Waitress
Animus
83 posts
Luna
EST / Offline
Ellen Reid

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
Ellen knew that it wasn't necessarily safe to go too far out of not just the city but the town by herself but she'd done well out here before. She just wanted a small bit of fresh air and these plains were rather close to Vorick. If anything, this place should be safe, at least to a degree. She considered veering off towards the forest again, though thoughts of what had happened last time kept her back. She didn't need to be attacked by another wolf. Best to be safe rather than sorry. Perhaps this was a mistake as a whole. She ought to be out doing her job searching again, but trying to do that day in and day out without the right results just yet made it a bit of a dampener to keep going out to do. A peaceful walk out in the wilderness, that was what she needed. Time away from others, peace and quiet. Maybe she could find a rock out here to perch on and relax for a few hours. She had a small bag over her shoulder with her sketch book. If she was truly lucky, she'd manage to get something drawn.

Slowly, she found herself getting lost in her own thoughts. Drifting between art and work. Perhaps she could just start selling her artwork, it'd at least be good for a little bit, until she could lad a real job. Would it provide enough money to help with the rent though? That was the true question. She partly doubted it. Who would actually buy them, anyway? She'd need to start painting again if she thought she could sell anything. Landscapes did well to be sold to restaurants, didn't they? That could certainly be a possibility. Her pace started to slow as she considered that. No, she'd just go to one of the restaurants and ask for a position as a waitress. She'd considered it a couple of times already, might as well actually go through with it at this point. There was a nice cafe in Solum she could always work at.

Thoughts drifted away again as she came to a stop, her eyes focused forward. She'd been looking for a rock to rest on and, for a second, she had thought she'd seen one. But what she saw ahead was certainly no rock she could imagine. She watched it curiously. A... lion? But something seemed odd about it, almost like the sort of thing she would have seen in Warcadia. So metallic, like a machine. If it was a folk, it was the biggest she'd ever seen that didn't get qualified as a Folklore. She thought back to her almost being attacked by the wolves and, just for a second, thought this could be a bad idea. But if it was a folk, she'd rather give it a home within herself than let it stay out here. So she approached with caution. "Are you out here all alone?" she called to the creature, knowing it wouldn't be able to answer. She didn't know that there was someone else there, though, just out of her field of vision.

This starter is so bad >///< I'm so sorry. Lemme know if I should change or add or anything!

--------------------
user posted image
omg amazing signature by silence <3
PM
^
Takashi Shirogane
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 12:42 PM
Human
Law Enforcement
Ordo
53 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
Takashi Shirogane

Shiro had quickly discovered that most places on this planet were too small to maneuver the Black Lion, so he'd been forced to fly her to wherever he wanted to explore and then go on foot. It wasn't bad since he still had the benefit of his jetpack, but it was less convenient than being able to wander everywhere from the safety and comfort of his lion. Still, he wasn't going to complain. This place was peaceful and apparently untouched by any sort of strife. He was relieved to get a bit of a vacation, even though he felt bad for potentially abandoning everyone back home. For all he knew time had stopped back there or was running much faster here than there, so he hadn't been gone at all or for very long. He'd never know unless he went home, and that seemed unlikely.

He was exploring not too far from his lion when he heard the voice, because he'd wound his way back after heading out for around an hour. It was coming from the general direction of his lion, which wasn't too surprising to him considering she was one of the biggest things in Avalon and she stood out from her surroundings. The shield was still up since he wasn't close enough to lower it, so he wasn't concerned that the lion would come to any harm. Still, he figured the woman deserved a response since the Black Lion was incapable of giving one.

"Not quite," he replied as he stepped out of the underbrush. He wasn't concerned for his safety, but he was always a bit wary around new people considering everything that had happened to him. The last time they'd trusted strangers without questioning it they'd had one of the lions stolen. Hunk wasn't around to pick up on any weird signs, so Shiro was going to have to try to do it on his own.
PM
^
Ellen Reid
 Posted: May 24 2017, 03:34 PM
Messenger
Waitress
Animus
83 posts
Luna
EST / Offline
Ellen Reid

Ellen's steps remained slow and cautious, watching the creature. It hadn't quite occurred to her that there was something around it until she started getting closer. How peculiar. It also didn't seem to be doing much in the way of moving. So it wasn't something that was going to just up and attack her, right? She hoped not. Still, it didn't stop her from tensing just a little bit. A hand wanted to come up to her chest to fiddle with the medallion but she pushed the urge away. There was no need to be nervous. If she truly needed to, she knew that she could use her folk to at least escape. She hoped she could use them to outright fight the beast if she must but she didn't want that outcome in the slightest.

She guessed it was also a bit lucky that it wouldn't need to come to that sort of outcome. Though the sudden sound of a voice wasn't exactly something she'd been expecting. It started her, making her jump ever just a little. Stopping in her tracks, her hand did come up to her medallion this time. She could feel her heartbeat quicken for a moment before she forced ti to calm again with slow deep breathes. "Y-you scared me." As if that wasn't already obvious. Once she managed to calm just a small bit, she took a small step towards him, giving the strange a quick, though hardly subtle, look. "I didn't realize there was anyone else here. I'm... I'm not intruding on anything, am I?" She couldn't quite help but worry now.

Her green eyes flicked from the stranger to the lion again. He was so close to it and he hardly seemed to be put off by it's presence. Was he used to this sort of creature as well? Or maybe even... "Is it yours?" She meant the lion of course, she certainly hoped it was obvious that was what she meant. She knew she shouldn't keep her eyes off of the man himself. Strangers in this world weren't always the nicest, but she figured if something was truly going to bring her harm, it wouldn't be the man but the beast behind him.

and this took a year to get to, so sorry for that. and so sorry it's not a good post >////<

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Takashi Shirogane
 Posted: May 25 2017, 01:13 PM
Human
Law Enforcement
Ordo
53 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
Takashi Shirogane

((Nuuu it's lovely!))

He admittedly felt a bit bad that he'd startled her, but he sort of figured she should have been paying more attention to her surroundings. He tried to be constantly aware of what was going on around him, but it wasn't always possible he knew. Besides, some people just hadn't been conditioned to do that from a young age like he had been. His years of training had taught him well and kept him out of trouble quite a few times. Some people got to live lives where the didn't have to worry about anything though, and sometimes he envied them.

"Sorry," he said apologetically, flashing a brief smile. She took a few steps towards him and he approached as well as she questioned him and his lion's presence. Sensing his approach, the Black Lion activated, the shield falling from around her and her eyes flashing yellow in recognition. He warned her mentally not to move just yet, because he figured that would terrify the girl, and she complied thankfully.

"Yes, she is. This is the Black Lion, and I'm Shiro, it's nice to meet you," he said, offering a hand if she wanted to shake it. He didn't know if they had that tradition on her world, but it was polite and so he'd do it. "And you're not interrupting anything. I like exploring the lands here so that's what I was doing." It was so easy when he could fly around using his lion, and he felt bad for Pidge being stuck with an unresponsive lion. Hopefully they could fix that sooner or later, preferably sooner.
PM
^
Ellen Reid
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 03:07 PM
Messenger
Waitress
Animus
83 posts
Luna
EST / Offline
Ellen Reid

Ellen offered a smile at the apology. "It's alright. I... should have been paying more attention." It seemed to be quite the problem for her. She let herself get too caught up in other things. Thoughts usually, the wonderful sights that she was blessed with in quite a few of these places as well. In this case, it was a mix of a few things but, at its root this time, it was the behemoth of a lion that she was all too curious about. How such a creature could be before her eyes quite the shock. She was still partially convinced that it could be a folklore of some sort. Fortunately, if it was, it was one that wasn't attempting an attack. Something that just made the creature that much more curious to her.

But not nearly as much more ads be great told that it did indeed belong to this man. That she rather. What sort of person could keep a creature like that? It certainly didn't seem like the easiest creature to keep close. "She's rather lovely," she mused softly before realizing there was a hand offered to her. Oh right. She gently took his hand into hers, giving a small shake. "My name is Ellen. It's a pleasure to meet you." She let her eyes shift back to the lion again, wondering if it would understand her if she spoke to it. Pulling her hand away, she offered the lion a small wave. "And a pleasure to meet you as well, Black Lion." More so a pleasure to meet that creature, though she wouldn't say that.

She wanted to move closer to the creature though she stayed where she was. Exploring? Right, so not totally interrupting. If anything, she was doing the same. Although her exploring was for a medium to attempt to sketch out before heading home. A dangerous medium, it seemed, but that was hardly a point. "I was worried I might have been intruding on your..." What was the word she was looking for? "Camp." Close enough. "There is so much to his place, it must be hard to see it all." If she wasn't so nervous of what sort of trouble could befell her, she'd do a bit more exploring herself. Best trouble at least attempt to stick closer to safety, though. She knew what sort of trouble she could get into. "I saw your lion and thought she might have been something from my world but... I guess not." Though it would have been nice. She wasn't sure she actually needed to get reason for her coming this way, but it was right to offer it up, yes?

<: hope this is alright~

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Takashi Shirogane
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 04:43 PM
Human
Law Enforcement
Ordo
53 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
Takashi Shirogane

Though Shiro agreed that she should have been paying attention (because that was generally a good idea even if you knew exactly where you were and what was around you) he refrained from making a comment. That would just be rude, and rude wasn't exactly his style. Instead he just didn't say anything about it since she was right and they both knew it.

"I think so too," he replied of the Black Lion, which was true. He did think she was lovely, and he hadn't known her that long, so he could see why Ellen would think so too. He'd never even imagined of such technology back on Earth, nor would he have ever guessed what would happen to him when he left for Kerberos. Though he would never be the same, and he wished some things had never happened to him, he also wouldn't trade being a Paladin of Voltron for anything in the world. They were doing great things... or they had been. Now he was stuck here and he knew they couldn't form Voltron, so he hoped the other Paladins were doing all right. He had no way to know if they weren't anyway.

The Black Lion remained silent for a long moment when Ellen spoke to her, until Shiro gave her a quiet mental prod to return the greeting. Her eyes flashed a brilliant yellow briefly and she rumbled in response, which was probably better than a full on roar like she usually gave because that would have been loud with how close they were.

Shiro shook his head slightly at the mention of camp. "I usually visit places for a day at most and head back to civilization at nightfall. It's safer that way I've found." Though he didn't have to worry about safety all that much, he still tried to make sure he wasn't doing anything stupid. Besides, he didn't like being out in the middle of nowhere on his own anymore. Last time he'd been out in the middle of nowhere with only a couple other people around he'd gotten abducted and tossed into a gladatorial ring which he was not keen to experience again.

"You have things like her in your world?" he asked, admittedly surprised. Voltron was something he would never have imagined existing, so for her to speak of things potentially like the lions was startling to him. Then again, he supposed her civilization could have been more advanced than theirs.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Indestructible Darkness LIGHT IT UP - A FIRE EMBLEM FATES INSPIRED ROLEPLAY The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Bleach Platinum Hearts For Queen & Crystal Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE HORiZON Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Ironside Welcome to the Apocalypse! Crucify THE PANTHEON: a multifandom RPG Save Me Shelf Space Yuri Roleplay

Avalon's Tumblr panda directory RPG-D Distant Fantasies Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Ruby Wings Listings RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

All of Me ♥ OHaV