105 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Henry Green
"If you can make the reader laugh he is apt to get careless and go on reading."
Sep 5 2017, 06:20 PM
PMQuote

Another Day's Work

As he had every morning, Henry was up early and taking care of personal matters before opening up the shop. Seemed he was mostly working alone today, which he didn't mind in the least. He spent part of the morning picking up his scattered papers from the cabinet and dusting a few of the shelves before returning to his office. The office was located in a small room on the same floor as the shop, through a doorway to the left.

The only part Henry did not care for was keeping up with receipts and all of the tax and rules here in Sanctum. Though so far he considered himself to be doing rather well. Or as well as anyone might from some other far off world. he chuckled at the thought and seated himself at the desk to look over the paper work sitting there. Just a few odds and ends, some things to read, some things to sign, the usual business. But this kept him rather entertained for most of the morning, and perhaps he had become so engrossed in his work that he hadn't heard the doorbell chime. Which would surely cause him disdain for not noticing his guest sooner.

He offered a soft hum as he chewed his bottom lip and continued to read over the papers. Everything seemed in order ..but he had that strange feeling he was forgetting something. What was he missing? he re-read and then tilted his head back in thought. Not that it was too important, but he liked to keep a steady record of things. Surely, it would come back to him later.

He heard the creek of a floorboard and blinking looked up staring off into space for a moment. Was someone here? He stood up, fixing his robes, his hood was never worn inside his shop where work was concerned. He felt the weight of his arm-guard as he stepped toward the doorway of his office.

Surely enough there someone stood in the shop, Henry had somehow turned out the bell. Dark eyes scanning the customer Henry flatted his lips into a smooth smile as he stepped through the doorway.

“Hello there, Welcome to Green's curiosities! I apologize for not noticing you sooner, I was a bit preoccupied with my book keeping.” he chuckled giving his head a mild shake. A warm and friendly greeting. “Find anything of interest my friend?

Open
Sorry this isn't a great post but heeey

--------------------
user posted image
*Thank you Silence for the signature!*
Human
Sixteen
Student | Libra
Animus
13 posts
PyroKittyMew
Pacific / Offline
Ruby Rose
It's also a customizable high impact sniper rifle. -- It's also a gun.
Oct 11 2017, 10:38 PM
PMQuote
Sixteen
Female
Human
Student/Libra
PyroKittyMew
I know you didn't plan this. You tried to do what's right. But in the middle of this madness, I'm the one you left to win this fight. Red like roses fills my head with dreams and finds me always closer to the emptiness and sadness that has come to take the place of you.
It was a pretty nice day. The heat was starting to slowly die down it seemed. That must mean that fall was coming around. At least that's what she assumed. The seasons could very well be different here. After all, it was day a lot longer here than back at home for sure. Though a few people told her that wasn't normal. She still couldn't know for sure as she hadn't been here long enough to know just how abnormal it was. But today seemed to be a good day and she was more focused on that than Avalon's apparent strange weather patterns.

Crescent Rose sat comfortably on her lower back. The weapon's weight wasn't even noticeable to her. Her red cloak rested around her shoulders, shifting slightly with every step. Ruby didn't really have a set destination. She was just wandering around and enjoying the day. Something was bound to happen and if not, she was at least familiarizing herself with the city. That couldn’t hurt at all. In fact, it was better if she learned the layout of the city so she wouldn’t get lost.

Walking at an easy pace, Ruby found herself in what people called the Solum district. The train station was supposed to be the main center of attention here, right? Of course she had no reason to go on it though. That was about when a shop caught her eye. There were some interesting things to be seen in the window. Oh! Was that a weapon? It looked so old. Ruby could feel her excitement bubble up as she looked through the window. A closer look wouldn’t hurt, right?

The girl pushed open the door and immediately got distracted by the different sites. Everything looked so… so… cool! She immediately went up to a series of what looked like old pins. They appeared to be part of a set and had unique shapes and colors. Were they from this world or another? Then a statue caught her eye, looking over the creepy looking gargoyle but being careful not to touch it and break it. What kind of shop was this? There were so many different looking things and there didn’t really seem to be more than one of a lot of items. Was it like a pawn shop?

A voice broke her thoughts over a painting and her silver eyes turned to the source. It was a man much older than her, likely the owner or at least the one working it at the moment. ”Oh! Uh, it’s okay. I was just looking, sorry.” Ruby answered a little nervously. She hadn’t intended to buy anything, not that she really had money to do so anyway. But it wasn’t fair to him to think she was going to and then didn’t. ”Oh! Right!” The whole point of why she came in here was to get a closer look at that…. Whatever it was! Where was that at? Silver eyes glanced around, trying to focus on the weapon she had seen.

It didn’t take long till she found the weapon. It looked like a sword but it was really curved on the end. Almost like a ‘J’. But it was really simple too. Kind of like Jaune’s sword. Not that there was anything wrong with that. Sometimes it was the really simple things that were really interesting. ”Is this a sword?” Ruby asked looking back at the male but not touching it. She didn’t want to make him mad. Some people didn’t like you touching things you weren’t going to buy.

Ruby Rose
Ty Sophia & Sara @ Shine!

--------------------
user posted image
Human
Twenty-Four
CurioShop Owner
Iter
105 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Henry Green
Oct 12 2017, 01:37 PM
PMQuote

Another Day's Work

A young woman with dark hair and silver eyes. A being who likely was not from a world like his own, but such a thing never bothered him, only interested him further. New people from all sorts of places, Henry likely found himself accidentally speaking with them too much and perhaps in some cases keeping them too long. How often had he apologized for letting the scholar side of him slip through the cracks.

Blinking once or twice Henry's smile only grew little as he gave his head a small shake “Nothing to apologize for, the sign was turned to open, so please enjoy yourself.” he did not mind, all sorts of people adventuring into his shop. Often just wide-eyed and curious as to what sorts of things Avalon might gather. Henry moved toward the main counter and began to clear and settle some things away. He should be paying more attention, after all many people were not as kind when it came to believing the store might have been abandoned for a short time.

Unfortunately he had run into these sorts of problems before.

Dark eyes rising from his work to rest on Ruby again the man moved from beyond the counter and walked over to join her lifting his gaze toward the weapon. Ah yes. He nodded. “Indeed, a scimitar of...well there are several types really without some form of stamp I could not say of which variety this one is. It has been well used for sure, though hardly fit to be any more.” he managed smile before shaking his head and gently reaching his hands to remove it from its resting place and lower it in his hands looking it over carefully. Gently scraping his thumb along the edge, yes, quite dull indeed. Henry gently offered it to her with a small nod of his head. “If you wish to take a closer look, I do not mind.” [i]As long as she was careful of the shelves.

“Some people collect them, though they may not have much of a use anymore.” he chuckles softly and folds his hands behind him as he watches her with the blade, allowing her to handle it as she likes, and return it to its resting space when shes finished. “My shop has all sorts of curios, though when something familiar rolls through it is almost a relief to be had. Most of this stuff's worth is left to guess or what research I can acquire through my books.” he dips his head.

His eyes then wander gently over his shelves and there is a look of content to his features.

Ruby Rose
Aaaaa this was short I'm so sorry!

--------------------
user posted image
Human
Sixteen
Student | Libra
Animus
13 posts
PyroKittyMew
Pacific / Offline
Ruby Rose
It's also a customizable high impact sniper rifle. -- It's also a gun.
Oct 15 2017, 10:26 PM
PMQuote
Sixteen
Female
Human
Student/Libra
PyroKittyMew
I know you didn't plan this. You tried to do what's right. But in the middle of this madness, I'm the one you left to win this fight. Red like roses fills my head with dreams and finds me always closer to the emptiness and sadness that has come to take the place of you.
Lucky for her, the man attending the shop didn't seem angry at the fact she was just looking. That was good and gave her a little ease on the situation and she felt less guilty about coming in just to look. Still, she would be careful to not knock anything down or break something on accident. No one wanted something broken in their store, especially when they wanted to sell it. Some people didn't like you handling the merchandise for the same reason so she would keep her hands to herself as well.

Finally finding the object she originally came in to see, Ruby leaned closer to look at it but made sure not to touch it or get too close that something might fall before asking what it was. The man came over and looked at the bladed weapon before smiling and picking it up. Scimitar. It sounded really cool. So there were different forms of it and he wasn't sure what form this one was but that was okay because he at least had a word for it. ”It's so simple but so odd looking." The girl noted as she watched him turn it around in his hands before offering it to her to look at.

Her eyes couldn't have lit up more if she wanted them too. Trying to contain her excitement, she accepted it into her hands and looked over the weapon. A thumb tested the sharpness and it was as dull as a butter knife leaving her to wonder how sharp it was in its youth. People collecting weapons wasn't uncommon to her. Usually when a weapon wasn't in shape to be used anymore, it was set up as a type of display. Kind of like a reminder. Of course, she couldn't think of her own being like that but maybe someday someone would. At least it wouldn't be forgotten?

”No, I don't think it could cut anything now. Maybe if you gave it to a blacksmith to fix." Ruby commented as she placed it carefully back in its place and turned to look at the man once more. ”Ah, it must be really cool to see all the things that come through here. I mean, all this stuff is so.... different and cool and old and ah.... I should stop talking now." She was babbling again. Oops.... A hand rubbed the back of her neck as she realized it and promised to stop. No sense annoying him now.

Silver eyes turned to the other shelves. That one seemed to have some kind of clay dog with gems on it while that one seemed to have a painting of a.... horse maybe? Why did it have 5 legs? ”You must know a lot with all the stuff in here. She complimented as her attention turned to another set of shelves. There was so many things in here. How did you know how much something was worth, especially when it wasn't something you were familiar with in your own world. Did people get mad sometimes when things were 'overpriced' to them? ”Oh! Uh, my name is Ruby. Ruby Rose." The student answered as she remembered her manners. Always have to remember that....

Ruby Rose
Ty Sophia & Sara @ Shine!

--------------------
user posted image
Human
Twenty-Four
CurioShop Owner
Iter
105 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Henry Green
Today at 01:42 pm
PMQuote

Another Day's Work

Henry smiled chucking softly and giving his head a nod. ”This is true, though it still may be best for this person to replace their weaponry completely unless this was of some form of importance to them.” which was almost sad if it was sitting here in his shop and not the hands of its owner. But more than likely it was just a soldier's common blade and nothing more. More likely given that it was rather ordinary and not stamped from what he could see.

He blinked at her when she began speaking only to cut herself off. He shook his head. “Not at all, you're not wrong, I do enjoy it and I am glad to see that others do as well.” in a way she reminded him of himself, easily getting worked up and expressing such joy but often speaking more than he probably should. It was honestly somewhat nice to see someone just as excited.

He turned toward the shelves as well, eyes admiring the both strange and usual objects littered upon it. So many of these things he wished to know more about often not until someone with a story strolled in through the door. Of course if they did not want the object and told him its story and of a more reasonable price he was willing to listen. As opposed to those, which had tried before, to reason that something was one thing and not another and not worth it. He was very careful when dealing with these people. Some of them could be honest, unfortunately most of them were not.

Ruby Rose. He smiled smoothly and gently offered his hand for a firm but gentle shake. “It is a pleasure Miss Rose, I am Henry Green.” after a moment he stepped away a deep breath filling his lungs. “Stay as long as you like help yourself, I don't mind a little window-shopping, nor is the company unwelcome.” his shot wasn't made entirely for selling objects or the secret assassin's den.

“Have you been living in Sanctum long, miss Rose?” he asked while gently moving one thing to set another back up. He felt like asking about Sanctum was a little less forward and reminding than being lost in Avalon. At least he hoped so. ”It is quite the busy place it seems there is hardly any want for something to do if you simply walk down the street.”

Ruby Rose
Today is the day of crap posts!

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings RAINBOW CONNECTION FABLE realm of the seven

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland