Iter
57 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

The small cafe in Solum had become one of Jade's more usual hangouts. Usually peaceful with just enough commotion to at times keep him entertained. He wasn't needed at the hospital today; which he imagined was a polite way of them saying that his coworkers needed a break. To be honest he wondered how far he could push them before they told him not to come back. The problem nevertheless was that Jade's methods, no matter how unusual, worked and they needed someone of his skill. It had become almost a game to see how many buttons he could press.

Stepping inside the cafe with a few books tucked under his arms Jade reached back to hold the door open for a lady and her two children on their way out. They smiled and replied with a quick 'thank yous' as they passed through. Just because the former colonel enjoyed tormenting those around him at times, did not mean he didn't have any sense of common civility. Allowing the door to swing closed behind him, Jade brushed his unusual crimson eyes over the establishment. It was still fairly early, before lunch rush, none too many people yet. Perfect.

Walking to the right side of the room he found his usual spot toward the corner of the room empty. Pleased with this Jade slid into the booth and placed his books down on the table and brushed some of his light-brown hair from his face. By this time one of the waitresses who knew him Tiffany was her name, she was young with a head full of blond curls and a bright pair of friendly brown eyes. She always came over and spoke to him when taking his order. Though he couldn't quite place the reason for the extra friendly behavior but maybe it was just that. Not to say it was unpleasant but strangers did not often flock to him.

“What can I get you this morning Mr. Curtiss?” she asks politely, eyes drifting over him and his books a moment. “Bring your work with you again?” she giggles shaking her head. “Someone like you ought to be havin' a lovely lady on his arm instead of a bunch of books, but someday?”

Jade chortles softly. “Black coffee, please.” he remarks scans her slowly from head to toe before smiling and folding his arms to lean them on the edge of the table. “Congratulations on the new boyfriend.” he remarked watching her face light up with surprise and question. Jade simply shrugged playfully and the girl shook her head and then offered a small half-bow before leaving to fill his order.

Jade opened three of the books and turned them to their appropriate pages, lying them flat on the table, he retrieved his notepad and began to make small notes. A cup placed in front of him, so instinctively without looking up he reached over and picked it up taking a small sip. Quickly realizing it wasn't what he ordered. Jade lowered the cup peering into it before looking up as a figure joined him at his table, in the booth opposite to him. “Well that explains the taste.” he smirked mildly handing the stranger their cup back. “Can I help you?”

Open // Oops hoped you dont mind sharing~
template coded by always and forever of atf

PM EMAIL
^
Eucliwood Hellscythe
 Posted: May 24 2017, 01:30 PM
Necromancer
Unknown
Wanderer
Vitreus
28 posts
luna
EST / Offline
Eucliwood Hellscythe

I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel like I am strong enough, I don't feel right when you're gone away
Pity wasn't something she was entirely too used to. It wasn't something she cared terribly much for either. Yet pity seemed to be something that people started to give her more than she could seemingly understand. In hindsight, she probably shouldn't have been as surprised as she seemed to be. Sitting outside of small stores was something that had gotten her occasional attention before. Not too often, but enough times that even the faintest sensation of surprise should no longer truly be there anymore. The morning had been spent simply sitting out there, the way she used to. It was far more familiar and comfortable to her than it probably should have been. One too many times that morning she had been thought to be a homeless beggar, something she never had much of a chance to truly refute. Homeless, certainly, but the necromancer was not one to beg from anyone. If there was something she truly wished for, she simply told someone to get it for her. It didn't matter that the someone she would tell no longer existed in her life.

The aer that had been handed off to her and set down by her that morning wasn't things she necessarily wanted to accept, but with no ability to truly return it, and a certainty that those that had handed it off to the little bum wouldn't accept it back anyway, led her to follow the one thing she seemed to follow the most in any world, really. The rumbles of her stomach. When was the last time she had managed to eat anything in this place? She could never really remember. No matter how much time was passed, it always felt like an eternity. The money had been quietly collected and stared at when she finally brought herself to her feet. The question of why people would toss such things away would not stop filling her mind, but she knew that she really shouldn't think too much on it. It didn't matter anymore.

