Suddenly spirited away into some unknown realm with safe cities and dangerous wild lands. Many people have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world, and the phrase spoken from everyone's lips... Welcome to Avalon.

Avalon is a canon crossover/panfandom RP site. We dont discriminate and welcome all types of characters from the well-known to the non and strive to give everyone a comfortable place to have fun and let their imaginations and muses run wild. Possibilities are endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. We hope you enjoy the site and hanging out with us and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our friendly staff!

Please register in proper caps.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Browsing the Web and Aisles, Tag: Open
Beatrice Santello
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 07:19 PM
Crocodile
College Student
Perditio
19 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Offline
Beatrice Santello

I Guess Proximity

Counts for a Lot

While she had been able to get a dorm room thanks to the college being rather understanding of the nature of her situation, she still had essentially arrived in this town with just a couple bucks in her wallet. In short, she was broke and had only whatever she was carrying on her at the time. Even if running a business had eaten up a lot of her time, she had still maintained an online presence, even if was just to chat with friends or post political opinions on Internet forums…she really needed to cut back on that though. It was kind of stress inducing, and she had enough of that in life.

Point was, she was broke, had only her wallet and phone, but she wanted to mess around online a little bit. That was what brought her to the library. She had some books she’d need to check out soon anyway for summer reading, but there wouldn’t be wrong with a little web browsing first. Making her way inside, she headed towards one of the computer areas. Fortunately there were some open spots still, and she slid on in. Probably got a few looks for being a crocodile but, eh, whatever, she was used to technically being the weird one in this world. Well, weirder: for Possum Springs she was considered a little odd anyways.

With the computer fired up and ready to go, she headed online and started checking on social media. She had made some accounts for the networks here on Avalon, mostly to keep up with college stuff, like news, deadlines, etc. Couple friends here and there too, but not too many. Overall, as weird as her situation was, just sitting her browsing the web felt pretty normal. As long as she didn’t sit here too long. From her experience at the Possum Springs library, librarians usually didn’t like people lingering on social media for too long if anyone was waiting…

My life felt like running after something that kept moving away

Open

&
PM
^
Star Butterfly
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 12:01 PM
Mewman
Student
Ignis
87 posts
Xanakins
CST / Offline
Star Butterfly

The library was no fun place for Star Butterfly to be. It seemed like any school library but just bigger for the public to come to. Her homework had brought her here and the fact Glossaryck had kept mentioning to her how important an education is. Although he would always add in “or not” for telling her things on what she should be doing. As if he didn't care what she did with her life as long as she was learning her spell book.

She groaned as she entered the building and found a table to sit at. Digging out her books and notebooks from her backpack to work on. Without Marco around to help her with terms she didn't fully understand, Star just did her best with things. Her wand handle turned into a pencil as she began to work. Half way through her math homework she was starting to get bored. She had finished her English homework and history homework, but it was the math that she disliked the most.

So after getting a couple of questions done, Star let her head drop on the table top with a small thud. Trying not to interrupt people next to her with her complaining. Too bad she just couldn't use magic to get her homework finished. She tried it once but the teachers here seemed to notice. Clearly she made the mistake to make her homework perfect instead of making a few errors so it wouldn't be too noticeable.

Star took a few more minutes on trying to finish her math homework before giving up.

Tag: Beatrice Santello
PM
^
Beatrice Santello
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 04:06 PM
Crocodile
College Student
Perditio
19 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Offline
Beatrice Santello

I Guess Proximity

Counts for a Lot

It didn’t take too long before a librarian came by and asked her to get off the computer if she was just going to be surfing social media. Since this expected, Bea didn’t put up a fight and simply got to work on checking out books. After several minutes she had a stack of books with her, all from the English class book list. Didn’t hurt to get a little early on that reading, right? Especially since she didn’t quite have the money yet to go and buy the books. Hopefully this would give her a head enough of a start to keep her afloat till she could get the money.

Since most of the table already had people at them, she was forced to share one with some stranger. She sat down across from some kid working on homework. Man, summer homework had to suck, she said while basically self-imposing some on herself. At first she tuned the girl out with reading. It didn’t take long, though, for her to start getting a bit irritating with groaning before finally just dropping. That finally got Bea’s attention. She looked over, somewhat annoyed, but at the same time sympathetic to the girl’s plight. From the looks of the paper it was math homework. Yeah, she could remember how much of a pain math homework was.

“Working on math there? Was pretty good at math myself so might be able to help,” she said as she closed her book. With some time to kill it wouldn’t hurt anything to help some poor kid out, right?

Star Butterfly

&
PM
^
Star Butterfly
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 12:50 PM
Mewman
Student
Ignis
87 posts
Xanakins
CST / Offline
Star Butterfly

Star barely registered that someone or something sat down across from her with a stack of books. Her mind was wandering away from math due to how much she hated it. Why was it really needed? She is a princess and has a magical wand. Except her mother would tell her that there would be more to the role than what she was thinking when she becomes queen. But it was math! Something she couldn't wrap her mind around unlike when she used her magic wand.

Star looked up when she heard someone speak to her. The source of the voice was close, so she didn't need to look around. Instead she found herself looking at a female crocodile! The magical princess wasn't too shocked to see a talking animal in front of her. Any one to offer to help with math was a blessing. She could not fail the class and Marco wasn't around to help.

“Yes! I would love your help on the evil math homework,” she said with a nod. “I would just use my magic to finish it for me but the teachers seem to know the difference.” Star picked up her things and moved to sit next to the female crocodile. Since it would be easier for her to move than the other. Less books to move.

It appeared only a few questions were solved but the rest of her sheet was blank. “So what should I do? All these numbers and equations don't make much sense to me at all. This is so much harder than basic math,” she said.

PM
^
Beatrice Santello
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 09:55 PM
Crocodile
College Student
Perditio
19 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Offline
Beatrice Santello

I Guess Proximity

Counts for a Lot

Magic? She looked over the girl real quick. Yeah, she could see that whole ‘magical princess’ vibe in the girl, what with the dress and the toy wand thing. Or maybe it was a real wand? Who knows in this crazy ass town. ”Yeah, teacher’s tend to be pretty good at spotting cheats. Better to actually do the work on your own though: don’t learn anything if you just wave a wand and do it.”

She scooted over a bit to let the girl have a bit of room when she made her way over to her side of the table. Grabbing the girl’s homework, Bea started to glance over it. The whole page was pretty much blank, and just off the top of her head she could take a guess what few one’s where filled out where off a little. From the sounds of it the girl was just starting algebra and stuff. She remembered how that could be a serious wall for some people, moving from just manipulating the numbers to having to think through and determine how to get to the answer.

”Well, basically, the point of all this is you’re trying to figure out the thing you don’t know so you can finish off the equation. Guess you can think of it as trying to finish a puzzle where you got a couple pieces together already and have to figure out which of the other pieces fit. Just gotta keep trying different things till you find the one piece that fits it perfectly.”

Star Butterfly

&
PM
^
Star Butterfly
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 11:34 PM
Mewman
Student
Ignis
87 posts
Xanakins
CST / Offline
Star Butterfly

Having someone stare at her almost blank page of homework did not make Star embarrassed at all. She wanted help and she was getting help. She knew she was not good with math and really disliked it with a passion. “But it's fun just waving a wand around and doing nothing,” said Star as she waved her wand and caused a random book to come to life.

The book grew arms and legs with a little cute face in the middle of the book. “Hi, Star. Hi, crocodile lady,” said the book in a cheery tone.

“See? Easy peasy. Too bad you couldn't do my homework for me, little book,” said the princess.

The book looked a little sad. “Well I am not a math book. I'm much more better with what is written within my pages.”

Star huffed and waved her wand over the book to make it an inactive object again. It fell against the table with a small thud. She wasn't even sure what the book was about since Bea had brought it over in her pile. Now she had to roll her eyes at Bea for what she said about her math homework. It almost sounded like something Marco would say but in a different tone and worded a little differently.

“Puzzles are fun though. Unless it's really hard puzzles then they're no fun. This is just plain no fun at all,” said Star as placed an elbow on the table to prop up her head by her cheek with her hand.

PM
^
Beatrice Santello
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 12:09 AM
Crocodile
College Student
Perditio
19 posts
Whammy
Eastern / Offline
Beatrice Santello

I Guess Proximity

Counts for a Lot

Okay, she actually had magic and could animate books to life. That was a thing that was possible, and now she felt bad about some of the books she owned in poorer condition. ”Uh, hi,” was all she could really offer the book before it went back to being just a book, unable to provide Star any assistance in her math homework.

Lecturing the girl about that, however, was definitely something she could do. If anything, she felt like there was a little bit of Mae in her, that same tendency to brush off responsibility. Hopefully a little intervention now would do her some good.

”Puzzles are just puzzles: whether they’re fun or not is really up to the person,”[color=#476D78] she said, leaning back into her chair a little and pulling her wallet out of the pocket of her pants. [color=#476D78]”But, here’s the thing kid: most of your life is going to be spent doing things you don’t think are fun, but you gotta do it anyway.”

Flipping open her wallet, she flipped through some of the folds until she found a picture of her from high school graduation. It was one taken of her giving the valedictorian speech at graduation, standing there in the cap and gown. In retrospect, that gown really didn’t look all that much different from her normal clothing. Huh.

”Here’s me at graduation, giving the valedictorian speech. You know, the one the top of the class gives,” she said, showing Star the picture. ”I worked my tail off for four years to do it. Going to admit, it wasn’t fun at all. Missed out a lot of parties and stuff to do it, but that day was the proudest day for just about everyone in my family, graduating, being the first to go onto college.”

Of course, then her mother got sick and died, the expenses mean she couldn’t go, and then she got stuck working in a hardware store in a dying town with a dad who was barely even there anymore. But that kind of ruined the point she was going for so she decided not to mention that as she put her wallet away.

”Now, not saying you gotta be the top of the class or anything like that, but if you’re gonna get through life you’re going to have to put the effort into things that aren’t fun so you can get to the stuff that you want to accomplish.”

She grabbed Star’s math book and slid it towards the girl, eyebrow arched and ready to see if she’d open it.

Star Butterfly

&
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Welcome to the Apocalypse! Save Me Yuri Roleplay L&O STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP BORROW THE MOONLIGHT N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW

Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by evvie of cttw & SHINE