Suddenly spirited away into some unknown realm with safe cities and dangerous wild lands. Many people have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world, and the phrase spoken from everyone's lips... Welcome to Avalon.

Avalon is a canon crossover/panfandom RP site. We dont discriminate and welcome all types of characters from the well-known to the non and strive to give everyone a comfortable place to have fun and let their imaginations and muses run wild. Possibilities are endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. We hope you enjoy the site and hanging out with us and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our friendly staff!

Please register in proper caps.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

As I Try Avoiding Failure, {Slaine Troyard}
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 09:33 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

As I Try Avoiding Failure

The black of night is closing in around you. The crippling fear moves in as they strap you down. Will you let a moment get the best of you? Will this situation bring you around? When the blood stains dry. Will it bring you around? Will it pass you by? The days have turned to weeks but its not over. The bandages rewind you to where you've been. These memories will remind you. When life takes you out will it bring you around. When its said and done. Will it bring you around? What will you become? You're bruised and bleeding. I see the hurt within your eyes. I know your pain is for a reason. You need to feel just to know that you're alive.
He was fine... Wasn't he? First it started with ...feeling just a little too exhausted. Then a metallic taste in his mouth. All things considered it wasn't the worst off he had been. Maybe he was pushing himself too hard. He hadn't meant to let it get so bad. Not this bad... He'd almost been mistaken for being dead... an easy and not untrue assessment. He briefly wondered if this continued if he would be removed from the Avalon Guard. Not that it had effected his work. Maybe it was only a matter of time.

Schwann was watching the new recruits train and handle their weapons while occasionally stepping in to help them adjust or make changes. Pacing back with his hands folded behind his back he wasn't any any how stressed emotionally or physically. Nor was it hot outside; in fact the weather was rather enjoyable at the time. And yet he could remember his vision slowly blurring his breath feeling....heavier... unsure why. Light headed... he struggled to remain standing on his own feet and eventually his knees gave way. The new recruits had panicked at first but managed to get the captain to his feet.

He next thing he remembered was waking up in the hospital. With a message from one of his other officers to take some time off and rest, and of course see the doctors here. As if he had any choice. At least it seemed as he hadn't been inspected yet. Which meant he could explain – or in this case craftily lie- about his condition. White lies of course. It wasn't a complete lie either....or so he told himself. Still allowing the doctor to listen to his lungs, heart, and take some blood was fine. Though it was unfortunate he still had trouble finding his legs when it came time to leave. Two days....or was it three that he had been here now...?

Rest helped....it helped a lot. It wasn't as if a doctor from this world (or even his own) would understand his condition. But he ….felt so tired... Overworking himself....the doctor said gaining a small laugh from the former knight. 'Of course.' he smirked softly.

Today was a little better. He'd gotten out of bed and might as well make use of the connected bathroom and shower. Passing a sideways glance at his uniform folded in a chair with his armor sitting on the floor under it. Most people had friends to take that stuff home for them. He shook his head at himself and was at least grateful they had brought him a change of clothes. A hot shower...was just what he needed. Despite not feeling at home, so he needed to make it fast. Quick in and out with a glance into the mirror and frown at the need to shave. “Ah well.....they can't keep me here much longer if I can walk out on my own.” he mumbled to himself and pulled a baggy dark red-shirt over his head and was straightening it out as he opened the door.

Messy hair sticking out in every direction he looked toward the door as it opened, just as he sat on the side of his bed. Great a nurse here to gripe at him for doing it alone? Please! “Look, thank you, but I can still get around on my own there isn't...” he blinked a few times. Oh, it was a young man.... which of course still didn't put the thought too far from his mind but maybe he was here for something else. “You're new...my apologies...if that seemed rude.” he sighed softly and then turned his green gaze toward the window. Maybe he had over done it, his vision blurred again, but he was sitting now... it should be fine. Should be...

Slaine Troyard, Idk take yer timee isn't great....
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Silence~
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 06:24 PM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
ENDING WHEN I OPEN UP MY EYES
He was feeling good, which was saying a lot considering in recent days the weight of truth had been heavier than any crown. Every time he looked at Asseylum he feared it would come out, that awful truth he kept locked inside of him but then she would smile that innocent smile at him and he could not, for the life of him, break that innocence. He didn't want to be a monster in her eyes, heaven help him. Knowing that when he told her, her eyes would look upon him differently... He could hardly even bare the thought, let alone the reality of it. Did it make him a sinner for continuing to hide it? Or was he saving her poor heart in some way? Not that she could not take the truth, he knew she could... It was he that could not.

But he had felt himself enough to go out and attempt to find something to occupy him during the day and to give them the aer that they needed in order to pay for the apartment they were living in. At first, he had thought of the Avalon Guard, perhaps he could find a place within their ranks. He was a fighter, a soldier after all, but the morning he had set aside to going there in hopes of speaking to someone about applying for a position, he had set eyes upon the blue prison jumpsuit. His past roared up and his sins crawled beneath his skin. He'd closed the door and left the apartment with hopes of finding something a little less violent. He had seen enough of war for one life. Not that there was war in Avalon, but they had a guard for a reason and the thought of being forced into those situations again nearly made him sick. He just wanted to live his life.

That was how he found out about the position at the hospital. They were a bit short staffed and they didn't need him to do anything surgical, which he wasn't qualified for, just simply act as someone who would go around and make sure everything was alright, see if the patients needed anything. They weren't paying him much, granted, but it was enough to get by. Besides, it was something good. Perhaps it would help heal his soul, at least to a point. Only confessions could truly save him, he supposed.

With the morning sun still streaming across the floor, Slaine made his way through the halls, keeping his head down and staying out of everyone's ways. No one gave him a glance, save one of the women who offhandedly asked him to go to one of the rooms on the second floor and the white haired teen had done as he was told, quickly moving into the elevator and riding it up. He walked out into the slightly more vacant floor and recalled the number, reaching it and slowly opening it. Though nearly as soon as he did, the man's voice spoke up: “Look, thank you, but I can still get around on my own there isn't...”

Slaine was about to apologize and move out when the man apologized first for sounding rude. "No, I am sorry, sir," he said, offering a very faint lift of his lips. "I was sent to see if you needed anything?"

561 words for Schwann || are you sure you're okay, swandad

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 02:28 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

The black of night is closing in around you. The crippling fear moves in as they strap you down. Will you let a moment get the best of you? Will this situation bring you around? When the blood stains dry. Will it bring you around? Will it pass you by? The days have turned to weeks but its not over. The bandages rewind you to where you've been. These memories will remind you. When life takes you out will it bring you around. When its said and done. Will it bring you around? What will you become? You're bruised and bleeding. I see the hurt within your eyes. I know your pain is for a reason. You need to feel just to know that you're alive.
A stranger... He watched the boy in silence for a few seconds before he blinked himself back to life. Focus. Though his hair was an unusual color, he could think of only one other person with white hair. Alexei... He forced a weak smile the eyes that greeted him weren't red of course; and yet they hid the same familiarity. He knew that look well....and for a second he allowed his mind to water before reeling it back and shaking his head slowly. Perhaps it was just the medication.

“No need to apologize.” he plied with a dip of his head as he turned a little more on his bed folding one leg and letting the other rest off the side still. He could sit there and mope, and it was all the more tempting to send the young man away. Did he need anything? He pressed his lips closer together and pulled his eyes away. “No... I do not think so...” he replied politely. Though a tingling feeling mate him chew his lip moments later. How could he possibly be 'overdoing it' now?

He closed his eyes tightly and chewed the inside of his lip. Taking a few seconds to breathe slowly he then waved for Slaine's attention. “Water...” he choked out a somewhat shortly though not intentionally rude. Hopefully the boy hadn't already gone.

Feeling his vision swim again he rubbed his hand down his face and laughed weakly. So maybe they were right... he breathes out slowly and rests his eyes while pinching the bridge of his nose. When he hears the door and footsteps and feels the presents of someone standing over him. Thankful he offers a small nod and accepts the cup tipping it back he drinks a part of it down before lowering it and echoing a heavy sigh. Brow pinching and rising in the middle the knight looked back up and then offered another small nod. “Thank you.”

“Though if you really want to do something for me....you could bail me out of this prison.” he raised a hand and offered a small smile. Hardly, when you've been in actual prison, but close enough. Maybe worse...? He gave his head a small shake. “I've never seen you before....are you new?” he inquired trying to sound polite. “Schwann Oltorain, in for....apparently not sleeping resting enough.” Close enough..

He offers a weak smile and folds his arms comfortably over his chest. “You're likely just as bored out of you mind.....” he smirked softly and raised his brows as he watched the younger man.

Slaine Troyard, Everything is fineeeee....

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 02:06 AM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
Feeling a bit awkward, Slaine had been about to take his leave and was in the middle of a respectful bow when he heard the other's choked out request for water and his eyes went wide. "Oh- yes, sir." He turned and hurried from the room, rushing down the hall to where he could get the water and filling up a cup, having to walk a bit slower on the way back thanks to his not wanting to spill it all over himself and the floor. Even at a slower pace, he had to skid to a halt and threw his hand up over the rim so it wouldn't spill, hurrying to the other's side, holding out the cup. "Here, sir," he said, a bit out of breath.

He watched the man drink the water, his brows somewhat drawn. "Are you sure you are alright, sir?" he asked, cautiously, not wanting to press into something that wasn't his business. At the 'thank you', the teen dipped his head, offering the ghost of a smile. "Of course, sir." Though at the words about prison, he couldn't help the flicker that passed his face, the knowledge of an actual prison but he gave out a soft, weak, chuckle. "I am afraid I cannot do that..." He did sound sorry though. "Maybe... I can speak to someone who can?"

"Oh, yes. I am. I got the job only the other day..." He dipped his head and offered a weak smile. "Slaine Troyard, sir." In for not resting enough, the other man claimed and Slaine's brows fell into a concerned 'v' once more, but he said nothing more. If Schwann did not wish to share, that was fine. It was not Slaine's business. At the last comment, he shook his head. "No, of course not, sir!" He wasn't bored, that was the truth, he was quite worried but he was trying to dial it back considering the man was still a stranger and he really didn't want to irritate him. He was sure it was already irritating enough being in this so called "prison".

Though Slaine could remember prison. He could remember the cold sunlight leaching through the bars, the blue jumpsuit that was neither comfortable nor uncomfortable, it simply was. A symbol of his new reality, perhaps. He remembered the marches down the hall, guards surrounding him with their stoic faces, some that began to slow give way to uneasy smiles and comments in the days that followed his arrival. Those first few days... He had wished for death, wished for Inaho Kaizuka to come marching through the door and blow his brains out. But it never happened. He had only the guards soft comments, their good mornings and their good nights. Sometimes the glance when he woke himself up by screaming.

It had not been living.

474 words for schwann || look idk i'm tired

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 02:35 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Thankful for the water, but sorry he needed to rely on anyone, perhaps he shouldn't be. He'd rasped the order unintentionally harsh or sudden, at least that is how it felt to him. Schwann was not intentionally giving the doctors and nurses a hard time, simply that... there was no help, nothing they could do. He would be more comfortable killing over at home in his own bed than here; if such a thing were to really happen so suddenly. He didn't really feel like dying yet.... even if he wasn't entirely sure why.

“Thank you...again. ” he breathed out slowly, once again, with his brows bending inward. It had helped to sooth his throat and calm his racing heart so to speak. Maybe a little too much water with his shower.. he inwardly smirked before looking to the boy again trying to remind himself to muster a smile so he didn't appear so cold. It was something he was trying to teach himself to do... odd how hard that was sometimes.

“Its alright now, really.” they'd never let him leave if he said otherwise now would they... he rubbed a hand through his hair. “For the most part, you so much as hiccup and they keep you an extra few days.” he commented somewhat sourly. Of course it wasn't aimed toward the boy, Schwann even glimpsed toward the door. If they heard him cough he'd never hear the end of it. “Its alright, it shouldn't be much longer.” his eyes fell to the folded uniform and armor, sword in its scabbard lying against the baseboard.

Not resting enough. He allowed himself a small smirk when the boy made a face. Concern or disbelief, he wasn't entirely sure that time. “Slaine....Troyard...sounds like a knight's name. Sounds noble..” he remarked softly shaking his head hoping the comment hadn't made him uncomfortable but it was simply the first thing to come to mind. Like the name of a real knight..

When he said he wasn't bored a small smirk-like-smile returned to his face as his brow rose. “Well that is good, helping those who can't help themselves is admirable...” he moved to fold his legs and rest his hands on his knees. “And then you get a bunch of old people who never know when to be quiet and want to abuse your visit to cure their boredom.” he teased, sighed softly closing his eyes and tipping his head downward.

Boredom or loneliness...he wasn't entirely sure.

Oops lol

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 10:20 PM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
Slaine nodded his head when he was thanked by the other man, stepping back to give him a bit of space, though managed to conjure up a small smile to match Schwann's. Despite the smile, however, he didn't exactly trust the other man when he offered that it was okay. But he decided to let it go after the moment, taking sympathy on the man. "It is only out of care for your well being, sir," he replied, though he wasn't really sure how many doctors would actually care about what the man wanted. If he was truly alright, perhaps he would be allowed to go home? At least then he could rest within the walls of his own home. Slaine knew being stuck somewhere and he would do what he could to at least put in a good word for him. Could he do that? He honestly wasn't sure, but it was worth a try.

The teen's eyes had followed Schwann's when he looked at the folded uniform and the scabbard only to snap back at the man's words. A knight's name. Noble. Slaine blinked, opening his mouth and shutting as words struggled on his tongue. "Oh-!" came out, a soft blurt as his cheeks colored and his eyes flickered down. The comment, meant -of course- in good nature, sent him back to the corridors of the Landing Castles, Cruhteo's cane and the echo of Saazbaum's proclamation only days before Slaine wore red himself. Sir Slaine Troyard. That's all he had ever wanted once in his life; to prove himself worthy of the Vers empire and of his Princess Asseylum. Only to find out, later, that titles and power meant nothing when everything else caught fire around you and the one person who you cared for above all else was gone.

"Thank you, sir," his voice was a little softer though he brought up a smile for the other man, accepting the words for what they had been meant as: a compliment, a comment on what his name had once meant: power. Something he no longer craved.

Helping those who couldn't help themselves. Again, he had to wonder if it was all just in attempt of cleaning his ledger. He hoped he was a better person than that, to be doing this because he truly wished to help rather than simply doing it in order to reach otherwise unobtainable goals. "I just hope to be of service to someone here," said Slaine and there may have been a tinge of that old desire: to be worthy of something. Catching the tease in the next of the man's words, he offered a weak smile in return. "Maybe it is loneliness rather than boredom, if you don't mind my saying, sir," he said, the last added quickly when he realized he might have spoken out of turn. He knew about loneliness, knew about the bottomless pit it could be. Threatening to swallow you up even when surrounded by humanity.

What a curse it was.

503 words for schwann || look idk i'm tired

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 01:03 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Out of care for his well-being. The former knight slowly dipped his head into a nod. Of course. he thought to himself, it always had been, his well-being....he only wished it something he could learn to care for himself. 'I've been dead too long, something like that really shouldn't be wasted on the likes of me. Save it for someone else kid.' He thought to himself, chewing on the inside of his lip a little before forcing a small smile again.

“I'm flattered then, really, you seem to actually care a bit more compared to some of the people working here.” he replied softly.

Schwann blinked several times when the boy seemed either caught off guard or surprised by his statement. Maybe something else completely? He tilted his head a little to the side and watched him before managing another weak smile. “It is of no problem.” he almost wasn't sure if he should apologize or not....

He raised the glass again to finish the rest of the water before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He needed to shave. His eyes narrowed a little at the thought; he disliked being so unkempt. Not that he considered himself a real-knight by any means but even a pretend knight should keep itself tidy and well-groomed. Speaking of. he rubbed a hand through his hair trying to remove some of it from his face. That was a problem too...

More reasons to add to his list of why he disliked being stuck in places like this that couldn't do any good anyway!

His attention was pulled back by Slaine's voice. 'I just hope to be of some service to someone here.' “You have been, thank you.” he smirked softly before blinking once or twice again. Bright emerald eyes were locked on Slaine's face a moment before closing and resting. There was a slight tugging in his chest. 'Your loneliness or mine...?' he almost voiced aloud but managed to swallow it down.

“Maybe you are correct.” he smiled weakly his brows pinching in the middle as he peered back up at him. Moving to place the glass on the table next to his bed he then folded his hands against one of his knees and watched him.

“Though it is my belief everyone in Avalon is at least a little lonely.” he remarked. Being pulled away from their friends, families, familiar surroundings. It all made sense. “Are you, Mr. Troyard?”

Sorry this is a very meh post...

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 02:43 PM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
He seemed to care more than the others that worked there? Slaine's face twisted in confusion, his brows drawing together and lips turning down at the corners. Was it not their job to care about their patients? Not that Slaine had ever really been in a hospital situation before. Any bruises he'd acquired during his time with Cruhteo had healed themselves and had the count ever broken bones, Slaine had been sent to see one of the Cruhteo's vassals to set and bind it. But the man had been relatively careful not to break too many bones, lest the princess find out the true reason for his bruises as Asseylum's favor of him had never been a secret. Despite his silent wishes, his princess had always been somewhat vocal of her care. Not that many Versians paid her much heed despite her titles.

As it was, Slaine dipped his head. "I do what I can, sir," he offered, even more determined to do whatever he could for those in the hospital, if the other attendants really didn't care. Especially Schwann. He liked the man even though they hadn't spoken outside their current conversation. But he seemed a good man and it did make his lips curl into that same weighted, but no less genuine smile, as Schwann told him he was of service to him. It was not as if Slaine wished this to wipe away his wrongs - he didn't want to forget what he had done. He wanted them to remain forefront, as they were currently sliding to be in his mind despite his waking up in an otherwise decent mood. He only wished to make a change with the time he had.

"Though it is my belief everyone in Avalon is at least a little lonely. Are you Mr. Troyard?"

There were several times in those two lines that made the white haired teen and former count pause. Of course the formality (that perhaps reminded him too much of Harklight) brought a weight to his chest and the words: "There is no need for that. Slaine is all right, sir," along with a somewhat sheepish smile. But then the question came back, words tumbling through his mind over and over, driving a stake through his heart. He knew what loneliness felt like. He had felt it in the lengthening shadows of the prison and in the grime of the rock, splayed in patterns he had memorized a week into his solitude. He knew it in the sad clink of the chess piece against the board and the cold sunlight leaching in through the hall window which he always marched by too quickly to truly see out of. He knew it in the words, the news from the guards' lips. The cold truth that the entire war, the assassination: all of it was on him. He knew it in the way his cheeks were wet with tears and his throat sore from screaming when he woke in the middle of the night, clutching to his medallion and cursing the rapid beating of his heart.

He knew it in his whispered wishes for death.

Even here, in Avalon, with Asseylum's smile in his kitchen, there was the weight. He was so close and yet so far from her in all moments. Heaven save him. "Like you said," he offered weakly, "aren't we all?" And his smile was sad, slipping away as quick as it had come.

586 words for schwann || maybe it's a little bit better than the first time but it's still ass. I'm so sorry. XD I can add if there's not something here to reply to. Just let me know!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 10:22 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

“And modest too.” Schwann made the comment without much thought shortly after the boy had spoken. Soft and polite. He had tried to put cracks in his outer shell, escape the well-maintained coldness he had for so long had. Coldness that protected him and perhaps still did from the outside world. Maybe it was because of those children that he could not keep that front up any longer, or at least not as strong as he managed in the past. Schwann still had to exist though, it was the only way he knew how to put his skill to use for others. Always a slave to the knights perhaps.

He offers another small smirk. “Slaine then, Schwann is fine, no shared formalities from you either, then, alright?” he watched him quietly for an extended period of time before folding his hands together and letting his eyes slip away. He doubted he would ever find need for....no, his name was Schwann... Oltorain.

His eyes attempt to make their way up the walls and then his brow furrows and his fingers tighten around the bed sheets. His mind slips and wanders for a moment to that time when he was so much younger sitting there waking up in the clinic. He had cried for his friends, for his family, for his fallen knights. Begged for death, even prayed for it, attempted it. Alexei should have let him die, should have left him to die, should have let him end it there. He isn't sure which the bigger insult is; his friend and savior forcing him to live to use him later like the puppet he felt he was to for his own ambitions, or force him to live. Alexei had once been a good man, and for a brief minute he had seen that man again moments before he....

Schwann's eyes had dulled at some point, his hair falling back across his face. At some point his hand had found itself resting over his chest, fingers tangling in the loose wrinkles of his shirt and gripping it tightly. Blink. Be finally blinked several times and then shifted back. How long had he... he shook hishead and then sighed softly brushing his hands through his hair removing it from his face only for several loose locks to fall back into place. He faked a smile, nothing was wrong, after all. He just....needed to leave this place sooner than later for his own health.

”Maybe so.” he replied looking back to Slaine. “But I think you have managed to ease it some. Thank you.” he rubbed the back of his neck before echoing a small sigh. “I should learn to enjoy the time off, though when I return to the Guard headquarters, I know I will probably have much more work to do.....in paper form, but it still makes it hard to relax.” he pressed his fingers to his brow. “Have you found work outside of tending to boring old people?” he wondered, hoping the question wasn't a terrible one to ask. He wasn't very good at small-talk but it kept his mind from wandering.

Tired post, I am so sorry >_<

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 12:18 AM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
His heart thumped painfully against his rib-cage, his breathing hard. Perhaps Schwann was truly trying to smother him with the soft words of praise. Noble. Modest. Slaine did not feel like either of those things, the memory of tyranny and selfishness all too palpable. What would a knight, an honorable man like Schwann think of Slaine if he knew the teen's background, what he done all in the name of "his dearest Princess Asseylum". What a twisted dream he'd lived, caught behind the bars of his inability to let go, to breathe the air she did not. "I appreciate it, sir," he replied softly, offering what he hoped looked like a genuine smile without too much of the signature sadness he saw when he looked in the mirror.

"Oh, right. Yes, si-Schwann." It seemed, in Avalon, everyone was content with first names. Even his princess had requested he call her Asseylum and it was still something he struggled with. His entire life had went by with him calling her by titles, even in their lonesome in the halls of the Versian palace he had been formal with her, never daring to imagine what would happen if Cruhteo had come around the corner in the exact moment that he chose to allow the walls to come down and call her by her true name, unaccompanied by formalities. He thought it to himself in the nights alone, trying to control the tears from the sting of bruises and welts across his spine and rib-cage. But never did he allow himself to voice it aloud. "I apologize, it may take me some time to get used to that," a somewhat lopsided smile and an apologetic dip of his head.

That's just about when he lost the man, someone he was fast coming to like. His hair, quite a bit darker than Slaine's own pale locks, had fallen over his face and a hand gripped into the fabric of his hospital shirt, causing Slaine to step forward, brows dipping in concern. "Schwann, sir? Is everything alright?" Had he known what he had looked like in those lost moments in the prison, he might have known that look. The remembering, the pain in memories and the broken wishes in wanting the life that you had back or perhaps even the people you'd had back. But he only saw the man in something that appeared to be pain, which he didn't wish to see. Though his thoughts seemingly derailed at Schwann's next words and his smile was much more genuine, much softer than it had been before.

"I am glad to have been of service to you," he replied with a dip of his head. Though, at that moment, he made the decision to continue helping this man. He didn't really quite know why but he liked the man and if he was lonely... Well, perhaps Slaine could do something to continuously ease that ache? "If you ever need anything, sir, even after you leave here, please... Do not hesitate to ask it of me." He truly met it, and hoped his earnesty came through in his words.

"You are hardly boring, sir," replied Slaine, "but no. This is the only work I currently have. I do wish you luck with the paper work though." He offered a weak smile, and a hopeless shrug. There had never been much in the way of paperwork in the landing castles. Even in the middle of a war, it was more communication and battle strategy. It had been shared vocally through their meetings or sent by word of mouth through the others. He glanced down briefly and then back up. "I did not know many good men where I am from, sir.... I am glad that Avalon has a guard of your likeness in its ranks."

637 words for schwann || this feels really bleh and i'm so sorry.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 12:13 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Schwann watched the youth quietly for a few seconds before giving his head a gentle shake. “Quite alright, formalities are not an easy thing to simply brush away. Both in respect and in habit.” At least it had always been for himself, at least with out constantly reminding himself. It seems in Avalon most people did not expect the added respect from someone who held an actual title here; as none before seemed to hold any value. Some people were insulted by this while others were more than happy to cast away their formal shacks. Royalty, knights, and civilians all mingled without many boundaries.

He wasn't entirely sure if that was good or bad.

Avalon was a strange place; without it he would not have had the chance to meet such amazing people. Without it he would not have his second chance at redemption.... without it would he be alive? How likely was it that he would have died buried under that pile of rubble. Tired, broken, cold, alone.

He blinked a few times as Slaine's voice reached his ears helping to draw him from his thoughts and gaining a look up at him again. He realized a few moments later he had all but clawed at his chest and forced his fingers to uncurl from his shirt. Breathe. he reminded himself quietly and then slowly gave up a small nod of his head and placed a hand on the back of his shirt. “My apologies....It seems my mind escaped me for a moment.”

Allowing himself a small smirk he nodded at Slaine. “Poor taste, but thank you.” he remarked his voice changing slightly to an almost teasing sound before he gimped away and breathed in deeply. Though seconds later he as drawing his eyes back upon Slaine blinking several times before swallowing. Touched, flattered, mildly embarrassed? He wasn't entirely sure. He managed a small nod. “That's...hm... very noble of you. Of course, I extend the same offer....and of course as my job.”

He echoed a soft chortle as Slaine wished him luck with the paper. Though moments later when Slaine made his final comment Schwann shifted his face appearing somewhat blank as he tipped it downward for once hoping his hair would hide some of his features, or simply not thinking at all. His heart ached. Why? Why did some stranger... he struggled to remind himself to breathe for a second. Good men.. but he wasn't...he ...wasn't... his hand twitched at his side before he managed a pained smile. “I...will do my best then.”

He took a few moments to try and brush himself off before looking to Slaine again and slowly slowly reaching out to put a hand on top of his head if the boy allowed it. “You must be an angel or a reaper ….to have come here sounding so nice.” his face appeared deadpan as he gently ruffled the kid's hair before smirking a bit devious or brokenly with a slight twitch to one brow. Maybe he had died after all? In all truth though... he didn't deserve this kindness from a complete stranger.

Stop breaking each other, dudes

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 01:56 AM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
There was relief in knowing that the other male understood and would not take Slaine's continued use of 'sir' as a sign of not listening but simply as habit, respect. It was, however, something that Slaine was likely to continue using. The other man deserved his respect and Slaine didn't know how else to show it save calling him 'sir'. Though perhaps what they both wanted (maybe even needed) was the lack of formalities. That flickered faintly across Slaine's thoughts and he glanced downwards.

"It is quite alright, sir," he replied softly, offering up a weak smile. He had simply been worried the other man was feeling faint again and he wouldn't have wanted to just stand there as it happened. If that were the case, he would have gone to get a doctor to help, or shouted out into the hall for one, now unsure of leaving a man who felt faint. Though, thankfully, that hadn't been the case. To Slaine, it seemed as though the other man was as just as consumed by thoughts as the boy himself. Perhaps they weren't that different after all.

He dipped his head instead of speaking the 'you're welcome' aloud and smile a bit at the other. Though his response to Slaine's words sent him into a dark hall of loud anxiety and sudden hoping that he hadn't overstepped with his offer. "I... Thank you sir." Another faint smile and a dip of his head. What a pair they were.

As the weight of Schwann's hand settled upon the top of Slaine's head, his chest constricted and his airways felt tight all of a sudden. It was his turn to tilt his head downwards, a few locks of white hair falling across his brow as his eyes squeezed shut, holding in the tremor of unexpected feeling that wished to course through him. He was thrown back to the beginning, to his father doing the same thing, testing his height, laughing as his son grew or just simply ruffling his hair when Slaine complained about his father's lack of time spent outside his office. Blinking his eyes and clearing his throat, he reopened his eyes to glance at the other man. He was no angel. He knew that much just by breathing. He had done things in his past and ... He was not an angel.

The reaper then. It buried deep in his soul and flashing through his mind's eye he saw them again. Trillram. Kaizuka. Saazbaum. Marylcian. So many others. So many others he had sent to their deaths. His heart clenched. Harklight. Barouhcruz. And how he blamed himself for Cruhteo. For Asseylum's missing memories. "I fear I must be the reaper then," he whispered even through the constricts of the rising tears that had become wedged his throat. Those words came out at the same moment Schwann ruffled his hair and it took everything within him not to break down before the man. He couldn't. The other hadn't asked for him to come in and cry all over him.

508 words for schwann || they really do have to stop breaking each other, like jeeeez guys

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 06:49 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

The old knight raised his hand to scratch through his hair and then rest on the back of his neck. Sir. It was fine he was ore or less used to it by now, maybe he just wanted to escape sometimes, pretend that he wasn't some knight or really anyone to be respected. Much like 'that' man who warranted slight hate from his companions at time and yet they loved him, but there wasn't any respect perhaps. But he didn't really deserve any. Schwann tried to push those thoughts away and focus on the young man again.

He would have had to be blind to notice the boy's reaction and his heart sank in his chest his brow furrowed and he chewed the outside of his lip while the boy's eyes were transfixed else where. Why was it he wanted to yell, and shout for him? His chest ached again as he gently rubbed once more before returning his hand to his knee. Pretending mostly to have not noticed as his face became placid again but it only lasted for seconds before Schwann closed his eyes his brow wrinkling again.

A reaper.

He hated looking at himself at most times..... looking in the mirror and seeing faces staring back at him. His father, Damuron, Casey, Alexei, Don, Yeager, and Raven's faces staring back at him. How many mirrors had he broken, how many cuts on his chest and hands just to silence those already quiet ghosts. 'Mock me, do something, don't just stare at me like that!' Until it all became so numb he simply did not care anymore or at least not often. It required too much energy....too much investment. He was only human because he was trapped inside a mortal body.... mortal..? No it was something else.

“We can be reapers together.” the words slipped past his lips and his mind came to a screeching halt. Silence...finally. It was possibly a mistake to catch Slaine's brightly colored eyes, for once not seeing his reflection in his eyes but it was something else that reminded him of himself. That young man sitting in that hospital bed so many years ago asking why they hadn't just killed him. Why hadn't they let him die. Toy soldier, there wasn't much room left to wonder.

He placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and then managed a small smile. “Unfortunately so. And there is one cure for the blues of being an angel of death. And that is.....” he closed his eyes and then opened one of them. “Ice cream.” he couldn't believe himself...acting this way...almost like him. Schwann chuckled softly. “I was considering walking down to the cafeteria... would you like to join me?”

Ughhh sorry i got tired of fighting my pc so this is meh

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Slaine Troyard
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 11:33 PM
Human
Eighteen
Hospital Volunteer
Vitreus
136 posts
Silence
Eastern / Online
Slaine Troyard

BUT IT'S ALL A DREAM,
It was all to easy too place himself back in that cell. He remembered the beach, the wind whipping through his hair and his eyes staring into the barrel of a gun. Just one twitch of his enemy's finger would end his life. Never had he wished so much for release, for death. He was more than ready to feel the bullet bite into his brain, end him in one flash of light and a single crash of thunder. It never happened. It never happened and he can still remember the rage that rose up inside him as handcuffs closed around his wrists, how he shouted his throat raw but instead of death he got iron bars and a blue prison jumpsuit. The first night, he thought it was the worst. Then the other nights passed, wearing him down bit by bit.

"We can be reapers together."

The words broke through to him and his head raised, his lips parting and again the sting of tears came to his eyes. How... he wanted to ask. How do live? Even with Asseylum... Sometimes breathing was so hard... In the darkness of the night with the suffocating pain. And it was never him in those dreams. Never did he have dreams of dying, not anymore. Now it was watching all those he had killed die again, watching himself as if an outsider. He watched... God.. He watched so much blood spill across the floor of his dreams and wake with the imaginary warmth across his hands and there was nothing he could do but sob into his hands, such actions choking him in his attempts to remain quiet. Though nothing was truly as painful as knowing his men had died but he hadn't been allowed to die with them.

The hand at his shoulder solidified him and he swallowed, taking a deep breath, glancing at the man. A cure? His lips parted to question after that. What cure could there be for someone like- Oh. He blinked slightly at the words. Ice cream. A soft little laugh pooled in his throat and came out like a puff of air. "Forgive me, si- Schwann," a little smile, "I haven't had ice cream in years..." It felt like an entire lifetime since his father had taken him out to the parlor in town. Vaguely he could recall it, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew it had happened but the details were no longer there, smudged and blurred from the passing of time.

"But, yes. I would very much like to join you, thank you." He dipped his head and waited for the other to lead the way, walking at his side but a half a step behind him. It was habit, though he tried to reason it was also in case the other felt faint.

474 words for schwann || ugh this is a mess, i'm sorry

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 07:52 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Haunted. Maybe that was the word for it. Schwann couldn't claim to know any more about Slaine than the boy had told him. But it was that look in his eyes and his words that seemed to speak volumes. He hoped he wasn't wrong for thinking so much or maybe he did. Damuron had been the same, lying in that hospital bed, asking his only remaining friend why...why he had been left alive. In the end Damuron and that friend... died.

Schwann had finally died too...yet... It seemed as if there was no escape for people like him. At least not in death, so, he did what he could and served his time here in this world.

But maybe there was hope for this boy? Or maybe he was a hypocrite.

The older man gently shook his head. “It is quite alright, truly. I would like to say that I understand, but maybe that sounds foolish.” he rested his eyes before looking back up and offering with a small chuckle. Ice cream. it was hardly a cure, but kids liked the stuff, he hoped maybe it would help a little. Sweets weren't a big deal to the older man, but partaking once in a while wouldn't be so terrible. Besides it would get them both out of this small cell. “If anyone argues you are not working, you are escorting an old man to make sure he does not fall down the stairs... or something.” he managed a teasing smirk.

Schwann stood up brushing off his pants and smoothing out his shirt reaching up with both hands to adjust the collar as well. He then led the way wondering a moment why the younger strayed behind at first but then decided not to apply question to it. Wait where was the cafeteria again? The older man deadpanned and shifted his gaze along. It took a moment or two (or some direction from his new friend) to return to the right path leading down. The room opened up and a few different scents filled the air. Nothing like home cooked meals but they weren't too dreadful, then again maybe they were, he had learned to ration himself during the war and after.

Once they'd found their target Schwann ended up with simple vanilla, which wasn't too bad. “Choose anything you like.” he commented to the boy before waiting for him to make a choice before going to sit down and sighing softly. “It feels good just to get away from there a little while. Thank you.” his eyes drifted over the other people meandering around the cafeteria. It wasn't too busy but the sight and sounds had added a comfort against the typical white noise.

first tired post of the day lol

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Welcome to the Apocalypse! Save Me Yuri Roleplay L&O STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP BORROW THE MOONLIGHT N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW

Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by evvie of cttw & SHINE