Finding her way from the shop she had been perched in front of to that cafe she found herself drawn back to so often took very little time. So many days she purposefully turned in this direction in order to hover outside of this building or stand just within the doorway as if she was going to actually get something. On a few occasions, she actually did manage to get something small, usually green tea of some sort. So much time in recent months spent in Japan had left her more or less accustomed to it. Maybe one day she'd actually change up her drink choices, but today certainly wasn't going to be that day. She found herself a spot to sit, her tea soon finding it's way to her. Without thought, she stared down at the steaming surface of it. Just over it she noticed someone. Sat alone, books a plenty on the table. It took a second for her to actually turn her attention up towards him. There was one of those strange sensations about him. Energy. That could have easily been said for so many in this world, but his was a bit more familiar, if not incredibly faint.

In most cases, she would have simply let it slide off her back, but perhaps it was the faint feelings of homesickness she refused to admit to stirred by the frequency of memories that kept trying to push against her mental barriers that brought the necromancer to her feet and moved over towards his booth. Rude, maybe, but she didn't seem to care that much. First she set her cup down, before staring at the booth seat. Right, just... sit there. Almost robotically in her movements, she took a set, hands pressing into her lap as she stared over towards him a moment. He had taken her tea... 'My own fault.' She shouldn't have just set it down the way she had, she supposed. One hand moved away from her lap to pull the cup closer to herself before bringing the hand down again. Her head gave a small shake to the question before hesitating. 'Manners...?' Perhaps those were something she should work on. Shifting slightly, she pulled out her notepad and wrote the simple question, May I join you? before setting it down on the table and tapping the sheet with her pen to indicate it. After a second, she rotated it towards herself to add, What are these books for? A bit nosy, certainly, but if he didn't mind the company, it was... right to attempt at small talk, wasn't it? Talk being used rather loosely.

apologies for this super crap post >///<
luna ♡

--------------------
user posted image
Gorgeous signature by Silence ♡
PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: May 24 2017, 10:29 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
57 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

Only someone like Jade would torment themselves so much, reading multiple books at once all while based on theology, though seemed to be an easy read for him. He stopped only to brush some long hair from his face, it seemed that it still wasn't quite long enough to completely gather in the ribbon he used to tie it back. He was still comfortable however, he stuck out far less dressed in his blue-colored shirt and black vest. But the fact of the matter was that he could finally dress appropriately and abandon his gaudy blue Malkuth uniform.

Maybe there was a small hint of pride in that.

Living life as neither a military man nor babysitter was fairly welcomed with opened arms. Or maybe he simply did not care. Jade assumed that whatever force brought him here would eventually spit him back out along with everyone else this world grew tired of and decided to discard him.

But the man had been so caught up in his own studies that he did not realize the waitress had not placed a cup down in front of him, which he picked up only to discover the strange new taste. What? his brow creased upward as some stranger joined him. It must have been hers. Jade breathed deeply and offered up a small sigh. “Seems my waitress is far too head-over-heels distracted... My apologies for stealing a taste.” he feigned disappointment with a small shrug with his hands up. Oh dear.

Back to the matter at hand, the young-looking lady sitting across from him was far more interesting. Just who was she? Why had she joined him? His crimson eyes followed her hands as they moved around a notebook of sorts. She wrote, perhaps meaning she either could not speak or could not hear, but it was likely he would find out soon.

Jade smiled sweetly folding his hands under his chin. “I wasn't expecting company, but yes you may. I hate to say you'll probably find nothing of interest here, just little'ol ordinary me.” he gently waved a hand up. But he did not know her, and Jade could remember the names and faces of every person he had met either as a doctor or scientist in this world. He might have not been interesting, but she was. A faint smile coaxed itself across his lips. "Studying, this world, and just about anything i might manage to fill my mind with that could perhaps be deemed useful in some circumstance."

"Well you are not one of my patience, so to whom do I have the pleasure of having coffee with ,should it ever arrive, this morning?" he only continued to smile softly. "Jade Curtiss, and allow me to replace your drink if you will, miss."

New Necro-friends~

PM EMAIL
^
Eucliwood Hellscythe
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 06:19 PM
Necromancer
Unknown
Wanderer
Vitreus
28 posts
luna
EST / Offline
Eucliwood Hellscythe

I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel like I am strong enough, I don't feel right when you're gone away
It is alright, just don't do it again. The words scripted so beautifully could so easily come off as rude. It certainly wasn't her intention to come off as such. It would have been much more impolite to make no notion at all that she had heard him. She didn't really care if she seemed impolite, of course, but she knew it would help in the long run. If she actually wished for some form of conversation. Wished to remain close to that strange faint energy. Surely the sentiment would be read in her words rather than the small order at the end. It was difficult to not be direct with someone. Something she really ought to work on but when the lives that came to touch her own were always so short lived and fleeting, what was the real point? Better to simply speak, or... write as she was used to with strangers than attempt to make amends. It doesn't matter either way.

