Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
173 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain
You're bruised and bleeding. I see the hurt within your eyes. I know your pain is for a reason.
Oct 5 2017, 02:17 AM
PMQuote
Thoughts like scattered feathers

The days have turned to weeks but its not over. The bandages rewind you to where you've been. These memories will remind you. When life takes you out will it bring you around. When its said and done. Will it bring you around? What will you become? You're bruised and bleeding.
He could feel eyes on him, weighing down his back while their fingers reached out and dug their nails into his flesh. Why? He struggled to tug and pull away from the faces of his supposed comrades only to pause when the familiar green-eyed face appeared before him, a wicked grin on his face, and beautiful ivory and gold bow in his hands. Purple cloak moved around the familiar figure as an arrow is drawn and slowly pulled back. Wait. Stop. he began to reach forward only to feel to tip of the arrow sink its single fang directly into his chest.

And then he wakes up.

Lurching and coughing he tumbles out of bed and lands on the floor brow drenched in sweat hands clutching his sheet like its the only life line he has. Eventually he lays his head down on the floor and curls up pulling the sheet over his head.

It wasn't the first, it wont be the last,easy to chalk up to stress but exhaustion did not help. But it isn't pain that he feels when his weapon begins to sway in battle and the opposing weapon cuts deep into his right arm. A foolish very novice mistake. What he feels instead is the ground under him when he falls. A simple wound like that is nothing but dizziness after....'Heat exhaustion, that's the second time in two months.' he hears them speak over him. He isn't quite awake but he can hear them over him. 'That monster we fought was poisonous!' he figures they're both correct. At least with a little medication its easy to keep his mind from wandering. This time they don't have to force him to stay the week.

It was somewhat disappointing not to see those familiar bright eyes and white haired figure standing in the doorway. Slaine. He was a good kid, but one with too much weight on his shoulders, maybe it was too late to save him. Sitting up in bed he stared at the bandages wrapped around his right arm and flexed his fingers. No serious damage it seemed, the pain wasn't unbearable, or maybe he had just been through worse. He loathed being confined to one quiet colorless room.

Getting out of bed he changed thanks to an overnight bag one of his men had brought him, pulling on a dark green shirt. And rubbing his hands through his hair to somewhat (but not so well) tame it. He stepped from the doorway glimpsing down the long hallways before pushing himself forward.

Schwann followed the usual path down to the cafeteria where dimly lit green eyes were almost disappointed to find the place mostly barren. He should probably eat something. But instead he seemed to find himself claiming a seat off to the side of the room leaning forward on his elbow, wounded arm lying against the smooth surface in front of him.

”If this continues....” he chewed on his bottom lip and closed his eyes. No, it was fairly normal for guards of any rank to visit the clinic or hospital, it was simply part of the job at times. In truth he doubted anyone would hold it against him. But it still bothered him to spend so much time off.

People watching... he should have brought a book to read.

Oops my hand slipped...?
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Silence~
Human
Thirty-Seven
Doctor, Surgeon
Animus
59 posts
Peri
PST / Online
Angela Ziegler
"I'll be watching over you."
Oct 12 2017, 05:50 AM
PMQuote
if you need a light i'll be there
Flesh wound on his forearm. Envenomation. Exhaustion from over-exerting himself in the heat... Schwann Oltorain, Third Captain of the Avalon Guard. A knight. Also a man who was apparently no stranger to being in the hospital if his medical history was any indication... A couple of visits here and there, but more recent lately. There were more than enough red flags, especially after she performed a thorough examination. Maybe there was more to this story, but tackle one mountain at a time, Angela. Funny how it appeared to be a simple flesh wound that had finally brought him to her. Well—that wasn't the whole story. He had traces of venom running through his system, thankfully a variety that her biotic serum had managed to flush out of him while he slept.

He needed a second dose, however, to be administered several hours after the initial treatment. Which was why she was on her way to his room, cradling her white and gold caduceus staff gently within her arms while her heels gently clacked against the sterile hospital floor. It was early evening but given the weather, the sun still bled through the wide windows as if it were morning time. So unsettling—she wasn't so sure she'd ever get used to it. Not to mention this heat; it was difficult on everyone. She could only pray that it'd let up eventually. Far too many people overestimated their ability to handle the heat, and well, they often wound up under her care because of it. Thankfully after a day or two of hospitalization, some fluid therapy, and a stern talking to, she sent them well on their way.

