|Avalon||Help Search Members Calendar Tagbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
The Winter Maze & Spire
Mini Event #9
It has returned; pulled from their beds, streets, work, or the wilds. People are greeted with the same familiarity of waking up in some place unfamiliar. It is still Avalon, but strangers and friends alike find themselves in location that had previously gone undiscovered. They wake to a cold chill on their skin, and towering walls surrounding them in every direction. It does not take long to discover the truth; that they are each lost in a sizable maze. Though escaping it seems to be far more difficult than appearing here. The grounds are often frozen. There are also numerous traps and creatures to deal with, not to mention those whom may be inclined to believe if they are the last person standing they may walk away from it all as 'winner'. Whats worse? The tools and abilities someone may have used to escape seem inaccessible...
To some this is a returning nightmare while others are experiencing it for the first time. The difference this time however is the large crystal spire reaching far above that can be seen from almost anywhere in the maze. Moving closer to the spire reveals a door with a gem-shaped keyhole. The key? Well it is located somewhere in the maze.
To be continued....
GUIDE & RULES
1. Full list of rules can be found here. Please read them carefully and consider them before joining. Please feel free to ask the staff any questions you may have.
2. You may join up to 6 character. More you use the more you put on yourself to keep up with.
3. Staff intervention is enabled. We will try to stay on top of threads if they begin to drag, though we only enter only after we see the thread is out of its introductory stage. And if it appears to be moving regularly we may not enter right away. PM staff if you need a boost in your thread! It is up to you to let us know!
4. Skipping is important when needed. Every 3 days. Someone may be skipped twice before they are removed.
5. The groups will be randomized by the staff. Please only join if you do not mind rping with any possible character combination. We will also be doing groups of three or four.
6. If your thread or character 'dies' in their even do not worry it is not canon, only the easiest way of writing them out of you lose your spot in a group. They wake up unharmed at home with or without memories of the event, often thinking it is a dream, but the choice is yours.
7. Only sign up if your character has passed the last AC.
8. Event posts can only count as one of your next Activity Check replies. In order to make sure no one abandons their regular threads.
9. We are also going to try a new event mechanic. After every round of turns many posts (after the first two, so starting at eight in a usual group of four.) The staff roll a dice or randomized occurrence; trap, monster attack, puzzle, boss monster, item, or event item, etc. (We have a list.) The first goal of this event will be to collect 'gem fragments' and the first group/s who does so gets to continue to part two. The more posts from people obviously increase the chances to pick up these special fragments. There are two in eleven chances (because we're using two dice for this part, so one isn't a valid number) to roll a gem fragment. If we see that people have gone a few rounds without rolling one we will either be generous or replace one of the other numbers with a third chance. We will be using this site.
10. Characters who survived the previous maze will already have one fragment with them. This includes; Prompto Argentum, Raven, Dawn Summers, Daniel Fenton, and Link. Though none of them are mandatory to enter this one.
11. Characters are unable to use abilities or items to escape. No flying out, teleporting, warping, digging, or otherwise. The walls are too tall and often too slick to climb very far up And if someone manages to there is a clear force-field to keep people from 'cheating'. They also seem to be for the most part incapable of being knocked down or gone through.
12. Signups are lasting from the 1st-15th and open shortly after. (this is subject to change). Please let us know if you need any changes made to your characters entered.
13. As soon as one group meets the requirement for moving on an update to the event plot will be posted here.
Characters Signed Up
* Prompto Argentum,
Siggy made by Kiya~
Group#1; Broke to what became
Group#2; Hunted by the unseen
Group#3; We're right on the edge
Group#4; Pretend it's not the end
Group#5; Quiet swallows us
Group#6; Sink for you to swim
Group#7; Dancing on the ledge
Siggy made by Kiya~