Eucliwood tilted her head slightly as she watched him, listening to his answer. Ordinary? That was hardly the word she would use here. She supposed she did not truly know for sure but there was something unordinary about him for certain. Her pen gently rested on the edge of her note pad, thinking carefully over the words she wished to write. It was so difficult to find the correct words sometimes, especially when she was at least partially trying to keep from being kicked away. You are not ordinary. I wouldn't have sat here if you were. Was that entirely true? She couldn't quite say, both figuratively and literally. But it felt quite true. That energy, that presence. Perhaps... it was normal where he was from?

Studying? That seemed boring. She'd never had a need to study much of anything in her life and watching Ayumu do so for his classes had been anything but eventful. Why he wouldn't just let her swiftly fill in his homework with all the correct answers would forever be beyond her. A slight wince at her own thoughts. There was no more Ayumu, there was no reason to let her thoughts try and lead her in that direction. To find a distraction from that thought, she glanced away momentarily, trying to see if her eyes could find this apparent waitress. It occurred to her after the glance she didn't actually know what waitress to look for and let her gaze rest upon the strange man once more. Eucliwood. She paused slightly, looking at her name before adding, (Yuu-clee-wood) beneath it. Phonetics, unnecessary but, at the moment, they felt almost important. It would have been simpler to just put 'Lady Hellscythe' instead. Pushing the new paper towards him, she gave a small nod of her head. If he so wished to replace her tea, she wouldn't argue it. She was hardly one to deny something that was free.

Why do you study in a cafe? The question was an after thought, scrawled quickly yet still so pristine, every line as neat as the last. A gift, really.

more apologies but this time more so for just.... eu in general...
luna ♡

--------------------
user posted image
Gorgeous signature by Silence ♡
PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 01:28 AM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
57 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

A smile coaxed itself across Jade's lips again followed by a polite nod his head. It seems as if maybe his boredom was soon to be washed away; or at least mildly so. The people of Avalon were so interesting, even Jade could find some interest in conversing with them, or simply watching. It wasn't as if he was allowed to cut them open after all... Laws and all that nonsense, silly right?

Jade's brow rose as she wrote again. Be blinked once or twice before drawing back a little and pressing a hand to his chest his brow wrinkling. “I've never felt so insulted...I am just as ordinary as everyone else...” he placed the back of his other hand to his brow. Lips twisting into a frown as he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. After a moment or two he opened one of his eyes and slowly his smile returned as a deep chortle echoed in his throat.

He shook his head as if signal that he had been kidding, if it wasn't obvious. Readjusting his glasses he rolled his shoulders upward. “Well, I am flattered that I am so fascinating, but I am not entirely sure your interest isn't misplaced.” he replied folding his hands together on the edge of the table.

The scientist's eyes found the paper again and then smiled softly when she added to it for clarification. “Eucliwood, hm, complicated and yet elegant, I must admit it is quite the pretty name.” flattery? Teasing? Who could really say. This was Jade, as she would quickly learn, nothing was sure.

Politely he waved for the waitress and asked her to add to his order, a drink for the young woman, whatever she had ordered previously. He also added two blueberry muffins to that.

Eyes finally returning to her he shrugged softly again. And what pretty handwriting. He mused with a small laugh. “Why not, the food here isn't so terrible. A little people watching. Boredom perhaps.... or there is simply no reason not to.” he then smiled and offered a polite nod as their drinks and new snacks were placed in front of them. “As I said, you may find me the boring specimen on the other hand there's you.” he teased.

Sorry this was ehh, Jade muse was meh >.>

PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Indestructible Darkness LIGHT IT UP - A FIRE EMBLEM FATES INSPIRED ROLEPLAY The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Bleach Platinum Hearts For Queen & Crystal Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE HORiZON Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Ironside Welcome to the Apocalypse! Crucify THE PANTHEON: a multifandom RPG Save Me Shelf Space Yuri Roleplay

Avalon's Tumblr panda directory RPG-D Distant Fantasies Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Ruby Wings Listings RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

All of Me ♥ OHaV