Perhaps Sir Oltorain needed a talking to of his own, or at least that was her initial thought when she had found his bed empty. Why do all of my patients run away on me? It was a harmless thought, if not an amusing one. And one would think she was Doctor Curtiss with how often the people she cared for got up and walked out. Literally. Even the dead ones.

It was just her luck that the knight would do the same—and she had some experience with knights. Perhaps not in the traditional sense, but knight-hearted men nonetheless. Reinhardt, the only “knight” left in a world where technology and science reigned, was probably one of her biggest repeat patients back when she was with Overwatch. She shuddered to think that anyone had as much reckless courage as he did, even in his old age. Though, her brows furrowed with gentle concern when she found Schwann's blankets strewn on the floor, some of the bedding pulled out along with it... Had he fallen out of bed?

Angela was a quiet storm of urgency when she went looking for him. Fortunately nurses had seen that look on her determined face enough times to know not to keep their mouths shut. Pointing her in the direction of the cafeteria, she wasted little time. At least he was still in the building. Thank goodness for that...

It was so lifeless in the mess hall that the sounds almost registered as muted, several figures standing out among the stark white walls. Her stern gaze softened when she found her patient sitting alone, looking almost... vacant. She was uncertain if he notice her as she approached. Her doctor's coat fluttered delicately after her, a smile finding its rightful place across her lips when she said his name gently, “Sir Oltorain...?”

Craning herself almost as if to try to get a good look into his face, she paused and propped her staff against the table in front of them, “Is everything alright?” Spoken with genuine care, she could not help but worry that perhaps he was uncomfortable. That maybe he was in pain or otherwise suffering from something she could actually hope to alleviate.

Then, realizing that perhaps he did not know who she was, she took a step back and composed herself. After all, he was unconscious when he was brought in, he shouldn't know her by name. “Forgive me. I had went to check in on you and saw you left your room. I'm Doctor Ziegler, and well, I guess you could say I'm watching over you.”

Schwann... :C Why you do her a concern?

--------------------
user posted image
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
173 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain
You're bruised and bleeding. I see the hurt within your eyes. I know your pain is for a reason.
Oct 13 2017, 03:10 PM
PMQuote

The days have turned to weeks but its not over. The bandages rewind you to where you've been. These memories will remind you. When life takes you out will it bring you around. When its said and done. Will it bring you around? What will you become? You're bruised and bleeding.
Guilt... so much of it tries to shred his flesh apart and yet he tries to convince himself he has done nothing wrong. He knows he shouldn't.

But finally he'd slept, and it had only taken what, some poisonous creature and heat exhaustion of some kind? Pathetic. He'd suffered so many monster wounds and poisons before a simple spell should be enough to cure it all. His own healing abilities were better used on other people. At least he told himself they worked better when used that way. It was just a scratch, nothing to worry about, he would be dismissed soon and carry on. Yet the change in scenery seemed to have helped. Maybe he would take a small vacation, or choose a room ad the guard's barracks to stay for a while.

When he had wandered from his room there were two things on his mind, simply moving, while another part of him hoped he might have caught sight of Slaine around the next corner. It was just a scratch, surely he did not need permission to walk around as long as he did not leave the hospital? Schwann wasn't a doctor so perhaps he shouldn't have been making such a seemingly innocent judgment. Even if it was just the cafeteria it was a somewhat pleasant change.

Sir Oltorain. Another arrow...? It had felt like it almost, sinking into his back slowly as if someone was standing there holding it. His brows knit together his lips pressed smoothly into a line as if to keep from frowning. But it wasn't....who's voice was that..? Probably an irritated nurse come to track him down and drag him back to his room.

He gently tipped his head in her direction. ”I apologize, I thought I might just take a small walk and get something to dr-” he froze staring a moment. She was- He barely kept his face from expressing any surprise as he dipped his eyes away from her as she spoke. Dr. Ziegler. He nodded slowly rubbing a hand over the back of his head as his face heated up slowly. “S-sorry I ….did not mean t-to concern you.” he swallowed. Idiot! He could almost hear his heart pounding in his ears. And why did she have to look at him like that? He was alright upsetting ...well pretty much anyone else with the exception of Slaine...but now she'd spoken with care and concern. It hurt.

Shy, Schwann was always a little more timid at times, he tried to gather himself and regaining control of himself be breathed out slowly, carefully, through his nose. ”So I have you to thank now that I feel better, Doctor Ziegler.” he dipped his head.

Oops my hand slipped...?

--------------------
user posted image
Human
Thirty-Seven
Doctor, Surgeon
Animus
59 posts
Peri
PST / Online
Angela Ziegler
"I'll be watching over you."
Oct 18 2017, 07:27 AM
PMQuote
On

if you need a light i'll be there
Her eyes softened for that short instant where their gazes met, a gloomy green melding with hopeful and strong sapphire. Some people often said that the the eyes were the window to the soul, but before she could even hope to try to reach out to him he was lowering his head away from her. As if meeting her half-way was painful in and of itself, which earned even more unspoken concern on her part. Was it her that was making him so uncomfortable? Her very presence weighing things down and making this whole experience that much more difficult. Time and time again she tried to be understanding, to remind herself that not everyone took well to medical aid. Although she tried not to show her sadness, faint wrinkles touched her forehead as she heard his sudden apology.

“I don't think it's any fault of yours. I worry for everyone,” her voice dipped into a gentle tone, as if trying to soothe him with the sound of her voice alone. There was no denying her words; the sentiment trickling out of every pore and piece of her in a warmth that radiated within her bleeding heart. No wound or illness was too insignificant in her book and no one went overlooked. “You're fine, truly, Sir Oltorain. I would be more than happy to get you something though if you are hungry or thirsty,” it was the least she could do is offer. Typically a doctor would rather use their time in other ways, play their part in treatment and have the nurses pick up the slack. But Angela was anything but the typical physician. Her time was fleeting and important, but when she was with a patient she did her best never to feel or appear rushed. Compassion and the perception of her patients meant everything to her, and if that meant she shaved away several more seconds of her own life then so be it.

“It truly warms my heart to hear you're feeling better. Though I actually still have one more treatment to give you... You had a poison in your system, you see,” retrieving her caduceus staff, she moved slowly until she was sitting directly next to him on the cafeteria bench. “It's not overtly serious and you should be back on the Guard in a day or two,” she smiled softly, motioning politely for him to show her his arm, “But...”

There was an ominous pause in that simple word—but. Very rarely anything good ever followed, and so it hung there heavily in the air, like a person holding out for dear life. What had she meant to say? Or rather... what did she know?

If he let her, she would scoot closer and cradle his arm until it was resting gently in her lap. Then, slowly, she got to work unwrapping the bandage dressings with dexterous and knowing hands. Almost as if she had wrapped them herself.

“You would do well to stay here and rest,” she murmured quietly, as if they were the only two people in the room. It was not a way of scolding him, instead a heartfelt suggestion. A kind but borderline selfish request that was hidden and burrowed down beneath her professional exterior. “Or at the very least... please try to take it slow for a little while."

This is bleh sorry ;; 5 am post woo!

--------------------
user posted image
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
173 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain
Oct 18 2017, 03:45 PM
PMQuote

I worry for everyone. He felt his face heat up a little again as he tried to keep his eyes remained focused on some kind of invisible distraction ahead of him. He hated the thought of worrying her, or anyone else for that matter, no one should have to do so.No one should get bothered over him. Not someone so kind, not when they did not know him, not know what he had done. “You....really should not. I am alright after all, thanks to you.” he finally managed to drag his eyes back toward her and manage the faintest of smiles.

He shook his head. “Its alright, I will get something in a moment, it will do me some good to move around.” he admitted, but dipped his head in thanks. Same soft voice, he hoped she'd never change, even if he wished it wasn't aimed at him.

One more treatment. He blinked once or twice before looking down at his bandaged arm and then offered it seeing no reason not to when she seemed to ask. ”I see....sorry to be so much trouble. I -” he tried desperately to remain focused, calm, and not tempted to scoot away anxiously and find something to pull up over his head...

He focused on his arm, and her hands, it helped some, though hardly. Shy, quiet, and awkward Schwann. When had that become a thing? he was patient and slowly relaxed a little more as she worked. But...? he glimpsed back up at her focused eyes and then looked back down feeling that swelling of guilt in his chest again. Ah...that. He lowers his head and peers away from her with a small breath escaping his lips almost in the form of a sigh. His brows arch together as he manages a small nod.

“While...unintentional it is to do with the heat I am sure.... I am not your first case of heat exhaustion.” he could admit it, though part of him questioned if that was all there was to it, or if that case was really just as simple for him as everyone else. ”Of course, I do not think I could turn down such...a kind doctor's orders either.” he breathed out slowly before raising his head again and looking back to his arm. One more scar to do with the rest, more monster-made than man it seemed. ”Though it is a kn- guard's duty to work as soon as I am able.” his throat felt dry again.

"Thank you...."

UGH another short one x.x
[/QUOTE]

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings RAINBOW CONNECTION FABLE realm of the seven

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland