Welcome to Avalon! It is surely the first thing you and your character will hear. We are a canon Panfandom RP. We are an open sandbox set in a modern-fantasy like setting. We allow members to be very plot driven and follow along with events and main plot changes to their own level of comfort. Possibilities are almost endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. Many characters have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world while others embrace it.
Avalon
FORECAST: 24 hours of nighttime and cold every day.
set in Winter, 2017

Add Reply
New Poll

A drink with a king of diamonds, {Edward Kenway}
Tenebris
Race: Human
Job: Gambler / Thief
Series: League of Legends
OOC: Dust - Central - Offline

A drink with a king of diamonds ...
Yet another small tavern often filled with some of Avalon's less than pleasant patrons. He really shouldn't be wasting his time playing with these sorry excuses for gamblers, let alone breathing the same air. Still, it was an easy cash grab and considering his fortune had been left in Runeterra (for the most part), every little bit helped. Alright, fine so a little extra was nice. This wasn't a complete loss, considering he had gained some information here and there as well as learned to read all kinds of new people.

In the end, everyone reacted the same way to losing to him.

“Watch and learn, gents.” a deep tone hummed with the sound of flitting cards being shuffled from one hand into the other. He kept his fancy tricks to a minimum around these guy, no need to go setting them off prematurely, their little game had just begun. The room around them wasn't too fancy but nothing compared to some of the trashy joints he'd played in, room for all kinds of fun activities. The sweaty sailors could be a bit much from time to time.

If Twisted Fate continued to play his cards right (and of course he will), he'll earn himself a reputation quickly, which means all forms of folks will be challenging him. And losing. At least this worked out until he got his other reputation out there. He chuckles deeply at the thought as the cards are passed around. He refuses to touch the drink placed near him, its smell is already enough to make him feel sick to his stomach, he needs a real drink. 'They got anything in here that don't taste like turpentine?' he quietly thought to himself. Likely so, but the man at the table had been the one to order the drinks, and he'd gotten the cheapest 'watered down whatever it was' on the menu. Another sign this man didn't have too much money to gamble away, or he was just that cheap. Twisted Fate slowly examines his cards in hand. Hmm. Not bad.

He looks up to absorb the other men's faces. Watching their initial reactions, and falsified looks of satisfaction or scorn. He reads them as if they are an open book placed before him and hovering inches beyond his nose. 'This batch of folks, just as bad as the last...got no luck, got no chance.' he chuckles smoothly and toys with them before innocently turning his hand over.

This continues for a little while, the game seems to be back and forth, but there is no doubt Twisted Fate has every man here on a string. Dangling a little false hope in order to snatch it away. He pretends to be sympathetic and could perhaps even fool himself with his own act of 'kindness' letting them win a round to boost an ego or two. It would make his win ever more swift and tastefully more cruel. “Ah, looks like this round goes t'me, boys.” he acts as if surprised and tosses his cards down before returning his hand to his chin and stroking his beard.

A few more minutes pass and T.F is rising from his seat while chuckling smoothly. “Better luck next time.” he smiled giving his hat a small tilt forward. They were groaning, but most were not particularly salty about their loses, of course we weren't talking big bucks, but it added up. One of them on the other hand was drunk enough to get pretty upset about it.

"Cheater!" There it was, big surprise, another sore loser.

“Simmer down hotshot.” he leaned back as the man tried to grab his shirt and ended up knocking a glass off the table. “Ya can't blame me for yer rotten luck, sorry friend, don' need ta cheat to--” Twisted Fate ducked to avoid a fist flying his direction. Instinctively he swiped a card off the table as the man swung at him again, Twisted Fates stuck the card halfway into his arm as if it had been made out of anything other than paper, but the card was unchanged. “Good idea to keep yer hands to yourself....” Of course by now...the guy backed off. While the dunk man was trying to figure out exactly what or how the card was stuck in his arm, the cardsharp slipped onto a stool at the bar.

Time to order a real drink.

Edward Kenway
XOXO

--------------------
user posted image
*Thank you Silence for the signature!!!*
Perditio
Job: Assassin
Series: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
OOC: PyroKittyMew - Pacific - Offline

Twenty-Nine
Male
Human
Assassin
PyroKittyMew
No sleep. No sleep until I am done with finding the answer. Won't stop. Won't stop before I find a cure for this cancer.... I've been watching. I've been waiting, in the shadows for my time. I've been searching. I've been living, for tomorrows all my life....Lately, I been walking, walking in circles, watching, waiting for something.
Why had the bar become a place of comfort for him? Perhaps it started back then when he was just a teenager looking for fun and often trouble. He often found himself in such scenery whether he felt down or in good spirits. It was strange how that worked out. Which was it tonight? He wasn't sure. Edward found himself in the comfort of the Crow's Nest. It was becoming a common place to find him as it was close to the harbor and the sense of being home in Ravenwood. Sure, Sanctum as nice and all but it was just so... well.... confining in a way. How the other Assassin's spent so much time in the large city was beyond him. Maybe it was just the way people live. Regardless the reason, it wasn't a bad idea to have someone out in Ravenwood in case something of interest happened. Edward was perfectly happy being that someone.

The ex-pirate was sitting at the bar. His hood rested down around his shoulders as a hand wrapped around the handle of a mug that was soon presented to him. Another normal day it would seem. The mug was brought to his lips as he downed a good amount of it. Yep. Another day. Oh? Seemed there was a game of gambling going on tonight. Edward turned on the stool and watched the table. A card game it would look to be. Perhaps if he was better at cards, he would consider giving it a go. For now, he would just watch.

It didn’t take too long before he noticed one of the patrons playing. So he didn’t always get his cash by stealing then, at least not stealing objects in any case. The way he was playing was good. The man had to admit. It seemed Twisted Fate was a bit of a cardshark to say the least. Of course, any time drunken men gambled it was only a matter of time before someone became a sore loser. Seemed his friend was calling his winnings when that sore loser started his tantrum. Should he help him out? Eh, maybe if it got worse. It might be entertaining to watch.

However, Twisted Fate seemed to end it as quickly as it started with a card in the other man’s arm. Edward blinked not really sure what had happened himself. The cards he knew of from their trip through that mafia’s headquarters could have easily not been really cards. In fact, he didn’t think they really were just ordinary cards. There was something with them for sure even if he didn’t have a clue as to what. But that one… It had to have been a completely normal playing card as it was one of the others decks. Wasn’t it? Man didn’t cease to surprise him…

As it was, the older started towards the bar. Edward smirked to himself and turned back to the bar he had been resting against as he watched the card matches and took another good drink of his mug. Sure enough, he was soon joined though if he knew he was there was another story. ”Didn’t tell me ya were good at cards, Mate.” The Assassin spoke up as he sipped his drink again. However he didn’t look at him when he spoke.”Any tips?” He asked but was joking with a smirk to his lips as he finally turned to see him. Those eyes… still so strange.

Edward Kenway
Ty Sophia & Sara @ Shine!

--------------------
user posted image
Tenebris

Another reason he had chosen to drink less while his hands and eyes were active, he needed his mind to follow along just as flawlessly. Thankfully his fellow card-players were too cheap to pay for anything good much less strong, which was a lapse of good judgment on their part. There had been times he had tricked others into getting good and tipsy just to more easily persuade their views, though this also made it somewhat more difficult to read men as well when they were a behaving a bit unusual for whatever was their normal pathetic state.

None the less the cardsharp was raking in the Aer and – wrist watch? - well too late to back down now maybe it was worth something. With a smile the man left the table after shuffling his winnings into his pockets while not trying to appear too greedy. Maybe he had let his guard down to not realize just who he was sitting mere spaces away from. Or maybe it was more likely that Twisted Fate's mental barriers were better for detecting danger, despite viewing anyone as a possible threat, they had never let him down before.

Exchanging some of his recently gained Aer for a better drink he had lifted it for a swallow when a voice reached his ears. Unique accent and a sort of faint roughness he couldn't have so easily forgotten. Maybe because he sounded so unique or maybe it was more simple; the card master did not easily forget those who either lent him a hand or provided a worthy enough partner in crime. Edward Kenway; he wasn't any Malcom Graves but there were a few aspects of the man that reminded him a bit of his lost partner. Another drink, for Malcolm, before Fate set his glass down and finally turned his eyes toward Edward, the suave smile never slipping from his features.

“Should I have? Figured most fill in the blanks 'emselves. Sometimes I enjoy them in the games of more common use.” he explained casually as he gave his glass a small swirl and then took another drink or two. Placing the glass back down his hand never strayed far from it it not often rest his fingertips just across the rim.

“Been playin em long as I can remember, takes some skill, patience, and of course helps if ya got Lady Luck's love on yer side.” Naturally he wasn't about to mention that keen eyesight, a slight of hand, and counting cards came in handy at least not out loud with so many already moody patrons still wandering about potentially within ear-shot. “Play sometime and I'll teach ya all the tricks and tips.” he winked once before lifting his glass again. Twisted Fate stood and moved a stool or two closer, though still leaving one between them.

“Didn' expect to run into you so soon, seein as yer here ya either doin' pretty well, or not at all. How ya been hot shot? Been enjoyin' some that treasure of yours?”

Edward Kenway
XOXO

--------------------
user posted image
Perditio

Twenty-Nine
Male
Human
Assassin
PyroKittyMew
No sleep. No sleep until I am done with finding the answer. Won't stop. Won't stop before I find a cure for this cancer.... I've been watching. I've been waiting, in the shadows for my time. I've been searching. I've been living, for tomorrows all my life....Lately, I been walking, walking in circles, watching, waiting for something.
Edward smirked a bit at being told the other thought it was obvious. ”Ya seemed to use them for a different purpose ta me, Mate." He answered simply. Thought meant nothing ill by it. More like he wasn't sure Twisted Fate could use cards for their actual purpose. Well his cards sure didn't act much like regular cards, not that he had seen anyway.

Still it was mostly just teasing with a little bit of actual curiosity. Judging by the way the games had gone, Edward wasn't so convinced it was just mere luck and knowing how to play. People like that didn't keep getting so lucky. There had to be some other skills at play as well. But he also didn't feel that he needed to point that out. Fate was surely aware of what he was doing and the risk in it. Though it had seemed to go in his favor and he seemed to know when to quit when he was ahead. That was a good skill to have. Many times cardsharks got too greedy and ended up with a lot of trouble on their hands. "Aye. Lady Luck. A good asset indeed to have." He commented as if to hint that the other male was on to him.

Edward smirked again when told to play some time and he would gladly show him some tricks. "That so? Are ya gonna go easy on me if I ask ya nicely, Mate?" The ex-pirate asked playfully. While he wasn't new to gambling card games or rather gambling games in general. He also wouldn't say he was a pro at it. Sure he got winnings but there were times he lost winnings as well. Maybe he could learn a thing or two if the other was truly willing to lend some tricks.

The drink was raised as he took a few gulps down, letting the taste slightly burn his throat as it went down. Blue eyes looked to the other patrons a moment as he listened. "Aye. Got a hold of my ship. Ya outta come see 'er some time." The blonde nodded as he waved a hand to a few men that were playing a game of pool to the side. "Decided to unwind with some of the crew a bit."Not that they were really up to anything lately, but it was nice to get his sea legs back. Finding the Assassins here was also something that was a bit of an odd relief. Though it wasn't like the one he knew. Still it kept him busy enough.

The assassin finished his glass and turned back to Twisted Fate as he set the glass back down. "How 'bout you? Besides gettin' on 'Lady Luck's' good side.~" Edward commented as he raised a brow with a little bit of a a devious look. The meeting did come as a bit of a surprise as they hadn't really left with the thought of meeting again. At least so soon.

Edward Kenway

--------------------
user posted image
Tenebris

A faint chortle rolls past his lips which tug into a small smile. “Fair 'nough, the card-playin came first. Use what yer gifted with to your advantage they say.” he casually and gently waves a hand. Simple as that, though maybe its in his blood, the River-folk traded and played games with the travelers, maybe it was to be expected of him too. Suffice to say he was never quite like the rest. Though Edward hardly seemed like most of the Pirates he had met either; too clean, not foul-mouthed, or just right out dirty enough. He didn't come in here shouting and demanding but almost gentlemanly.

It was an amusing change. Maybe neither of them are quite like they are 'meant' to be.

“Mhmm, T'lady luck then.” he motioned again with his glass and a small raise of his brow. They both knew but what did it matter, it wasn't as if he was cheating anyone who mattered out of their hard-earned cash. If it wasn't Twisted Fate it would simply be one of these other men who would use it to drink the night away. What a shame that'd be too.

The cardsharp laughed behind his glass and lowered it from his features to look Edward over. “I'll consider it, teach you a few tricks of the trade, though there'd hardly be any need for pirating anymore.” he tipped his head slightly before adding with an amused hum. “There's always other things to gamble too my friend.” Though their 'pirating' together had simply been ordinary thievery; at least ordinary where Twisted Fate was involved. He had been shot at more times than he could count, and he was lucky when they weren't his old partner, not really the sort of attention he was usually looking for. Now he tried to imagine that at sea and it seemed to only make things more difficult.

He savored the flavor, the familiar burn, not quite as strong as some of the stuff back home. Whiskey that can serve as paint remover isn't quite as good tasting though. He isn't a heavy drinker regardless, he likes his mind intact, and able to play with a 'full deck' so to speak. His eyes wouldn't be as observant to what was happening around him or his aim as true when needed.

Brow raised Fate returned his attention to the captain and smirked gently. Come see her. “Might have to do that.” he remarked without too much though, it simply seemed like the polite thing to say at the time. “Congratulations, ya officially got yer pirate title back then, mate~” he teased, gently waving his hand and beckoning a refill of his glass. A deep grunt followed by a rolling chortle at Edward's later comment. ”Travelin around, playin my games, fraid nothing so exciting since our little escapade. But I got nothin to complain 'bout. Never gotta go too far for trouble to be brewin' though.” he grunted, tipping his hat a little as he passed a glimpse toward the men at the table who had gotten riled up and angry about their game.

Edward Kenway
XOXO

--------------------
user posted image
Perditio

Twenty-Nine
Male
Human
Assassin
PyroKittyMew
Use what you are gifted at... Those words struck him. Had he ever done something he was gifted at? What even was he gifted at, besides making a mess of things... But at least he was trying to get his life back on track? He might have been too late for Caroline but at least he had Jennifer to work for. Better late than never, he supposed. Still that feeling of guilt hit him and so he raised his glass, taking a good long gulp of the burning liquid. Some things didn't change.

Edward let those thoughts drift out of his mind. He focused on Fate and nodded about a toast to lady luck. Who knows. Maybe she will shine on him more in this world. "Aye." He cheered and took another good gulp of the mug before letting it rest on the counter, though it remained in his hands. He wasn't a big gambler when it came to card games. Sure he did from time to time when the mood struck him but he woudln't say he was good enough to 'make a living' off of it. Besides, he was more into getting treasure. It was more profitable and less likely to get you in a drunken fight.

It was then that Fate agreed to offered him some tricks. The man smirked and nodded. I'll hold ya to it then.~" Would he really start doing a life of gambling? Probably not. It would likely cause too much attention if he actually got good and Ezio likely wouldn't want one of the Assassins to be known as a card shark. Still it would be entertaining to spend a night here and there doing such a thing for a few extra coin.

He shook his head though at the comment of getting his pirate title back with the return of his ship. "Not much a pirate these days, Mate. I've moved on from that life." The male admitted. It had taken him years to figure out what to do with his life but he hoped he finally found it. One could only hope, right?

Edward downed the rest of his glass and waved a hand after the bartender had filled Fate's glass. So not much had happened to the card-shark since their last meeting. The ex-pirate couldn't say the same. He had learned of a 'lost' son from the far future. As well as finding his ship. That was an adventure in itself. "Heh. How disappointing for you then. Least ya don't have any bullets in ya.~" He somewhat teased based on how well their last encounter went. Of course neither had gotten hurt so that was always a plus.

Edward Kenway

--------------------
user posted image
Tenebris

There was a change in the man seated next to him, faint, perhaps unintentional, but it was something. Twisted Fate briefly wondered if he might have said something to be taken incorrectly. There was something in his eyes and face that changed ever so slightly or maybe it was more of a feeling than anything. Twisted Fate's glowing eyes were far too accustomed to catching small glimpses of things, reading people, there was little hope in turning it off at times. Of course Edward wasn't sitting at the other end of the table with cards in his hands or had the barrel of a gun pointed at him. He decided not to call it out or draw any attention to it.

He nodded when the other man said he would hold him to it. Sharing tricks and teaching others wasn't really up Fate's alley, not usually, but he wouldn't mind playing along besides having someone else even remotely close to his skill level would be nice. Mutual accomplishes in crime playing over some of their treasures.

Twisted Fate raised his brows and gave Edward a sort of mixed look of amusement and confusion. “Coulda fooled me fella, we both had us a good time back there, I'd say no one got hurt but least no one important did.” he winked before downing another “Maybe less pillage and pluderin? I've met pirates, they ain't half guy the nice ya seem ta be. But what do I know.” he admitted. Gangplank was generally hard to pass up in terms of what pirating actually was. ”Can't say it ain't a welcome change, nearly got myself killed the last time had t'cross paths with a pirate.” he grunted and gave his head a shake as if trying to rid himself of those images.

Maybe he would also never understand how someone could spend such an incredible amount of time on a ship; namely one out at sea for so long.

“Hah! Please like I'd let myself get caught up in any real trouble I couldn't handle. I gotta way of slippin' out when th' getting gets rough.” he placed his glass back down and tapped his thumb along the smooth cool outer surface. ”So just gonna do explorin Avalon's waters now? Fraid there isn't much excitement out there I guess, but you ever feel like hittin up some place again and you need a partner, well.” he mused at his offer and chuckled softly before taking another long drink from his glass.

Edward Kenway
XOXO

--------------------
user posted image
Perditio

Twenty-Nine
Male
Human
Assassin
PyroKittyMew
Edward let his mind wander a moment in the past. A likely mistake to allow but it was already made. He pulled himself back to reality if only to take a long drink from his mug to wash away any lingering thoughts. The past couldn't be changed. He had learned this the hard way. The only thing that could be done was to move forward. A task he had learned to also be easier said than done. Was his life ever easy though? There were plenty of times he wished it was.

The topic of card playing was an interesting one. He knew how to play and a few tricks of the trade but he wasn't so good to make a lot of money off it. Not that he really planned to learn to be a master of it but it might come in handy at some point to at least get better. Judging from what he had seen from the table a moment ago, it seemed that Fate knew his way well around a deck of cards. Who knew? Maybe they could be partners again some time as well. Nothing wrong with earning money even if it may not entirely be legal.

The man didn't blame the other for the look he gave. "Heh, well some habits don't die so easy. Nah, someone got me ta thinking... bout changing my life. Wish I could say I listened sooner but better late than never, ya? Besides I owe it to my daughter an' pirating ain't exactly a safe profession.~" Edward smirked at the end. Not that he minded danger or the fast pace life he had then, but he couldn't risk so much anymore. Not when he had a little girl to take care of who needed him.

Why was he talking about all this? Perhaps he was more out of his mind than he thought. Avalon was getting to him. The assassin waved for another refill from the bartender, letting the cool sting of the liquid coat his tongue and throat. Edward gave a chuckle at Twisted Fate's comment. They really weren't so different. Sure they had different worlds but their minds didn't seem that far off from each other. "Aye. Nothing like a little bit of danger ta get the heart pumpin' either. He nodded in agreement.

When asked if planned to wander Avalon's oceans, he wasn't sure how to answer. That was how he had spend the last decade of his life but there were other places back home. Here it seemed they only had this continent. A rather large one at that but that was all the life this world had. Wandering nothing wasn't that appealing to him. "Ah, don't know. Maybe a bit but not much out there. Heh. I will keep that in mind, Mate.~" He answered before agreeing to partnering up again. Ezio wouldn't get too mad if he did another job like before, right? It was money well spent after all.

Edward Kenway

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

a f f i l i a t e
Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP realm of the seven GODS AMONG MEN The Duality of Man  photo AffiliateButton Kaleidoscope Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Stroke of Luck ♥ Senki Academy

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies a resource community

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution