Skeleton
Decades Old
Police Officer
Vitreus
27 posts
Snowbunny
GMT-5 / Offline
Sans
on days like these, kids like you... should be burning in hell.
Aug 29 2017, 01:34 AM
PMQuote

Come On Now, Kid,
You And Me, Together
----------------------------------
Come and let's see,
which of us is better
it was hot. well, the whole summer had been unreasonably hot. maybe that was just the norm for this place. whatever. he'd say it didn't matter, but the heat must've been making people crazy. felt like his job never stopped. always somewhere to patrol or some lead to check on or some place to lock down. eh, whatever. at least the police station was nice and cool. he strolled out of the back of the station, adjusting his hat. a folder was immediately shoved into his hands. no words beyond that... huh. guess he had a job.

he popped the folder open and tilted his head. hmm... reports of a string of robberies... few common threads tying them together... sans turned to the officer who handed it to him, but the guy spoke up before sans was able to say anything. "you've been assigned to the case with rocket. chief wants results." aaaand there the officer went. geez. he preferred the personal touch of the royal guard back home. everything was so cut and dry here... ah well. sans shrugged gently and tucked the folder under his arm. the raccoon had to be around here somewhere. he wandered around till he caught sight of a certain fluffy tail over by the water cooler. "hope you're not bone tired, rocket. you've just been assigned a case with yours truly. promise not to be a numbskull." he winked.

sans hadn't spoken too much with rocket, but enough to know that he got along okay with the guy. while others might've had some inhibitions about rocket, sans felt pretty at home with someone like him. monsters from the underground were all shapes and sizes. plenty of animal-like ones. the skeleton knew rocket wasn't like that, but it made sans pretty chill. even if he knew humans weren't technically bad, sometimes he became all too acutely aware of how fragile he was compared to them.

eh, maybe they should stop somewhere for a bite. he was gonna bum himself out with thoughts like that.

Rocket Raccoon | 340 WORDS | buddy cops!
Enhanced Raccoon
Mentally 25
Police Officer
Perditio
85 posts
Tiara
CST / Online
Rocket Raccoon
If you're different, and I'm different, I'll take different over normal any day.
Aug 30 2017, 11:27 AM
PMQuote
There was constantly something going on, it seemed. The police station was constantly buzzing with activity, which at least kept Rocket's mind active, which was what he needed. If he was left alone to stew too much it let his mind waft to less than pleasant thoughts most of the time, and he hated that. But luckily he wasn't left to it, and he always had something to do, which was great.

Not that all of it was his style. The more boring jobs he didn't hide his distaste for, because literally everyone else knew it. It was like a bratty kid being told to clean his room, you weren't ever going to expect him to take the job with any degree of happiness - or even for him to do it right away. But it'd probably get done either way. And he did his job. Mostly. Unless there was someone he really cared about. Then he was looking the other way immediately.

In other words, there were a few 'criminals' that weren't getting his attention, but they weren't anyone that he wouldn't vouch for. Not that anyone had noticed anyway, thank God. Though he always had to admit that yeah, even if this was all part of his intended programming, even if he was supposed to be lawful, and good, and all such, he did find it a bit odd. Not that he hadn't gotten the expected beyond amused reaction from his best friend for the sheer thought of it - and he didn't blame him in the least.

But at least it was something. It kept the bills paid, it kept everything okay for him (and Sarah, too, now, he supposed, though she'd gotten a job to help out which was also nice), and he was going to build up a reputation as a 'good guy' so eventually there'd be no need for rules and structure and all that because the Guardians of the Galaxy would be a thing again. Just....on Terra. Which was also weird, but it was something he was looking forward to.

Still, he had to focus on the here and now. Which meant his current jobs. However much he didn't want to file a report and bluh dee flarking bluh he was putting it off and standing by the water cooler and if anyone bugged him he was totally on break and no one should ask. Though the voice that approached him was mildly familiar, and caught his attention, as did the bad puns.

Oh. Right. That was....Sans? Sans. They hadn't spoken much, but from what little they had spoken Rocket had a feeling they could get along pretty well. They at least had a bit of a mutual understanding as 'oh, yes, the strange skeleton and the raccoon that are around here'. When you look different, you tend to glide naturally to the other people who are different. So he could actually see them being some degree of 'friends', unlike him with most of his coworkers, bleh, all goody two-shoes, narcs, the lot. Not that they liked him, either - but that was whatever. Most were humies, anyway, which meant they ain't ever seen anything like him before so...well. That was almost to be expected.

But anywho. Sans was telling him that he was assigned to a case with him....which was fine. And--oh, jeez, those were awful puns, that was apparently a thing. It was almost mandatory amongst Rocket's peer group, it seemed, to have a really ridiculous sense of humor, he had to note. A half-grin formed on his face, despite every attempt to hide it. Groot would probably be giggling. D'ast, he missed Groot--let's not get into that right now.

"...Those were bad. Jeez. So. What've we been assigned to, then? Something interestin', I hope?"

The shadows high on the darker side Behind the doors, it's a wilder ride Sans (Note: Let's just all be glad that Groot doesn't have the capability to make puns in English, because he probably has done a few in his language. Rocket has grown resistant. Kind of.)
The heat is on
Skeleton
Decades Old
Police Officer
Vitreus
27 posts
Snowbunny
GMT-5 / Offline
Sans
on days like these, kids like you... should be burning in hell.
Sep 24 2017, 09:17 PM
PMQuote

Come On Now, Kid,
You And Me, Together
Come and let's see,
which of us is better
sans lived for the reactions to his puns. whether they were pleasant smiles, laughs, or groans of despair and agony, it all tickled sans in some way. puns were just great for reactions. but, puns weren't his day job. he couldn't imagine actually making a career off of them. though it was probably possible, he knew that it'd end up ruining his love of puns. the best part of puns was pulling them out when nobody expected. comedic timing was everything.

in response to the case, sans waved the folder at rocket. all the details were in there. he handed it off to his partner in fighting crime. he'd let rocket look over it if he wanted. "string of robberies all on the same street. must be big enough for detective work if they had to hand the case off. but, you know how crazy it's been around here with the heat. not enough detectives to go around. that make us honorary detectives?"

he may have been a lazy skeleton, but he knew how to do this kind of thing. before everything, he'd had the drive. he'd had that eye for detail. he'd had the curiosity. maybe he'd just take his time this time around. "but, since we're not real detectives, i think i wanna grab a burg first before we head on over. we got some time to kill and i know a pretty good shortcut." they'd be in and out before anyone realized. sans was a master at slacking off.

Rocket Raccoon | 252 WORDS | buddy cops!
Enhanced Raccoon
Mentally 25
Police Officer
Perditio
85 posts
Tiara
CST / Online
Rocket Raccoon
If you're different, and I'm different, I'll take different over normal any day.
Sep 30 2017, 02:40 AM
PMQuote
Rocket pawed through the folder, letting out a small 'hm' as he looked it over. Right. String of robberies, made sense- this was detective work, but yeah, okay, they were short-staffed at the moment so it all made sense that some cases would just inch their way back to them. At least this had a bit of an interesting buzz to it. "Inspector Rocket Raccoon. Weird. Can't say its somethin' I ever expected to do, but hey. I'm down for being an honorary detective." He closed the folder, the thought of and maybe this one'll get an interesting fight barely drifting across his mind.

But it wasn't likely to be a master criminal or anything that'd be too much of a challenge. He had the senses for this - there were times when an enhanced sense of touch, smell, and sight came in handy and investigation was one of them. This'd be open and shut in no time, so long as his partner was able to pull his weight as well. But he had faith in him, that was all you could have in a fellow outsider faith that some others lacked.

Apart from the fact that the first thing he was suggesting doing was ignoring the case entirely and going to get burgers. Rocket almost snorted, a smirk forming on his face. "Honorary detectives get to take a bit of time beforehand. Hey, if you think we can get away with it...." He was never one for exactly following orders to the letter anyway. Slacking off? Probably fine. Unless luck ended up biting them in the ass and whoops, oh no, you just missed him. But they probably wouldn't have that bad kind of luck Probably. Hopefully.

"Alright, fellow inspector, lead me to this shortcut of yours, we'll get lunch and then we'll solve this easy."

The shadows high on the darker side Behind the doors, it's a wilder ride Sans (Note: Two high-quality cops, best the force has to offer.)
The heat is on

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings RAINBOW CONNECTION FABLE realm of the seven

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland