothing sight. Still, even with eyes open, Vash couldn't be certain that he wasn't just seeing things. "C'mon, say something... please..." It was almost like he was begging for a ghost to open their lips, to grace him with some small words that, in the end, would still likely be meaningless. What good when hearing him speak actually do for him, anyway? Would it just be more old phrases memories were trying to play on repeat?

The words that did touch his ears, however, were more than just a memory, more than just some mental ghost. He felt himself going weak, knees wobbling, arms trying not to speak. 'Smiling...' It was the one word that seemed to currently play across his thoughts. And though sadness still held a vice grip on his heart, and though he seemed to choke on a quiet sob, he could feel his lips actually manage to pull up just a little. Weak, so weak, he fell to his knees, holding the man in his arms tighter, closer, whatever he could manage. "Wolfwood! I thought you died!" Did god actually hear his prayer? Did he actually do him just this one small favor? Did god even care enough to do so?

He didn't want to let go, practically refused to even. No matter what, he had to hold on. Who knew how long it would be until whatever God gave him this chance decided to take it back away from him. "Don't do that again, please..." His voice wavered and cracked. The words felt like cotton in his mouth, trying to dry it up. Or maybe that was the heat... it likely wasn't aided by the fact that the last thing he'd had to drink was a sip of alcohol. "I can't lose another friend." True words and yet it was sad to think, no... sad to know, to understand he'd still lose plenty more in the long run. Probably sooner rather than later.

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; *quietly screaming*
Curtain’s call Is the last of all When the lights fade out All the sinners crawl So they dug your grave And the masquerade Will come calling out At the mess you've made Don't wanna let you down But I am hell bound Though this is all for you Don't wanna hide the truth No matter what we breed We still are made of greed This is my kingdom come This is my kingdom come Look into my eyes It’s where my demons hide
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
I know some things that you don't. I've done things that you won't. There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home...
Sep 7 2017, 01:33 AM
PMQuote

Beginning to wonder if maybe that 'angel' thing wasn't too far off from the truth. Just his mind playing tricks on him, surely, too many stories he'd heard as a boy creeping up in the back of his mind to give him some of that shattered childhood hope. How many times had he cursed their existence, and God too, too many far too many. Nothing seemed real anymore.

He stopped trying to make sense of it all and focused on the small amount of air he was managing to get down. Throat was dry and swallowing only seemed to make it worse. Trying to focus his eyes for now was the least he could do. There's that voice again, in his ears, like his conscious. Now wasn't that an amusing thought. Is his former master was the devil on his shoulder then maybe that spiky-haired fool really was his his conscious.

There was no denying the saddened look on his face though, it tightened his chest and tugged his lips downward and wrinkled his brow. He looked so sad, so miserable, god he shouldn't have to look like that! It wasn't fair. Say something, please. On the verge of begging the voice filled him to the brim with guilt. So he managed to get a few words past his lips, more like sounds, he wasn't entirely sure they were any more than garbled half-choked sounds that wouldn't make any sense. But it seemed to get the point across, or at the very least let him be heard. At least it made a small smile return there, no matter how weak.

The world moved a little too fast, while he managed to not wince it did feel a bit like he was falling at first. One hand instinctively gripping one of Vash's arms before it stopped. Not falling then, maybe his senses were still off. “Wh-” I thought you died! his lips remain parted as if the words had been spirited away from him. Died. Hadn't he?

“I think... I did...I should...be.” it made no logical sense.

He stared unblinking for several seconds before feeling arms tighten around him. A weird feeling something that forced him to remain still, not as though he'd been fighting to get away, but he had put a hand on the man's chest in an attempt to right himself a little. Instead now he just sort of half laid there with a million thoughts shorting out in his head. She'd hugged him, as a boy but it was the last time he'd really been shown such real affection, joking and teasing aside.

But he had died, right? His body started to tremble against his will not to. He felt small again, tiny, like a child being comforted after a nightmare. Heart hammering he stiffened a moment while cursing softly under his breath and then moved his hands to grab fist-fulls of Vash's coat, one around his back the other against his chest. Stupid, this was stupid, he was stupid. He wasn't a child stop acting like one. Choking back a small sob he buried his face against him.

He wasn't dead.

Vash the Stampede

EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
Sep 7 2017, 02:08 AM
PMQuote
He heard those words, knew, regrettably, that they held more than just a fraction of truth to them. He hadn't thought Wolfwood had died. He knew damn well that is raven-haired friend had passed on. He'd been there, sitting next to him the moment it had happened. And even before that, he'd already started coming to terms that it was possible he wouldn't make it. He'd just hoped that maybe if he prayed enough, maybe if he could sell what fractured pieces of his soul he had left, by some miracle he wouldn't stop breathing. For hours, he'd cried, for hours dug that hole. No, there was no thought about it. He didn't imagine he'd been mistaken after all. But it was so nice for something like that to not stick. How could it not stick?

Vash shook his head slightly. Should be... no, no he disagreed. But maybe that was just the optimist in him. That person that wanted everyone to live, to survive, no matter what hardships tried to claw at people. "No... you're wrong. You shouldn't be dead." He had to voice the words before they became lost forever. If anyone truly deserved to be dead, he knew it was himself. And yet he also couldn't, not yet. Not until he dealt with Knives, not until he made sure the rest of the people on Gunsmoke were safe from his brother.

He didn't want to say he needed someone, though the thought graced his thoughts. The girls... he was always worried that the more they stuck around, the more likely they were to end up dead. At least Wolfwood he'd thought he'd have less to worry about. Even then, they'd split up. If they had never split up... would everything have turned out differently? It was just another thought that seemed to make his heart pound and his arms tighten.

He felt his coat seemingly tighten before he realized that there were arms around him. His eyes went wide for a second, almost out of shock before his smile broadened across his face. While he'd been trying to hold back on his tears before, now he didn't seem to care how freely they rolled. If he didn't think he'd break the man, he would have held him even tighter. He still almost wanted to. Just a little tighter. Make sure all of this was real. Then again, how could it not be? He could feel the sting in his eyes, his face felt raw from hours of sobbing. "You had me really scared there." Scared... mildly depressed and guilt ridden... they were the same thing in essence, right?

His voice dropped as his arms loosened just slightly. "I'm sorry... I should have smiled... before..."

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; *continues quietly screaming* also sorry for shortness >\\\\<
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Sep 7 2017, 02:43 AM
PMQuote

Should be dead. The least he could die was die for his sins, die for all those lives he'd taken, finally rest. Wasn't a great priest, wasn't much of a holy man at all, a better assassin. A better lair and betrayer. Good at hurting people, not saving them, but somehow he'd managed with Vash's help he'd saved all of them. It was a good thought, something he felt almost prideful of when he shouldn't. Thankful so thankful.

'No...you're wrong. You shouldn't be dead.'

The same half-broken voice. The younger man blinked a few times before managing a weak smirk. 'I dunno.' he thought before peering back over those tear-stained reddened features of his. How long had he been out? Dead rather. Dead; the thought chilled him and made his bones ache a little. All said and done he couldn't feel any of the same wounds, but maybe his body had already rushed to close them up. It did not explain how or why he was still breathing though. An act of God? He wouldn't decide if it was a cruel or kind one.

'I dunno... if I'm supposed to be using this time wisely get out some final words...or something.' would it suddenly blink out and the darkness overtake him again. Find himself sitting at God's table in the blink of an eye and have to tell him he wasted those few seconds he'd been spat back out. No on eelse was here. Just he and Vash, Livo. He tried to peer around the other man's red form but found no other signs of life. It was enough to convince him that maybe this was a dream after all.

So he clung to him, out of words, feeling small and frail. Might blow away in the wind with the rest of the dust around here. He allowed himself to remain like that clinging tightly without a second thought, his strength would have likely been too much for him if he were human, but seeing as he wasn't it still wasn't enough to cause any harm. Had him scared.... the words cut into his skin, not sure he'd heard anyone outside the orphanage ever say that. Not sure he liked how it made him feel, shaky, guilty.

He felt the arms loosen followed by those words and he winced shaking his head against his coat. Stupid Tongari. “I'm...sorry, Tongari” he muttered helplessly both hoping it would and wouldn't be heard. He could think about his pride later. 'Forgive me, please forgive me, God please.' he hung on tightly, just a little longer, just a little...

Finally he let his fingertips uncurl their death grip on the coat and breathed in deeply through his nose, not sure when his last breath was taken between quiet chokes. He leaned a little despite just wanting to slump against him and remain like that for a while listening to a beating heart helped him focus, or tried to lull him back to sleep. He shifted sitting up a little and turned his gaze away from Vash not necessarily pretending that hadn't just happened, but wasn't entirely sure what to say if anything needed to be said. “Wh-where....are we?” he swallowed dryly. “You're too good for Hell....” he coughed dryly before rasping shortly after. “I'd have to come back and kick your a** if you somehow managed to die too.”

The church, Livo, everything was just gone.

Vash the Stampede

SHhhh

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
Sep 7 2017, 11:05 AM
PMQuote
The apology almost made him want to hold on tighter again. But he knew he ahold probably let go. He didn't want to, almost more nervous now that if he did, god would take this moment away. He knew if that happened, all that holding back he'd been trying to do before would be impossible. He knew it'd take but a second for that energy to crackle back to life and burst forth. Then not only would he be gone, there would be nothing there for him to come back with. Just barely ashes. No, don't let go. 'It's okay, I forgive you.' He wanted to say the words out loud but he was certain even unspoken, it was a known fact. Besides, hadn't he already told Nick not to say stupid things?

Instead of tightening arms, he let his fingers curl, gripping at whatever bits of the fabric of that suit he could. It was oddly nice, for that moment, to not just hold on but be held back. Not hit or pushed away for such a show. He was almost expecting it, at any moment. What more, there was some small part of him that seemed to want that. Give him just some sort of out, take something so serious and twist it into something a little better, a little nicer. If only he could somehow easily manage to do such. Usually, he could. It wasn't hard to bury sadness, to bury despair. Everything was buried for him usually. Except in this moment, even with conscious company, it was hard to make himself put up the usual facade.

Vash almost wanted to ask him to not let go once he realized his coat had a bit of slack again. He didn't know how long until Wolfwood might fade back out. Maybe he should just trust that he wouldn't. It took a moment but slowly his own fingers uncurled themselves and his arms loosened even more until he was certain they were being used as no more than a small aid in keeping the other from not necessarily falling uncomfortably into the sand. Be the best little support he could. He should have taken time opportunity to look around himself but instead, he still couldn't seem to manage to tear his eyes away from the priest. It felt like it held the same principle holding on so tightly did. If he even so mug as blinked... he could be dead again. He couldn't even bear to wipe the tears from his eyes.

Where... huh? Okay, so that question made him force his attention upward. It was a painful second, awaiting for the mass to return to dead weight again, but when it didn't, a soft relieved sigh fluttered from his lips. With that small worry lifted, he took a good look again. He knew the grave had gone missing but noting that the church was gone too... where were they was a very good question. That darkness... maybe he really did wander through it without thought. Though he would have sworn he'd stayed in one place the whole time. Sniffling a little, he reached up to rub the tears from his eyes before trying to take up a more lighthearted tone. The the soft cries still seemed to try and seep into it but at least it was getting better. "The desert."

Well, it wasn't a lie.

One comment seemed or meld into another. Vash had been close to saying that was one of the nicest things he could remember him ever saying until it was ruined with the threats of being hit. A quiet, albeit more whimsical whimper seemed to rumble his throat as his lips pouted out. "You're alive for five minutes and already you're being so cold. What did I do to deserve this?!" The words seemed to hold a bit more dramatics to them than sadness, a thankful turn indeed. Maybe he could actually swallow down the pain. Pretend it didn't exist. At least for the moment. His head turned away after that, though, smiling a little more. 'I deserve worse than Hell...' It was words he wanted to say, words he honestly believed. But he managed to keep them to himself.

He shifted to make it seem he was just looking around again. Not just trying to hide his thoughts. "I... might have gotten lost trying to get back to the hole I was digging..." Yeah, that sounded about right. He was certain it didn't need to be said who that hole was for.

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; *shushes*
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Sep 7 2017, 12:31 PM
PMQuote

Maybe he was just too tired to fight it anymore. Half of him still wanted to scratch and claw away, he doubted that feeling in his gut would ever go away. Was it so wrong the other half of him just wanted to be alive? Not to make a mockery of it or God but was it wrong to want to stay alive? Selfish maybe? Maybe he was still a child, wanted to go back to his adventuring and getting into trouble. Wanted to thank him, and make sure Livo was alright, maybe... just maybe check up on the kids.

He hated letting go so maybe one of his hands didn't completely do so yet. Gotta hold on to that lifeline. Besides, don't make him admit he actually liked the warmth. Appreciated it. Give him just a moment to feel like a child again, or maybe it wasn't that, just to feel something. Something around him that was safe, warm, someone he could trust.

But why did he cry. He felt so silly for it but it just wouldn't stop. He was alive, or it felt like it at least, he was here, everyone was safe. God it hurt so much though. He'd managed to keep his cool somehow throughout the battle but now he couldn't keep the wall up any longer. Maybe he really was just some stupid kid. Just a moment longer, then he could go back to acting like an adult. Even though he hated that right now.

Its alright, he knew he wouldn't be judged. He'd been seen at his strongest....maybe he could allow himself to fall apart just this once.

Finally managing to push that aside he began to wonder exactly where they were. Sure, the guy was carrying him, but unless he'd decided to walk pretty far off, where were they? He glimpsed back up at Vash again only to draw his attention away again. It was hard to look at him like that, and as much as he wanted to tell him to smile it seemed wrong to do so. The desert. he was almost sure his soul had escaped through his lips again as his face deadpanned. 'Really?' he shot the look back at Vash before blinking several times. “How the heck could you not know?” far as he knew he was the only one dead or otherwise out while this was going on. (Seemed like a reasonable excuse to not know.)

His eyes widened a little at the man's words before he shifted a little in his arms feeling some heat rise to his face. Over-dramatic, yes, but for some reason they hit home. 'Da** it.' that smile again, that I'm smiling because I'm in pain smile. It hurt to look at him for long. 'Stupid pain in the a**.' he swallowed hard and tried to get a look at their surroundings. Nothing but sand. “How drunk did you get while I was out?” he asked managing a devious smirk and small rise of his shoulders. He pressed his lips firmly together chewing on the inside the tried not to frown after.

The hole he was digging.

“Fu**. Tongari.” he mumbled out a little louder than he might have wanted as his face wrinkled up, eyes narrowing. Not in disgust but he really didn't didn't want to go back to clinging desperately and sobbing against the guy. Okay so maybe a part of him did. It felt so heavy, too hard to breathe, god he just wanted to yell. He swallowed hard again. 'How do you lose a hole?' his look might have said it but he couldn't seem to ask.

'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...please forgive me.' It all started hurting again.

“Only you.” he replied with a small sigh before reaching up and gently pinching Vash's cheek not as rough as he might have normally, either because he was too tired or didn't really want to add to his pain. “Stop that crying...don't cry for me. I'm not worth it. No, cos you'll get me started again...” he admitted the later a bit more softly under his breath. He really just wanted to yell still and curse at the sky, was it too late for that now?

As much as he kind of wanted to stay, it was best he try and get up, can't get lazy now. He didn't jerk or pull only shuffle and try to draw his legs under him, when that was done he forced himself to stand, a bit weak in the knees and wobbly, but Vash made a pretty good brace to hold onto. Peering around again he shook his head. “Yep. That's...more desert...” he remarked sarcastically.

“Where in the hell are we....?” Only Vash could get this lost.

Vash the Stampede

This was a rambly mess I'm sorry X'D

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
Sep 7 2017, 02:14 PM
PMQuote
That look on Wolfwood's face made this almost feel like it was slipping back into something familiar. Let the vestiges of emotion fizzle out, even if only by a mere fraction. Let things go back to the way they should be, the way they had always been meant to be. Light, a bit carefree, happy. That latter still felt so far away but if he could just manage, for a second, to flip that switch in his head and truly hide everything beneath the smiling mask he loved to wear, then everything would be just fine. Just, please let the teats stop. He wanted to beg with himself to make them completely go away but it was to no avail. They continued to sparkle in his eyes, at least they'd managed to slow down a bit.

"Uh... well..." He blinked a few more drops away as his brows knitted closer together. At least this made it easier to start really pulling the mask back together. His lips pressed into a line, trying to think or a really good answer. The only problem was, there wasn't one. "I mean, really, do we ever know where we are out here?" Stupid question. The answer was yes, usually they knew where they were traveling. Granted it was easy to get lost in a desert, but it was a desert he knew rather intricately. It shouldn't actually be this hard for him to say where they were at. "Would you believe me if I said something ate my vision for a good minute here?" It wasn't really a lie. Darkness had swallowed him whole before the desert had come back into view.

Vash continued to try and stitch his mask back together so it could fall properly in place but it felt harder and harder. Especially as that small curse word seemed to puncture his ears. Don't let the emotions get the better of him again, he had to at least try and seem happy. Smile. For him. "You know, I don't think preachers are supposed to curse as much as you do," he finally managed to say, a slight teasing get tone touch if his voice. It was a start. Now to hope he could keep it up. Now to just get the rest of his facade in check.

"Huh-" He straightened a little at the pinch. Such a small gesture, almost kind in its nature, and yet suddenly he felt the tears starting to roll much more freely again. Because he'd felt it. No dream could feel like that, no matter what. This moment, whatever it was, it really was happening. Being told not to cry made all the more impossible to stop. "Oh Wolfwood, you would cry because of me? I never knew I influenced you so much." It took literally everything he had to not try and pull the man close again, to hug him tight. He bad to let him for, let him up. Everything was gonna he fine.

Everything had to be, right?

He rubbed his face, getting some of the theatrics and tears under control before sitting up on his knees a bit. He'd stand in a few, no doubt, but at the moment he didn't want to leave Wolfwood without the support. And he somehow doubted the man wanted an arm physically holding him up. Pride and all that. He seemed to confirm that it was more desert. The hand that had rubbed at his face now Rea he'd to put his glasses on before shading his eyes. He was just trying to get a good look at one of the suns. If he could get them going in the right direction, it wouldn't matter where they were. They could probably find their way back to the church in no time. Though there was that question of the century. Where were they. A bit of nervous sounding laughter fell from his lips. Much nicer than the sadness that still seemed to stick to them at least. "I mean, we can't be that far from the church still." So that was at least... something?

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; Please it is far from being a mess, sweetness~
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Sep 7 2017, 03:19 PM
PMQuote

Wolfwood's eyelids drooped as the older man made the comment as if to say did they ever really know? So now he was just being a smara** or extremely deep with that statement. Neither of which he had much a patience for but he would deal with it, or maybe it was still a bit comforting. Reminding him that at least Vash seemed real if nothing else did. He cranked his head at him and gave the man a bit of a weary stare before looking back out over the sand that seemed to have no end in any direction he see. Granted his vision wasn't at one-hundred percent but he was sure he couldn't see anything familiar from here.

Fake it till you make it? He felt ashamed the guy had to pull it back together for him, maybe if he closed his eyes or looked away long enough he could get it all out. God knows he deserves better than that. A small sigh eased past his lips as he raised a hand to firmly grip Vash's shoulder. He wasn't any good at this emotional thing, comforting someone was even more unfamiliar. Wished he could say something, anything, to comfort him. “Hey...its okay now...somehow.” he managed a small smile of his own. Its okay to break, and fall apart, maybe he still would. Though it'd somehow helped clinging to him before. He just knew he couldn't stay like that. It was important to find out what happened to them.

'Your vision....' he thought for several seconds before his face fell at Vash's small scolding. 'Really?!' Not like he was wrong but. Da** it. He puffed up his features in the best almost-childish pout he could manage though it really wasn't as intentional as it probably seemed.

He pinched him, when he shouldn't have, those tears again. He stared a moment longer before shaking his head roughly at Vash's comment. “I WASN'T CRYING.” he blurted out before hacking and coughing hoarsely. “Stupid, I wasn't...” he breathed in deeply while chewing his bottom lip and closing his eyes tightly. 'DA** YOU.' he wiped at his face ugh dirty, sticky probably still covered with his own blood. This sucked! He thumped his head against him again in sort of a half-hug or lean against him with is hand still holding onto the front of his coat as it had been the whole time.

“Was told...you were a bad influence.” he spoke softly.

He'd managed to stand after prying himself away from Vash, because really he didn't want to move. But staying like that just sitting in the sun for a few hours wasn't the best idea. Especially if they didn't know where they were. Holding on to the other man's shoulder for support and then managing to take a step or two away he wobbled a second before finally managing to remain on his feet for the most part. One step at a time. He reached into his coat pocket before frowning right his sunglasses had been broken in the fight. He continued to search only to drag out a pack of cigarettes and frown at the crushed and bloody mess they'd become. ”Sh*t.” he groaned giving them a weak hurl into the horizon.

He wanted to curl back up with some smokes, a drink, and just....maybe lean against that idiot and talk about the good old times. He wasn't sure he wouldn't suddenly be spirited away after all. Right, he was still sort of hanging on to Vash's arm now (assuming he had also stood up). He slowly let go once he knew he was more stable on his feet.

“That ...look normal to you?” he raised his hand against the sun to shield his eyes. 'Sun' just one.

Vash the Stampede

He is a sad broken man, or they both are, but its fine now.

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
Sep 7 2017, 07:44 PM
PMQuote
Was it okay, though? Okay, maybe some small part of it was. His best friend managed to some how open those eyes back up. He'd some how managed to come past death and return. One less loss, but who would end up taking his place? It was a bitter thought that now seemed to clutch at his heart. Dammit, why did his mind have to go there? Why did it have to try and play off of something else? And, even if it hadn't, it was hard to imagine anything could actually be okay when there was still the issue of his brother that needed resolving. Until Knives was stopped, there would always be the smallest worry that something else was going to happen. If he hadn't managed to get so turned around, they'd be able to get back onto that path that much quicker.

Still, he took those words to aid in structuring his mask, used them to make his smile just a little better.

Okay, despite his tears, he couldn't help he want to laugh. Just the childish way Nick said it, it was too perfect. Instead, he tried to weave in a bit of theatrics, his lips pouting up ridiculously, quivering as though he was trying to get a point across. "It's okay Wolfwood, you can cry. My shoulder is here for you." He was pretty certain he was gonna get hit for this one but at least it helped to fortify the mask that much more. The pouting quietly ceased as a sly smile tried to break through the tears. "I won't judge you." If the first comment didn't warrant a smack, that one had to, right? It was almost like he was purposefully trying to goad the other on a little. It certainly helped his own mood at least.

The sly smirk melted into a look of indignation as he gave a huff. A bad influence? How could he say such a thing! Lies! Slander! Blasphemy! Okay, maybe not the latter. "I am the perfect influence. A quiet purveyor of love. And peace." Just not so quiet. And honestly, while it was a message he did try to spread, it didn't seem to come through the way he liked it to. Probably had something to do with the whole dunce facade. Maybe, just a little. Kids seemed to take to it a whole lot better than adults ever did at least. Just goes to show the sort of world they live in these days.

It took a moment for him to get up himself. Seeing that small wobble of Wolfwood's made it feel that much more imperative to actually stand up. He seemed to make a better leaning post when he was looking down on the other man than he did looking up at him. It still felt almost impossible to keep himself from wrapping an arm around the other but he would let him use what support he wanted. Didn't need to crowd him too much. It was almost a shame when he felt his arm let go of completely. In a heartbeat, he would be ready to keep the other up if it was needed. "Does what look-" He cut himself off as he looked up, trying to clear his vision up a bit. Wait... something was weird. "Oh hey, one of the sun's are gonna." His head tilted to the side. That was weird. Ah, he was sure it was nothing. "Sure it's fine. Maybe it's just hard to see from where we're standing." It certainly made sense at least.

Grinning over at Wolfwood, he placed a hand firmly on his back, happy the tears were at least stopped but the remains still seemed to stain his puffy face. "You think you're okay to walk? We can sit down for a bit more If you want but if we don't find that church again, we're gonna end up getting real thirsty out here." Too bad he didn't think to grab the bottle when he had grabbed Wolfwood.

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; This post is such crap, I am so sorry.
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Sep 7 2017, 08:54 PM
PMQuote

It sucked the breath out of him. You can cry. My shoulder is here for you. He opened his mouth to try and come with some quick-witted and short comeback. Something clever but harsh, sharp and, who was he kidding... his mouth closed a little more tightly when Vash made the second comment. 'Oh Fu** him...' he chewed on his lip before roughly shaking his head. Okay, alright too rough, don't do that again. He gently elbowed him in the stomach in reply his face falling again. “Yeah next I'll be giving you my confession.”

Knowing him...he probably would let him. Now wasn't the time for that. Maybe later.

The perfect influence. He grunted softly and wiped at his face trying to clean any of it off that he could manage with his coat sleeve. Love and peace. He face screwed up before he managed a sort of weak laugh that escaped from deep in his chest. “I guess so.” he replied with a soft sigh now, his brows wrinkling together. 'Master sure didn't think so....you shoulda heard his lecture.' he shook his head at himself and closed his eyes.

Felt kind of good to be on his own too feet, no reason to keep that guy on the ground too. Taking a look around from where they stood didn't really provide him with much though. He took a few steps, occasionally reaching out to clamp his hand around Vash's arm so he didn't lose balance. Or maybe to make sure he was still there. He raised an eyebrow with a sort of loud snort.“Huh?- No sh*t –hm?” Well, maybe he wasn't wrong...? “I dunno...” he hummed.

Breathing in deeply he looked back at Vash and nodded. “Yeah I think I'm alright, somehow. Lets get back.” he wondered if they'd still be worried about him. Livo was probably crying too, just like Vash, just like those kids. Could he stop making people cry for him, he wasn't worth... he shook that thought away and proceeded forward. “So, any idea which direction to head at least?” he tried to keep himself distracted as he walked back and forth just trying to scope out the area. Moving in another direction until thunk.

“SONOFA-” Eyes widening he didn't have much time to react, only flail forward before landing on his face and proceeding to slide down the sand dune part way grumbling and gasping, spitting out sand, as he pushed himself up onto his hands and knees. “What the –?” he stopped and stared as the battered form of his Punisher slid across the sand to rest near him. Too soon. His heart sank as he reached for it slowly and stood up watching the sand pour from its 'wounds' as he propped it upright.

Seemed to...really cement the outcome of the previous battle in his mind.

'I'm dead....I've got to be...right?'

Vash the Stampede

You are perfect no worries X3

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
Sep 7 2017, 11:10 PM
PMQuote
Ah, there it was. Non-malicious and yet still dug into him slightly. The elbow was just another small reminder as to how real this all was. So happy to feel it. So happy to know, for once, he'd been listened to. "You're the priest Wolfwood, not me," Vash mused the the second the words left him a thought sparked off in his head. Trying to make his features seem as neutral as possible, bringing his hands up and together in front of him. Perhaps it was wrong to do this, a true act of blasphemy, but it might at least get some sort of amusing response from the other. "But if you truly wish to confess, Father, I am happy to stand in the booth and listen." Head tilting slightly to the side, he smiled over at him again. "I'm sure I can give you a hail Mary or two, if it'd help."

Maybe someday, even he'd get the chance to truly confess...

He was happy to hear that bit of laughter, even if it was followed by such a sarcastic feeling answer. There wasn't even an actual hint of sarcasm there, not that he could hear, but it just felt like it. He guessed so. Was that him agreeing? Or was it more of a 'yeah, sure you are' sort. He liked to think it was the former rather than the latter though. It'd be a nice thought, wouldn't it? Maybe some day, even Wolfwood would actually properly come to understand what that meant. Love and peace, the two things that could so easily replace all of the hatred and violence. When that day came, there would finally be no more death... maybe.

Although love and peace aside, the was really weird that they couldn't see both suns from here. Honestly, he was certain it just had to be what he'd said. Or maybe... "Could have also set already. I mean... it was getting late... before." He didn't want to say how late, didn't want to admit to how much time had come to pass. Nick really didn't need to know that much. He'd leave him with some thought that maybe, he just had managed to not die. Could he even think that, though? Something told Vash the answer was no. The priest seemed to have a bit more realism to his view points than that.

Giving a small nod in acknowledge, he started to walk, staying close to the others side. It was nice, familiar, comforting. It made him feel like he could truly accept this as reality, not just some cruel joke. Something couldn't possible ruin this, right? Of course not. Something good was happening, he couldn't allow anyone to take that away. Even if he might not completely deserve it. Right, direction. He closed his right eye as he brought his arm up, most of his fingers curled in while his thumb remained up. His tongue passed over his lips in thought as he positioned his finger over where the sun was in his vision before turning his hand. "Well..." As his hand fell, his eye opened back up and he gave a shrug. "I have no clue." At least he was honest.

"Wolfwood?!" The other man's fall, so sudden, so unexpected, it basically made his heart jump out of his chest. Vash came to a stop at the top of the dune and stared down. 'Get up, get up please.' So maybe he was a little scared still that Nick would just die again. No more than a few seconds could have passed between the trip and the man getting back up yet it almost felt like an eternity with the worry clawing at the Plant's thoughts. A sigh escaped as he leaned his weight backwards to slide down the hill himself. "You okay? What'd you-" Before he could say 'find' his eyes seemed to focus on the gun. Oh... he didn't put that out here... That should have been close to the couch still. Unless...

"This is great! The church shouldn't be too much rather then!"

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; Okay so I gave into that temptation.
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Sep 7 2017, 11:54 PM
PMQuote

You're the priest. He felt his chest move in as he choked out a short but somewhat bitter laugh. 'Something like that.' He doubted it, it was all just a front that's all it had ever been, right? He lazily looked back toward Vash to see that silly man putting on another act, hands together, he just kept going with this didn't he. Rolling his eyes Wolfwood shook his head and then managed a smirk with si brows knit together. “Might hold you to that someday.” he scratched a hand through his dark hair. ”Once I get good and drunk.”

He could have probably come up with something better, but he was either too tired or could admit being just as screed up as everyone else. Hah, worse, of course.

“Your lectures were better than his at least.” he muttered reaching inside his coat again to at least find his lighter. Well, he still had that, just nothing to smoke. Which was something he really needed right now. Stupid fight. Was it too late to scream still, was the moment over?

Sucking in a deep breath of air it felt good to feel his chest fill up without too much pain. Soreness but not quite like having a cross stuck through you. He cranked his head back to stare at the man in the red-coat. Good he's almost acting normal. If he had to Wolfwood would carry him too, somehow, all that weight, didn't matter, he'd do it...somehow.

Face falling flat after Vash's antics only to come up empty handed. “REALLY!? You dumba**! Well then just pick a direc---Ughfh.?!” He probably deserved that face full of sand. Karma or something. Well, Vash wasn't wrong, he was thirsty NOW. Shaking his hair out he groaned wiping his hand over his face. As if he wasn't dirty enough. Of course irritation faded a little when he saw the weapon lying there. He could only stare or several seconds with a blank look on his face. Not sure if he should be happy or mortified to see the thing. “I'm fine.” he leaned against the weapon and watched the older man a few seconds. Opening his mouth only to look away and dampen his lips before Vash could notice.

“Mr. Optimist.” Alright then this direction? Maybe. He winced a little unable to really let go of the weapon. Should just leave the thing there as a grave marker, let it decay and rot like a corpse. Like him. Maybe thats why he let it fall forward before wrapping his arm around the middle. Even half-dismantled it was heavy, or he was just exhausted still, but he could carry it like this for now, easy. All that mercy.

Forward. He walked unless there was protest or any other idea for which direction to go. Lots of walking. “Couldn't you get lost somewhere closer, some somewhere near a well....or motorcycle?” he tilted his head to the side and raised his brow. He allowed the silence to grow a little between them as they walked, but oh how it seemed to begin weighing down on his shoulders. He wanted to keep his back to Vash as much as he wanted to give him a questioning look and ask if this was just his own private slice of ..well.. he wasn't entirely sure what to call it, not heaven, not really hell, maybe purgatory?

How long had they been walking he felt the bottom of the Punisher begin to drag across the sand, and allowed it to slip from his arm some so he could stop and lean against it. Maybe he was pushing it, or maybe too many thoughts making that da**ed thing heavier than it really was. Nothing but sand and more sand... getting dark out too. So thirsty. He scratched a hand through his hair to remove some from his eyes.

“Found....more desert.”

Vash the Stampede

Hes so just out of it im sorry

Plant
150+
Wanderer
Vitreus
25 posts
Luna
CST / Offline
Vash The Stampede
Sep 8 2017, 02:00 PM
PMQuote
That stupid grin slowly become a bit more genuine. It'd be nice to hear that confession. He could only imagine how it might end up going. Maybe once they found the church again, they could both nice and drunk. There was bound to be some more alcohol in it, maybe... hopefully. Was if bad to want that so badly? Maybe looking forward to something like that wasn't what he ought to be focused on. It'd just be something good for him to keep in the back of his mind for the time being. "Better than whose?" He brought a hand up to gently scratch the side of his head in confusion. Oh, was it that... 'Master C' guy or whatever? Now that he thought of it, that was probably who he was talking about. He really had to ask about him. Livio, too. It'd be nice to get some sort of idea as to who that guy was. Because all he really knew right now was that he'd tried to kill them. Not the best of first impressions but he's seen a hell of a lot worse by now.

Dumbass. Such a harsh word and yet it had its own weird comforts in it. Because hearing it meant that everything couldn't be more normal now. Maybe to help to push past the haunting emotions. What little energy that had been still trying to seep out from before was certainly completely repressed now, bottled back up like it was meant to be. He couldn't seem any happier in the moment than he did. Right, back to normal. Now he just had to keep himself at this level of normality. He was pretty certain that the couldn't be all that difficult for him to do. "Good! Seemed like a pretty nasty slide." Honestly, he was a little surprised that he'd managed to keep himself from making the same mistake. Maybe those several decades had done him some good with navigating terrain like this.

"Someone's gotta be the optimist," he mused, his tone nearly bordering on sing song. If it wasn't him, who would it be? Better to try and seem on the brighter side of life than to allow all of that pain and pessimism eat him up. He had enough of that in the moments get managed to have to himself. He leaned back on the heels of his boots for a second before shifting his weight forward again, waiting for the other to start walking. He didn't want to chance the man losing his balance what with the weapon now in his hands. Maybe he could find his bag around here somewhere, too... Bound to show up the closer they got to the church, yeah? Right, he was moving, time to step along with him.

How much farther could it be?

While the question was certainly warranted, it didn't stop the almost unbelieving look the half-blonde gave back. Get lost closer? It hadn't been as though he'd gotten lost intentionally! It was an accident! Totally, completely, one hundred percent! "Look, I'm telling you, I didn't mean to get lost. One second, I was getting good ready to lower you, the next, everything went black. And then... the hole was just gone. You know, it's possible that darkness moved me." Maybe... that made sense, right? One of the Gung-ho Guns perhaps? Doubtful but he couldn't ease up on that possibility. Not one bit. It'd be like them to get a cheap shot. They were supposed to be trying to kill him after all, and plenty of them seemed to have some pretty... interesting abilities.

It wasn't long until silence seemed to fall between them. It was almost comfortable, almost easy to move through. Staying just barely a step behind his friend, he allowed that silence to stay there, not wishing to break it. Let them just walk and find the church. Were they even heading the right direction? He'd thought so at first but the longer they walked, the farther along they got, the more expensive realized... they were going the wrong way. And as the sun began to set, it became even more obvious that maybe, just maybe... "I think we might have gone the wrong way." His voice sounded almost hoarse, throat a bit too dry. Hadn't eaten since we'll before that fight, hadn't had a sip of anything since the couch. Ugh, this was only going to get worse.

After a little more walking, he came to a stop and crouched down, panting softly. "Just... gimme five minutes... need a break. God, why don't you... carry anything useful... in that cross?" It took less than a second for him to shift his weight backwards and fall against the sand. So much for crouching. Oh yeah, this was much better anyway. Never mind the hot sand trying to burn the back of his neck, this was niiiiiice. "Gotta be... closing in on something... right?" Where was a passerby when they needed one?

Tag;; Nicholas D. Wolfwood || Notes;; Dun be sorry ever ♡
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings RAINBOW CONNECTION FABLE realm of the seven

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland