Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
I know some things that you don't. I've done things that you won't. There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home...
Sep 11 2017, 02:42 AM
PMQuote
Hold out a little longer...
When the world is overwhelming

What is he supposed to do?

Seemed like he'd asked that question more times than he could count now. Mostly in silence, maybe a few times when no one was around, he would have probably shouted it to the heavens if only he had a little alcohol in his system. Something he really wished he had right now and a lot of it. Avalon, now that was hard to swallow, no matter how many times he was told. It had been a week or so since he arrived here with Vash.

Why did it feel so much longer?

He had spent a lot of time in the old church the two of them had found. If anything was a sign from God ...well maybe he was just begging for some kind of familiar feeling. Some kind of comfort to cling to. Likely the later. Still, he'd found a patch of dirt to burn away some of the trash and broken wood he'd collected inside. Setting aside some of it for re-purposing into something else. It was going to take some work, and some money, first things first was seeing what was left. If he managed to pull this through then there was enough room that if he dared to ever call a place 'home' he could at least sleep there. He planned to continue traveling but for now this was good. A part of him needed this t kept him busy and kept his mind from wandering too much when Vash was away.

He had to find some way of fixing the Punisher before he wandered too far.

Dark eyes glimpsed toward the corner of the room where the cross-shaped weapon leaned, a corpse of its former self, but it'd survived when it shouldn't have. 'Sounds familiar.' he smirked weakly reached to rip down some more rotten wood only to feel a nail sink into his hand. Processing. . . . “FUUUUUU--” he stifled back more shouting as he hurled the broken pieces out the door. That is it, screw this, break time! he searched his pockets instinctively only to come up empty handed. Should have kept that blood soaked pack maybe he could have salvaged them somehow. Probably not...

Ravenwood was a kindly little town, the people seemed just as nice, none of them really sparing him a second questioning glance. Everyone from all over, other worlds, and why not. Why the heck not? Not to mention the whole 'green' thing he still was not quite used to or over. Of course people looked at you a bit weird when you stopped and stared at every tree or flower. Small town though maybe thats why it was harder to find work? Couldn't really take up any mercenary work with is weapons busted. Something else he needed money for.

Eventually he ended up leaning against one of the shop walls and sliding down to rest on the ground. They weren't hiring either. Was there ANYONE hiring? God give him strength, he needed it, well...not psychical strength just a little of the rest please. Wolfwood slouched more groaning becoming a bent over blob of his former self, almost entirely sure his soul had slipped past his lips and was reaching for the sky as a darkened haze passed over his face. Why was this world so cruel...?

Just going to sit here for a little while and catch his breath.

Ask

Ehh not great.. but AAAAaaa words?

Human
TEN
Student
Ignis
10 posts
Peri
PST / Offline
Valerie Bama
"It is only a paper moon sailing over a cardboard sea but it wouldn't be make believe if you believed in me."
Oct 11 2017, 07:56 PM
PMQuote
wouldn't be make believe
She was starving.

Okay, that was nothing really new, she always felt hungry. BUT ever since she woke up out in the middle of the forest, she had yet to find anything to munch on. That was a few days ago now, wasn't it? At least, she thought so. The days and nights kind of blurred together, and somewhere between all of the excitement of looking at the pretty plants, strange animals, and pestering everyone who walked by about the whereabouts of her papa, she kind of just... forgot that she needed to eat? Sure, she tried to swipe an apple off of the stand in the market but was immediately chased off. Now the mean lady glowered at her every time she walked by. JEEZ. And she thought people in Hellsalem's Lot were stingy!

Her body was catching up with her, though. She was feeling weak, her usually bronze-colored complexion becoming a little pale. Between the smudges of dirt on her baggy overalls, disheveled white hair, and the cuts and scrapes she got just from wandering about on her own in the woods, she looked a bit wild herself. Definitely not like a little girl her age should.

Holding onto her empty stomach, it roared back at her in loud protest. “Look, I knoooow...” she spoke to it idly, grumbling a little as she walked. “I'll find something. Promise! Just stop it, you're not making anything better!” A wave of dizziness shook through her then and she had to close her eyes to keep from feeling sick. Dang it, stomach. With a deep breath, she moved a bit faster—okay, this time, maybe she could ask nicely for some food. These were dire times!

As she hurried toward the market, something—or rather,someone—caught her eye, forcing her to stop mid-run. Oh, look. A dead guy! Was that what she was going to become, too? Starve to death all alone?! Cruel world...!

Nah! Valerie squinted at him reaaaal hard, pale green orbs straining to see if he was even breathing or not. Actually, it was kind of hard to tell... Fortunately, that was when the best idea ever popped into her mind! Glancing around, she trotted over and picked a stick up from off the ground, holding it firmly within her tiny hand. Not too sharp, she thought as she tested the pointy ends, grinning a little before she ever-so-slowly tiptoed toward the hunched over blob of a person.

Her little sneakers were as muffled as they could be in the dirt, trying her best to be stealthy while she snuck up on the man. When she felt she was at a safe enough distance, she gave him one more good, long squiiint of her eyes as if willing him to come back to life. Liiiive!

Nope, that didn't work. He looked pretty dead to her! He probably was, there was this one time in Hellsalem's Lot when she... You know what, best not to even think about it. Best just to be totally sure instead. Reaching out slowly with the stick, she gave him a good nudge. Poke, poke. M-maybe she wasn't poking hard enough?

Or... he was just DEAD so he couldn't feel it?

Valerie moved closer, staring at the priest with such intense concentration that her brows started to furrow. Maybe she should switch up her tactics? Pouncing on him seemed out of the question because ewww, he was a corpse. Hmm. Biting her lip she gave him one more good, hard jab in the ribs, “Hey, are you dead?!”

Wolfwood! | Wake up priestdad!
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
I know some things that you don't. I've done things that you won't. There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home...
Oct 13 2017, 08:26 AM
PMQuote

Food. Yes food was a thing, he had to make the little money they'd gathered (together) last, looks like they'd be eating rice or beans for a while. He wasn't ungrateful...just really nicotine deprived and the more he sat there the more tempting it got to get up and go try to barter something. Food though...food was...important. Ugh.

Poke. Why had he been forsaken here? Poke. Had to be some kind of plan for all this right? Poke. At least that was what Vash had said. Poke. That tickled. Wait-

“Ach- da** it okay okay if thats you Vas-” he reached to try and grab hold of whatever was jabbing him in the ribs. Stick? Brow rising Wolfwood slowly brought his chin up to blink. Are you dead? He cut himself off and stared up, that voice for sure hadn't belonged to Vash or anyone else he knew. Little girl... he continued to stare for a second before shaking his head and raking his hands to rub his face. “No, no, I'm not dead.” he groaned before dropping them back down onto his knees, legs folding under him. Was the stick really necessary? He tried to peer over her not noticing any nearby parents that seemed to be paying any attention to their daughter.

Odd though how much his features seemed to soften around children, almost like he was another person. He managed to ghost a smirk over his features as he tipped his head to the side. “Rude to poke people with sticks.” he teased before breathing out heavily and rolling his shoulders back. “I'm alright, just a bit down on my luck, what about you....you're not alone are you?” he questioned trying to ignore and distract himself from his unfed addiction. She sort of helped him feel a bit less sorry for himself.

If she at all explained she was alone, Wolfwood found himself frowning sympathetically and rubbing his hand along the back of his neck before scratching it through his hair. Kids alone, why were kids always alone, they always deserved so much better. He friendly smile returned after a moment. What could he really say to make it better? The orphanage wasn't of this world, Ravenwood didn't have one, only Sanctum had the boarding school. Guess she'd eventually end up there...right? Wasn't like...he had any safe place to take in children either... “Are you new here?” he knew it was likely.

“Nicholas D. Wolfwood. It's nice to meet you, you uh...normally go around poking people with sticks?”

Valerie Bama

Sorry this was a meh reply tho...also so short...

Human
TEN
Student
Ignis
10 posts
Peri
PST / Offline
Valerie Bama
"It is only a paper moon sailing over a cardboard sea but it wouldn't be make believe if you believed in me."
Oct 13 2017, 11:43 AM
PMQuote
wouldn't be make believe
AHHH, the dead guy was talking! Or... Not a dead guy after all? Maybe he was a zombie? A talking zombie... those existed, right? Except, he seemed too nice to be one of those. At least, he did not seem like he was going to lunge forward and try to eat her or anything. When he smirked at her, she felt a half-grin tug at her face, at least until...

Rude to poke people with sticks.

Oops. Her giant green eyes blinked several times before she hurriedly glanced away in an effort to hide her embarrassment, bringing the stick behind her back. Listening to his words, her small hands gripped at her little poking device tightly. Her knuckles grew white, gripping harder until she felt the wood start to bend and threaten to snap. Down on his luck. Alone. Sounded like they had a lot in common!

Some of her untamed white hair fell into her face when a gnarled knot started to roll into the pit of her stomach. Her wish—she was sent here so she wouldn't ever be alone and yet somehow... Somehow she was more alone than ever. Now she did not even have the orphanage to go back to, and try as she might, she couldn't hope to remember the names of her friends there. They were like a distant memory, lost behind a curtain of fog.

Shrugging her shoulders, she forced that little half-grin to evolve into a mischievous and toothy smile, “I've always been this way.” That felt like the most honest thing she had ever said in her life, even if that was a terribly sad thing to admit to. Always alone, ever since she could remember. Sometimes it was hard to realize how lonely that should make her feel... If it bothered her all that much, there was not a hint of it on the little girl's face. People did not need to see that part of herself, especially not strangers. “I woke up here, I guess. Out in the forest!” How she did not become a monster's supper was still kind of amazing, and totally a story for another time! She was actually proud of that one.

“I've been looking for my daddy,” she said rather matter-of-factly, “He's gotta be here somewhere.” After several, long seconds, she seemed to stare at him as if for the first time maybe considering if he could be her father. She asked just about everyone else in town and she'd never seen this guy before. It was... possible, right?

But no such luck. His name was definitely not Zapp Renfro, unless he was lying! He didn't look like he was trying to trick her, though a part of her almost wished that he was. If papa was not here... then where? Wearing a brave face, she did her best not to look even a tad bit disappointed before she finally brought the stick back out from behind her and gave it a little wave. “Sometiiimes,” in her defense, “You really did look dead, though!” Tossing the stick behind her, she wiped the dirt off her palms onto her overalls and offered him a tiny hand to shake, “My name is—” Her stomach growled in upstart anger which earned some visible frustration from the ten year old. Oooh, so dizzy! That was when she blurted quickly so she wouldn't get cut off a second time, “MynameisValerie!”

Wolfwood! | Shhh it was just fine! X3 <3
Enhanced Human
Looks Thirties
Wandering Priest
Tenebris
38 posts
Dorkst
CST / Offline
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Oct 16 2017, 08:51 PM
PMQuote

The preacher stared back blinking once or twice he'd wished he had his sunglasses to hide behind at the very least, but still hadn't been able to replace the pair he'd broken in that last fight. What hadn't he lost in that last fight? Besides maybe...Tongari himself. He brushed aside that thought and focused on the girl before him as she said she'd always been this way. His head dipped down as a long smooth breath escaped from slight parted lips. This wasn't fair....

“I guess that's everyone, we just wake up here, but no reason to be all alone still...right?” he paused to wonder if maybe he didn't sound weird saying such a thing. Even though there was so much more he could have rambled about and weakly tried to push those thoughts aside. But his chest tightened and his heart still hurt. A little girl like her shouldn't have to be alone. It was an innocent thought....but a pained one.

Daddy. So, she did have family. He managed to tug the smirk back across his face. “Oh yeah? Heh well then, you don't have to be alone then, that's good to know. Any idea where he could be?” he asked giving a small rise of his shoulders. “Wouldn't mind helping you look for him.” he nodded from his place still sitting on the ground legs folded under him. A good deed for the day and maybe, just maybe, it would keep his mind off other things for a while. Wait was she just looking at him weird? He dismissed it as his imagination.

Wolfwood's face squished downward as she admitted to it and then said he looked dead. “Eheh...” his smile remained but one of his brows twitched a few times. You don't say. he blinked at her hand before reaching to take it and give it a gentle shake only to let his eyes drop some as her stomach rumbled. “Haha!” he cackled a moment before shaking his head. “Pleasure to meet you too, miss empty stomach.” he teased before looking back up. Valerie.

He breathed in deeply slipping his hand into his coat pocket and chewed the inside of his lip. Maybe...just a little. “Alright, how about we look for your dad, and if we find something to eat along the way, well you got me all hungry now too.” a simple enough offer, besides he probably wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it if he left her all alone to look for him. Even though he wasn't entirely sure he could make much of a difference...

Or maybe he could.

Valerie Bama

Aaaaaaaa i swear it'll get better x.x

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings RAINBOW CONNECTION FABLE realm of the seven

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland