Enhanced Raccoon
Mentally 25
Police Officer
Perditio
85 posts
Tiara
CST / Online
Rocket Raccoon
If you're different, and I'm different, I'll take different over normal any day.
Sep 20 2017, 09:54 PM
PMQuote
After that week working on the rails, things had gone back to normal. His adoptive daughter was fine, everything had gone on like normal, everything was okay. Now he was just doing a roundabout patrol of Inops - which was more dangerous than the other areas given that it had the slums to worry about, but that was no big deal in the end. He was always fine because he knew how these areas worked, he knew how to play the social game when it came to criminals, this was all okay. Apart from, you know, having to deal with the fact that he still wasn't entirely familiar with everyone, and new people were coming in each and every day. Some odd thoughts crossed his mind - if anyone could show up, who would be next? He hoped it was Groot. D'ast, he missed Groot, and he had no doubt that Groot was missing him if time kept flowing while he was gone.

The flora colossus was probably almost unable to sleep with the thought dwelling that he was gone, because he knew that if Groot had disappeared on him like that, he would've felt much the same way. In a way, though, it'd be worrying either way - if he were still at home, he had Gamora, Mantis, and Drax and there was nothing to worry about, but if he came here....well, he'd have Rocket, obviously, and Quill would be thrilled to see him, but there was always that ever-present thought that he hated to confront: what if someone he didn't want to come here appeared anyway?

The first and probably most selfish he didn't want to arrive was Gamora. For obvious reasons. But that was a given, and if she arrived, at least she wasn't a danger to any of their lives, she was their....friend. Mostly. The second was Lylla, mostly because there would be a lot to explain and not a lot he actively wanted to explain, but she wasn't a danger to anyone's lives, either. The third was Ronan, but he wasn't as dangerous as he could be so long as he didn't somehow have the infinity stone again. That was unlikely. The fourth was....Ego. Quill's biological planet dad was not someone who actively should be confronted again without hesitation, considering how much of a number he'd done on them last time. And the fifth was Thanos, obviously. Those were the big five that he really didn't want to show up in any way, shape, or form, but if they did....well, that couldn't be helped.

Apart from him killing them, but he couldn't do that (and didn't want to do that) to the ones that weren't a threat, and the ones that were a threat were too strong for him to probably take on alone - and even with Quill, Ego or Thanos might be an ordeal. Especially Thanos. Yikes.

But there were people he wanted to arrive, after all. The first was Groot, obviously. Then Drax - he'd bonded with Drax, in a way, because he enjoyed his sense of humor and so much as the big guy had an ego, he understood when to hold it back and he'd long since made up for the 'my people would eat things like you' comments. He was a good guy. Then.....well, pie-in-the-sky dreaming, but the idea was anyone, anywhere, so....Yondu?

The guy was Quill's dad - well, his adoptive dad, but more of a dad than Ego would've ever been - but he was a great guy. Rocket had bonded with him a lot, and they just...seemed to think alike in some regards. Yondu had said 'you're me, boy,' to him once, and it'd....it'd stuck. It was his death that really took him into the idea of 'every life matters' -sure, he got Groot back. Judson Jakes was never a life he'd be sorry for taking. He lost people he didn't know that well, but losing Yondu after spending all that time with him...

It honestly stung. A lot. He'd said it himself, he was only losing one friend, and he'd expected either way that it'd hurt. The other option in that scenario would've been losing Quill, and...no. That wasn't even remotely a possibility. He'd confronted the thought and then slammed that thought into a wall and shot 50 rounds into it. That wasn't going to happen.He didn't....he didn't want to lose anyone, though.

....It would've been karmatic in a sense if he were the one that died and they both lived instead, but life didn't work that way sometimes, and he always seemed to get off the hook when he didn't deserve to in his own mind.

He let out a hollow sigh. Alright. Keep going for a bit longer, then he could duck into a crappy dive bar or something and drink 'til those thoughts floated out of his mind in a haze of booze. The raccoon bit his lip as he kept moving forward, only to see the faintest hint of a familiar coat. That was a shade of maroon he was familiar with, and....if he were lucky, it'd be some regard of Ravager. Predictably, it'd be Quill, but there was the slightest off-hand chance it'd be--

He followed after where he saw the coat, and he ended up right behind....blue skin. Fin. No. No. It...

"....Yondu?" He asked, and the man himself turned around to face him. It....it was him! HE WAS HERE! AND ALIVE!!! SOMEHOW THE POWERS THAT BE HAD DECIDED THAT NO ONE HAD TO DIE FOR HIS MISTAKES AFTER ALL, AND, AND--...he wanted to cry, but he wasn't going to let himself. "You're...you're not dead." Oh no. Those were definitely tears welling up at his eyes. Dammit, dammit, dammit. "You a-hole, I extended an invitation to join the team, ya wasted it, and now you're here..." Yep. Crying now. Good. Great. "I'm not gonna forgive ya for that that easily..."

D'ast. He'd definitely have to tell Quill about this later, but...now was...now was...he was having a moment, okay? It was a moment. He hated having moments but he was having one. D'ast, d'ast, d'ast.

It's been a long day without you, my friend And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again We've come a long way from where we began Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again Yondu Udonta (Note: I am in great emotional pain)
Now I see you in a better place
Centaurian
Unknown
Mercenary
Perditio
6 posts
Dot
EST / Offline
Yondu Udonta
He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy.
Sep 23 2017, 10:49 PM
PMQuote
how can we not talk about family
we've come a long way from where we began
Nothin' was ever simple, now, was it? That was just how history liked to go about herself. All complicated with more sides than you could care to count. One minute, the galaxy was on the verge of getting destroyed and decimated again by another power-hungry bastard who thought he had it all figured out and Yondu had finally gotten somethin' right in his life...

And then there was this wild place, event... Wherever or whatever, it wasn't space and, the last time he'd checked, that's where he'd been. The galaxy had kinda been on the verge of ending.

What in the name of actual Hell had happened?

Everyone was running around calling it "Avalon." And not a damn one of 'em seemed to know how or why. Which helped absolutely jack shit.

But, as far as he could tell he was not dead. Which was... not how that plan was supposed to work out. But he also couldn't tell whether or not anyone else he knew was here for sure. 'Course, he hadn't been around long to ask around a whole lot or he might've gotten a bit more somewheres, but if he knew any of them well enough...

If they were here, they were gonna let the world know about it sooner or later.

And he was starting to get the odd sense that he was being followed...

A grin cracked across his features when he turned around and heard that voice! "Last time I checked, that's who I was, rat, and I don't imagine that's changed 'less someone's not tellin' me somethin'."

Damn bastard was cryin' on him, too... The grin softened to a smile and Yondu knelt down to be more even with him. "'Parently the universe had different plans for the pair of us, eh?"

He gave the raccoon a light nudge, "And who you callin' a-hole? You're the one yellin' at an old man who thought he was a dead one when he just showed up! When'd you start callin' that fair?"

TAG. Rocket Raccoon | NOTES. gonna be sobbing forever, don't mind me, imma go over here and die
I am IX.
Enhanced Raccoon
Mentally 25
Police Officer
Perditio
85 posts
Tiara
CST / Online
Rocket Raccoon
If you're different, and I'm different, I'll take different over normal any day.
Oct 1 2017, 09:40 PM
PMQuote
That was him. That was really him, he was alive, and okay, and the universe decided to just be way too nice to him and let Yondu just be okay, and he never deserved this. He'd never functionally deserve this. Quill would always say it was never his fault entirely that everything happened, he'd told him as much, but this still felt like some great power-that-be was rewarding him for finally being a good person. He didn't care that he was calling him a rat that was an affectionate nickname, he wouldn't have that from anyone else but this was...this was okay.

It was kind of like getting hit with a rubber band, emotions being flung at him all at once, and he was never the best at handling those. He'd never be the best at handling those. He just...felt that sting. It hurt. He was kneeling down and saying the universe had different plans for the both of them, and he was still crying and--d'ast, d'ast, d'ast. "Yeah, I'm a dick. You're alive, and I'm a dick. I'm a dick for not getting two suits in the first place, I'm a dick for everything and--" He sniffled. "....don't you dare tell anyone about this." Rocket lightly snickered, his ears folding over.

".....And especially don't tell anyone about this." He said, before hugging him. "I'm glad to see you, man. Whatever happened....'s better than where we came from. I'm....sorry." That was what was obvious. He was so, so sorry. He never wanted to lose a friend. When he thought it had to be Yondu or Quill, it nearly broke him. When Quill came back to the ship, it still hurt, because that meant Yondu....wasn't going to. It would've hurt just as bad if Yondu had come back. But that wouldn't have ever happened, he knew. It was always going to be Quill. And he...well, he was pretty certain that his feelings for Quill were firm and solid on the I care more about you than you'll ever really know idea so he was grateful Quill lived, but at the same time, he...

He'd never really had a mentor. Or a dad. Yondu was really good at being both to pretty much anyone, including him, if Rocket had to guess. He looked up to him, in a way. Even if he'd spent that moment - that moment on the ship, calling him out for hiding his feelings, putting everything away and outright defeating the idea that Rocket was just saving Quill to lord it over his head forever....he never once said he was wrong. Because Rocket knew, he wasn't. Everything he said was right.

"....Quill's gonna be happy to see ya too, y'know. He's here too, not...not with me right now, but we've been hoping someone from home would turn up, and..." The 'I'm so glad it's you, and he'll probably feel the same' was implied.

It's been a long day without you, my friend And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again We've come a long way from where we began Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again Yondu Udonta (Note: I am in great emotional pain)
Now I see you in a better place
Centaurian
Unknown
Mercenary
Perditio
6 posts
Dot
EST / Offline
Yondu Udonta
He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy.
Oct 12 2017, 05:01 PM
PMQuote
how can we not talk about family
we've come a long way from where we began
Now, would you look at that? What was the stubborn rat going on about now? It left Yondu shaking his head slightly with a faint smirk daring to tug at his lips even he'd get called out for it.

And... then the little bastard was hugging him. Yondu's features softened and he carefully folded his arms around the smaller form, giving him a gentle pat atop his head, careful about his ears. "Ain't no need for any of that now, y'hear?" he murmured softly. "We just done what we could, rat. Ain't no fault in it. And I think we both know someone far more deserving of that title, don't we now? I won't drop any names, but I do happen to remember he was a bit of a planet." The slight smirk came back onto his lips as he looked back down at Rocket with the glint of amusement giving away his tease.

And what was more, there was even more good news! "Quill's here?" It wasn't that he hadn't heard, but he still had to repeat it just to be sure. He gave his friend another playful nudge on the arm, "Universe must've finally had one helluva plan, huh?!" Puttin' the Guardians of the Galaxy back together again in a whole new world. Wouldn't exactly guessed it, but what the hell was there to really complain about, right? They were all back together again and that was mighty fine by him.

He'd finally gotten somethin' right, after all. Who would he be to complain about gettin' another shot at that?

"So, what you been up to? Maybe you can give an old man the rundown since it seems you know a bit more about this place than I do, eh?" he offered with a grin.

TAG. Rocket Raccoon | NOTES. i love this man
I am IX.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Yuri Roleplay STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings RAINBOW CONNECTION FABLE realm of the seven

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland