3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
129 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Schwann leaned over his desk, his pen gliding smoothly over the parchment placed in front of him. Paperwork, the bane of any government official, but something that needed attention no less. When he first began this his left hand would often drift to the side searching for an inkwell. It rarely happened anymore all thanks to this evolved 'modern' city. Pens never ran out.....they had easy access to water and climate control. In truth he almost felt lazy with all of these luxuries. Breathing deeply the knight sighed softly.

Resting his hand he stifled back a yawn and dropped his bright green gaze to scan over the paper reading through the smooth and controlled curves of well-practiced penmanship. Until his eyes slipped over the name he'd singed with. His eyes widened slightly at the slight change in writing style and the delicate curves of Damuron A- he scratched the name out almost as if seeing it brought him some sort of searing pain. Chewing the inside of his lip with his eyes narrowed he a bit unprofessionally rewrote the name. Schwann Oltorain. Surely they would forgive that considering his work was normally so well-written. Placing the paper under the stack of others he began to carefully flip through checking the signature of each that he had written that day.

Luckily there seemed to be no others in need of changing.

A heavy sigh slipped past his lips in relief. Stacking the papers to the right of his desk he put away his pen and then leaned forward with is elbows resting on the edge his head resting in his hands. Tired....no he was exhausted. The simplistic nature and quiet atmosphere in the HQ today did not serve to help him to proceed with much spirit. He was thankful not to be outside needing to roam the streets for lizardmen, but anything....to keep his mind going and his eyes open at this point. It was growing too tempting to close them as he rested in his chair.

Rubbing his hands through his hair, removing it all from his face a moment, Schwann stared down at the flat surface of his desk. His paper work was finished, until more appeared, and so that left him with little else to do unless he needed to clean up after some of the younger guardsmen. He hoped not, he wasn't their mother, things had gotten considerably better though.

Standing up his arms fell back to his sides as he nudged his chair back under his desk. His hair also fell back into its usual manner around his face. “If anyone has need of me... I will be outside getting some air.” he commented as he passed the front desk and pushed open the front door. This was likely for the best, moving around and getting some air should get his blood moving again. Of course he did not wander far from the building, and remained within the surrounding fenced in yard. Finding walls to lean upon he tipped his head back and stared up at the sky. The infinite bright blue, with a few scattered clouds, quite beautiful.

He might have been lost in thought forever if not hearing movement to the side of him. Straightening himself he turned his attention toward a potentially approaching figure and offered a small nod of greeting.

Open, i figured a guard or someone needing help could pop in. Sorry this post isn't great though.
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)
PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: May 11 2017, 10:06 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
106 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

War was... a little bit pissed. He had been since the whole debacle with the creatures had gone down and it had been proven to him that this place was not safe for its inhabitants. Although, it was perfectly safe for him honestly. He could handle hoards of creatures coming out of the woodwork and attacking, but most he had met here could not. Well, that one guy with the lance whose name War couldn't remember right now probably could, but everyone else... not so much. Needless to say, he'd expected the response from the Avalon Guard to be much more than what he'd seen. Unless it had been somewhere else that he hadn't seen, but right now he wasn't too impressed.

Then again, it was pretty hard to impress a Horseman of the Apocalypse.

He'd been thinking about everything, hanging about in the headquarters, when he heard a nearby door open and turned his attention to the figure who stepped out. Evidently he'd been noticed as well, since the man nodded to him. War forced himself to nod a greeting back, realizing that he had to be sociable now even if that wasn't his thing.

"It's quiet today," he commented, thinking it would serve as an appropriate conversation starter and it had been on his mind to begin with. The guard shouldn't be quiet in his mind, but he had no say in the matter. Their loss, he thought, ignoring one of the greatest tactical minds to walk the realms. Well, that also wasn't his business he supposed. At least this man seemed to know what he was doing.
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: May 17 2017, 01:12 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
129 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Emerald eyes noticed the stranger and attempted to focus on his form. Heavy looking armor, stocky powerful form with a large weapon on his back and red cloak hanging from his shoulder and hooding his head. Though is cloak did nothing to hide his burning bright blue eyes and the long silver-white hair which hung from its opening. An imposing man none the less, who made Schwann feel even more dwarfed than usual.

But the man did not appear to be there to cause trouble at least. Quiet? Schwann thought for a moment before offering a small nod in return. “Yes. I suppose you could say that...a bit slow...” he wasn't sure he should state they were short-handed to a man with a giant sword and potentially the power to do who knows what. He really hoped this guy wasn't going to try and cause trouble, he wasn't confident he could stop him. Not to mention he had shed his armor and sword only leaving his sun-colored uniform coat on and dagger tucked into his belt. No, those odds wouldn't be good.

Schwann swallowed and breathed in before forcing a small smile. “Are you here considering signing up?” he tried to seem friendly. “I haven't seen you around the area before.” he moved away from the wall and took a small half bow. “Schwann Oltorain...third brigade captain....though I suppose it isn't much of one right now...” he straightened himself and moved a hand over the back of his head.

He wasn't sure what to think, but kept himself from letting his thoughts get away from him. He turned his head in the direction of the tower a moment before looking back to War. “Though....maybe you need help...but it almost seems safe to assume not.” he lowered his gaze toward the ground.

War pls dont eat the smoll birb knight
PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: May 18 2017, 02:35 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
106 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

Slow was one way to put it War thought as he nodded slightly, scanning the area around them out of habit. He really doubted anything or anyone was stupid enough to mount an attack in the middle of the guard headquarters, but there was no accounting for some people's stupidity.

"I've been part of the guard for a while," he replied, not blaming the man for never having seen him. Seemed like he might have a desk job of some sort which would mean he didn't get out much, and War was rarely around much. "But I spend most of my time outside the city walls." He was, at best, only loosely affiliated with them he supposed. Might as well have some sort of backing for his wandering around protecting the balance as he saw it, even if the Guard never actually signed off on anything. It was unlikely he'd ever allow anyone besides his siblings to tell him what to do again.

"War," he replied by means of introduction, but he wondered if the man would take it that way or not. At any rate, he was in a conversation now so what else was he supposed to do? He had to figure out something he supposed.

"Yes, I have no need of assistance," he agreed. It was a rare day that he was, and he couldn't think of many beings that would be able to help him if he actually did require it. Even worse, most of those beings weren't even in Avalon, though he knew full well there were people here who could handle the sort of things he could. He'd sparred against one of them for goodness sakes.

((But what if he wants to? o.o ))
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: May 20 2017, 10:35 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
129 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Schwann's face fell a little, his brow furrowing as he tipped his head a little forward in defeat. Even though the man explained most of his time was spent outside the city, Schwann felt a churning sense of embarrassment for not having met the man or at least recognizing him. Rubbing a hand down his face he then brushed it back removing some hair from his face with a small apologetic smile. “My apologies sir.” He nodded slowly. “I- know someone who often ventures beyond the walls too.” While Raven wasn't a guard he did his fair share of traveling. But Schwann was rather sure they hadn't either.

Truly he was still surprised he hadn't heard stories of this man...

War. The name settled like a rock in his stomach. It was, after all, just a name and yet held so much weight. Maybe it was simply because war itself had been a huge part of his life or maybe it was just because the name was all too fitting for the intimidating figure standing before him now. “It is a pleasure, War.” he allowed himself no judgment.

“I must admit to my embarrassment, some captain I've been...but welcome none the less.” his emerald eyes slipped from the figure before him. It was almost as if War's glowing hue could see right through him. It felt....oddly disconcerting he resisted the urge to reach up and rub at his chest to sooth an old wound. Instead he folded his arms behind his back. Schwann wasn't particularly good at small-talk or socializing he simply was not created to be... and yet in this world he often tried and usually still couldn't find the words to say.

No assistance, what was it that War needed then? Schwann's eyes drifted upon him again observantly. “Gear perhaps or....have you a report to share?” he inquired politely.

LOL eating people is rude, War

PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 05:41 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
106 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

War ducked his head slightly, hiding his features in the shadow of his hood to hide the smirk that crossed his face at the man's obvious embarrassment. Not everyone could be omniscient thankfully, because the world would be chaos if they could be (or would it be completely peaceful) and he was pleased that those who stood "above" him didn't know everything of his comings and goings or even of his presence. It was nice, to not be known for a change. He'd finally gotten used to not having to hide when he roamed the streets, nor having to listen for the sound of winged creatures approaching. It was nice not having "Horseman!" screamed at him before he had to fight for his life. If there was one word he could use to describe this place compared to his home world, it was peaceful.

"It is good to be back," he admitted. He certainly had nothing to worry about while he was here, because here he was surrounded by like-minded individuals. Sometimes he could even find someone to spar with, though that was more of a rarity. The people here were smart enough to recognize his strength unlike many, many people he'd run into in the other towns and cities populating the world.

"Merely recuperating from the invasion," he replied. He had no one to report to, nor any reason to, nor did he have any information to share that could possibly be useful. "That and seeing if anyone was interested in a sparring match." The two ideas didn't really go together, but considering he gained strength from being in battle and he doubted there was anyone here who could give him an actual fight, it was probably an easy way to regain some of his strength if need be.

Or he could go out and find Death, but that wasn't going to be very helpful.
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 03:00 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
129 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Schwann dipped his head with a nod at War's comment on being back. “Though I imagine seeing all that Avalon has to offer is nice in its own way. It beats sitting behind a desk.” his face fell some as he echoed a soft sigh at the concept. War wasn't a captain, he knew this much, it was relatively easy to keep track of the five of them. Though it was almost a question as to why he wasn't one. Though this guy likely liked his freedom from the sounds of it.

Another small nod, eyes drifting to the ground for a moment. “Those monsters...they have to be spawning up here somehow, or summoned maybe, it is peculiar...” he folded his arms comfortably over his chest and leaned back on the wall again. “Enjoy your time in the city for a little while then if you like.” he gently waved is hand upward, his voice still calm and polite. Trying to speak to this man as if he was some ordinary person, knowing he wasn't, Schwann wondered if his attempt to be respectful and treat him as such wasn't somehow more disrespectful...?

Schwann stared, almost as if taken back, but refused to gape at the man. Sparring.... He raised a hand to rub the back of his head giving it a small sheepish scratch for a moment as his brow wrinkled together. Was there anyone who could possibly keep up with this man's strength? Not to mention the weight of that giant sword. Schwann's eyes trailed over War's form again which...caused a small smirk to appear there.

“Well.....I offer......though you have me doubting my ability....I suppose that either makes me a coward....without confidence of his own ability...or incredibly inteligent.” he rolled one shoulder. “Lost in boredom though...I would take you up on that...If you think I could keep up.” He smirked softly his brow raised. He wasn't stupid, War looked like he could easily crush him, without needing to even think twice about it. Nor did he really need any other proof the man wasn't human either. So the offer stood, though he wasn't entirely sure how well it would go...

War VS Schwann's whole 5'3-ness......-snort-
PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 07:21 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
106 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

War had to wonder what was keeping the man behind a desk if he didn't want to be. He was a person of authority within the guard, that much was obvious, so why couldn't he do what he pleased? Yes, they needed paper pushers and people to do reports and logistics because no army could survive without them, but it was generally preferred that they enjoyed such a task in his mind. People who didn't have a passion for what they were doing or who were distracted could make mistakes more easily, and that was one thing no one could afford. "Why not travel then?" he asked, not judging but legitimately curious.

The man's comment about the monsters showed just why he was here, being a captain of the Guard. He was smart, obviously, and War could respect that. He nodded in agreement. "There must be some reason for it. Finding out that reason would be useful to stopping them and protecting the people of this world, but I believe things are not as simple as that." He doubted they even could found out why the creatures were showing up or even where they came from. It was as much of a mystery as what this place was.

War almost made a sarcastic comment about being glad he had the man's permission to wander about as he pleased (because really who was going to stop him?) but he refrained because he actually respected this man and he had to admit that the man was being respectful of him. He could have, by rights, given him orders that he would have had to obey because technically this man stood above him, but he hadn't. Maybe he was afraid to, who knew, but that wasn't the point.

The Horseman had to smile (not unkindly) at the man's obvious discomfort with suggesting they spar. "I assure you I am capable of not injuring my partners," he commented, though he supposed he would be best off fighting the man without Chaoseater if he wanted to stand as little as possible of a chance of hurting him.
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 02:52 AM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
129 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Schwann smiled softly. Why not travel. If only he could say that he did, he traveled at times, even though he wasn't always himself when he did. It was complicated and likely just better left to wonder. “Perhaps I will, I've been to Vorick, I can imagine the rest of Avalon is just as wonderful and mysterious. Dangerous, and that is why I am often needed here.” he gently waved a hand outward.

The price of being...a knight it seemed.

“Indeed.” He agreed he shifted his eyes over the city before them and then closed them while folding his arms over his chest. “Something....drawing them in or maybe even an outside force placing them here. Monsters do not usually choose to so recklessly attack... I have no intention or ability to rid the wilds completely of them, nor do I feel that is something we need to do....however...” his thoughts drifted for a moment. “Another Avalon mystery I am afraid; for now at least though perhaps not for long.”

He smirked softly one brow crooked. As if he or perhaps many others in the guard actually stop this man. Schwann was more than pleased to have him on the same side in that case. It was likely War could detect that he had a similar thought about the offer but remained silent. Manners over....well.... the obvious or something like that.

He laughed softly, a bit embarrassed maybe, that he'd been caught. He was only human, to not feel intimidated even a little but War's bulk would render him a fool. “I'm sure.” he turned to begin walking toward the training yard. “There are practice weapons of all sizes though I doubt you will find one to replace the weight of yours. But maybe something....close.” he doubted it, or at least the massive blade looked heavy, perhaps to its owner it was as if he were waving a stick around.

Green eyes scanned over the practice weapons, some were made of wood, others were made of blunt metal, or durable plastic. More for weight and for the incredible capabilities most people in this world seemed to have. Schwann almost felt unfortunate to be so.... ordinary.

Short late night posts for the win >.>

PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:44 am
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
106 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

It was true that there was a need for every type of person in any sort of army. They needed those who would go out on the front line as much as they needed those who stayed behind and coordinated everything. War, generally, could function in either capacity though he preferred to be on the front lines as much as possible. He was more the sort to plan things out beforehand and then throw himself into the thick of battle, where planning became utterly pointless. "This place seems mostly peaceful, but when it is not..." War trailed off, for the rest of the statement was rather obvious.

War thought he could rid the wilds completely of the monsters, but at the same time it would take him quite a while, and Avalon was a large place. It was entirely possible that they were entering the world at a faster rate than even he could possibly eliminate them. Besides, some were tolerable so long as they didn't show their faces and try to make trouble. It was entirely possible to live peacefully beside certain creatures if only they played by the rules and didn't make eating people a hobby.

Taking a moment to glance over the training weapons, War absently reached back for Chaoseater and swung it experimentally, typically not having to pay attention to its weight or heft. If he was going to be replacing it with a less deadly weapon (which was probably an excellent idea if he wanted to be fair) then he'd have to try to find something with a similar weight. Even though that was likely impossible and he'd feel like he was twirling around a twig no matter what he did because generally weapons weren't created with his abilities in mind.

Approaching the weapon racks, War leaned Chaoseater against them, waiting for a second to see if they could support the weight of it, before picking up a metal sword that seemed as though it might be the heaviest. It was smaller than what he was used to, obviously, so that was going to take some adjustments because he'd have to get in closer. Not that such a thing was a concern for him. He could fight someone with a bladed weapon and not be too worried about it thanks to his armor.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Indestructible Darkness LIGHT IT UP - A FIRE EMBLEM FATES INSPIRED ROLEPLAY The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Bleach Platinum Hearts For Queen & Crystal Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE HORiZON Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Ironside Welcome to the Apocalypse! Crucify THE PANTHEON: a multifandom RPG Save Me Shelf Space Yuri Roleplay

Avalon's Tumblr panda directory RPG-D Distant Fantasies Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Ruby Wings Listings RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

All of Me ♥ OHaV