Welcome to Avalon! It is surely the first thing you and your character will hear. We are a canon Panfandom RP. We are an open sandbox set in a modern-fantasy like setting. We allow members to be very plot driven and follow along with events and main plot changes to their own level of comfort. Possibilities are almost endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. Many characters have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world while others embrace it.
Avalon
FORECAST: 24 hours of nighttime and cold every day.
set in Winter, 2017

Add Reply
New Poll

a twist of fate, ft. raven
Animus
Race: Summon Spirit
Job: Vigilante
Series: Tales of Symphonia 2
OOC: Chai - AST - Offline

athena the god of war and wisdom
Emil had always been a fairly curious child, even if sometimes he preferred to just stay out of the way rather than to follow that curiosity through. Of course, after crossing paths with Marta and Richter, it seemed that all of those initial aspects of him were placed in the back burner. It allowed him to become a young man that held respect by those who deemed him worthy of it. He also gained several new friends which built up his character into something a little more study, allowing him to broaden his horizons and follow those very curiosities he once pushed aside.

That very curiosity led him to find new attractions in various locations, this being one of those spots. It reminded him of a few restaurants he saw in Meltokio, or maybe even in an entirely different location. Nonetheless, it provided the summon spirit a sense of home. Almost nostalgic to a point. Thoughts continued to bobble in his mind, resulting in the inability to keep his steps in check and came to a bump against a passerby. Letting out a soft sound, he reached up with a semi gloved hand to rub at his nose that slammed against the individual's back by the looks of it and tensed right up.

"I-I'm so sorry, I.. wasn't looking where I was going. I didn't mean to.." all in one action, the blond bowed his body from the torso up, showing his fairly apologetic nature that seeped through even after gaining the courage from his usual mantra. Hopefully he wouldn't have to confront anyone, much less in a place like this. Martel only knows how many times he's been placed in a particular situation that created a scene and placed the safety of innocent people on the line.

Raven || Hope this was enough to work with??;;;
Perditio
Race: Human
Job: Freelancer
Series: Tales of Vesperia
OOC: Dust - Central - Offline

A Twist of Fate

It had been a long day (was it still called 'day' if the sun hadn't been seen in two months?) Well, Raven was going to call it 'daytime' none the less. A long day of back-and-forth tending to small requests and scattering the information he has gathered for others. Time for a break! Raven thought to himself while he moved down the sidewalk trying to avoid the more obviously slick areas were snow and ice had gathered. No sun to melt it, they were all going to freeze to death, Raven disliked winter before but never quite this much.

Folding his arms close to his body, arms in his opposing sleeves in an attempt to keep himself warm, he was thankful his over-sized coat was so warm already. Though he had worn an extra layer under it, as well as a dark blue scarf that somehow didn't look out of place, though it also hung quite large around his neck. Anything to stay warm. His old wounds ached and his bones were sometimes sore but he managed to keep himself moving and working if nothing else. Keeping himself busy, meant his mind wandered a little less.

Arriving at the cafe Raven breathed out a heavy sigh while reaching to loosen his scarf. “Shoulda guessed people'd be hangin out here ta get a good meal and stay outta the cold.” his brow wrinkled. Oh well, he would just have to find an empty table...somewhere. The old man's thoughts were interrupted before long as something brushed against him. Blinking Raven stepped back to spot a young blond-haired man. Oops, was that his fault?

Raven watched the boy apologize before he laughed gently raising his hands. “Notta problem youngin' was a bit distracted myself.” he replied sympathetically. No harm done! “Guess ya gotta be lookin for a table too? Hey help find one and I wouldn' mind sharin.” two pairs of eyes were better than one!

Tag: Emil Castagnier Notes: Eeeey~ Sorry this is a bit bleh
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Silence~
Animus

The sound in the other man's voice became the sole reason why Emil lifted his head from his previous stance, curiosity seeping through his gaze as he did so. Blinking a couple of times, his body straightened soon after in order to recollect himself. "Wha-- I mean, I don't want to impose!" he exclaimed as both of his hands lifted up once more. A tremble coursed through his system, signaling that maybe a warm place to spend a few hours in didn't sound like a bad idea after all. Not to mention that the individual he bumped into didn't seem like a bad person, or at least that's what he assumed up until now. Taking a quick glance towards the inside of the cafe, he analyzed the situation thoroughly.

Should he go with him and potentially create a new friendship from this encounter? Or should he go on his way instead? Pondering for a few more seconds, Emil shook his head to disperse any lingering thought that remained in his cranium before turning towards his current companion. "On second thought, I think I'd like that. Thank you very much, sir." beaming happily upon finalizing his sentence. Huddling himself up for a split second, Emil then reached forth and offered a hand towards him as a form of official greeting this time around. "My name's Emil. It's nice to meet you, ... um.."

Raven || No worries at all, it was good!
Perditio

A Twist of Fate

A friendly grin spread across the older man's face when the blond looked up to him with a shyness lingering in his eyes. Maybe he couldn't imagine what it was like to feel such away Raven had always been rather outspoken in his youth as well. Maybe not always later on but that didn't matter. “It ain't a problem.” he nodded. Besides so many people crammed into one small cafe struggling for warmth and good meal? What was the point in getting upset for one accidental bump! Nobody got hurt.

When his younger companion finally seemed to agree Raven flashed a wider grin and motioned with a wink and thumbs up that he was rather pleased with the outcome. And why not, he was usually a social creature. Maybe a part of him was actually desperate as well.

Emil. Raven reached to take his hand and give it a friendly but firm shake. “Nice ta' meet ya Emil, ya can call me Raven.” he decided to leave of 'the Great' for now, maybe it was too silly or would intimidate the kid. In truth the archer simply forgot about adding it on. Seemed friendly enough and something about Emil felt....oddly familiar. Maybe his blastia was just acting up, but he was sure he felt a familiar mana-like energy coming from the boy. Dismissing the thought Raven trotted across the cafe and found the two of them a small table against the fall wall.

Plopping himself down he breathed out heavily and reached up to rub at his shoulder. “This weather ain't so good for every what about you, ya enjoy the cold Emil or ya got tired of the snow yet?” he might as well keep the small talk going.

Tag: Emil Castagnier Notes: Sorry for the wait!!
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF

--------------------
user posted image
Animus

Emil wasn't quite sure how to put it, but something about this person made all of his initial tension gradually subside the more the two of them interacted. The way that the man presented himself only caused a smile to return to the teen's lips in a matter of moments the way he usually did. There had been countless occasions where Marta told him that he just came off a bit too friendly, that sometimes people took advantage of that notion of friendliness. However, try as he might, Emil simply couldn't be anything but friendly towards those around him. Sure, there could be the probability that her words were right. But up until this point the Summon Spirit hadn't encountered anything relatively negative, thus, allow him to interact with them a bit more freely.

"Raven.." he softly repeated, letting the name roll off his tongue as if he needed to play it over in order to memorize it. Following the man's lead, Emil carefully sat on the seat across from his counterpart's before taking a glance towards the surroundings. Times like these made him just a tad homesick with the way it made him recall those previously mentioned locations he visited throughout his journeys. Once Raven chimed in to interrupt his thoughts, Emil quickly returned his attention back towards him to meet his gaze. "Wh-What? Oh.." shaking his head again, he drummed his fingers together gently on his lap.

"I'm not really used to the cold. But.. it doesn't bother me, either. It reminds me of a few places back home where the snow never stopped falling." smiling at the memoirs that flooded his mind for a couple of seconds before he reverted the focus on his company. "What about you? Is there a that this one reminds you of?"

Raven || It's alright. Sorry that I took a while this time.
Perditio

A Twist of Fate

Maybe he should have been quieter, but he couldn't help but wonder if the younger man wasn't feeling down or something. Then again when was Raven ever known to be quiet. He laughed softly. “Ya, got a few places like that back home too, gotta admit the cold isn't really easy ta deal with for me. But maybe that's just what happens when ya get old too. Old and cold.” he deflated before laughing softly to himself again. He wasn't that old, probably looked twice his age, and most of the time (expectantly lately) he felt twice his age too. How unfortunate.

But Raven chose to dismiss those thoughts and focus on the kid and the environment around him. He was going to have a good day with good company! Raven's ever-present smile did not fade even once. “Just stay warm and don't catch cold.” he nodded as if it were matter-of-fact. A few moments later a waiter approached their table and Raven was all too pleased to lay on the ladies man act until – Mr. Lancer asked to take their orders. 'Da** it.' Raven's brows knit together and he still managed to keep his smile despite his disappointment.

“Unsweetened ice tea fer me. And your turkey club.” Raven responded after some thought before nodding toward Emil. “And whatever my friend here would like.” he fully intended to keep his promise after all. Besides it wasn't as if he couldn't afford it. Raven wasn't lacking in Aer (haha no pun intended.) he wasn't a vagabond because he couldn't afford anything else. In fact sometimes he just wasn't sure what to do with it. Not to say he was rich, but probably more well-off than most people took him.

“Ya been in Avalon long?” he turned his attention back to Emil once their orders had been placed. “Guess it been a long while for me so I get curious, haha hope its alright ta ask.”

Tag: Emil Castagnier Notes: ^^
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF

--------------------
user posted image
Animus

"Really? Wow.. " he stared at his companion, almost in disbelief of the piece of information he just obtained. Granted, he only managed to visit a handful of places back in his home world, so he wasn't all too surprised that there were other locations filled with things he didn't have a single clue about. He stared at Raven in silence, taking in every little bit of detail he had to offer the young mind as eyes stared at him directly in nothing but wonder. That is, until those details were interrupted by the ordering of what they came here for. Blinking rapidly, Emil scattered his thoughts and tried his best to regain composure by skimming through the menu contents.

"I-I, uh.. I'll have the same." smiling sheepishly, he nodded soon after, hoping that he didn't just make a total fool of himself in front of his new companion. Once the pitter pattering of his heart dwindled, he lifted his gaze to reach Raven once again and shook his head, "Old? I never really considered you old like that.." he admitted as large eyes studied the others features. Sure, he looked older than he did but that didn't mean that he wasn't all the wiser. Age became just a number after he met Raine and Genis throughout his travels, so it wouldn't really affect his judgement of the person seated right across from him at all.

"Oh, n-no, I don't mind.." he shook his head yet again, giving the brunette a small smile of reassurance that he wasn't crossing any form of line when asking such things out of curiosity. "I've been here for a little while, but I can't say that I know everything there is to know. I get lost easier than anything else." he reached up to rub the side of his neck in yet another sheepish fashion, "I've mostly just been looking for someone; a few people, actually. I bet you're looking for your friends too, right?" he looked up after finalizing his inquiry as he slowly brought down his hand and back onto his lap, neatly.

Raven || It's alright. Sorry that I and have a jitterbug ~
Perditio

A Twist of Fate

Raven snickered faintly. “Heh you'd be one the first then~” he teased. Raven was well-aware he looked quite a bit older for his age, could probably be worse, but it still didn't do him any favors when he felt much older than he was too. He wondered if it was due to that one little issue or if perhaps he was just that worn out and tired. Maybe both.

Raven leaned forward, folding his arms against the edge of the table as he listened. “ya, gotta admit I been here fer two years now, maybe a bit longer, its kinda hard to keep track of time and such when the whole night and day cycle is goin' crazy too.” he breathed out a sigh. Not that anything could be done about that it seemed.

He smiled a little more tenderly when Emil mentioned his friends. “Oh ya? Tell me about em I can keep an eye open for em, ya see I'm a bit of a traveler an information type of guy, so if I run into anyone I could tell em ya looking for them.” he bobbed his head up and down a moment before pausing. His friends?

Pursing his lips together as if in thought Raven raised his shoulders a little before allowing them to fall. On one hand he wanted to see Yuri and the others, but on the other hand...they had not parted on the best of terms maybe it was best to leave them believing he had died. And maybe he had he wasn't entirely sure only that he appeared in Avalon shortly after. Was it wrong of him to want to see them again and equally not want to? “A bit complicated I wouldn' mind see'n them again but I dun wanna be a bother either.” he replied, which seemed like a good enough answer for now he guessed.

Tag: Emil Castagnier Notes: pc could you pls work
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF

--------------------
user posted image
Animus

Emil reached back and gently rubbed the side of his neck in a sheepish fashion. He didn't particularly like stepping on other people's toes, much less when it came to age. He could recall a couple of instances where age and women were involved and he definitely had to say that he didn't wish to mix the two ever again. Marta's angry side truly became a sight when it appeared and he didn't like it when she scowled at him. Those dagger digging glares hurt a little too much for comfort, that's for sure. Returning his gaze towards his counterpart, the blond offered a small smile, "Really? Wow.. thanks! That'd help a lot." beaming happily, Emil proceeded to offer Marta's, Lloyd's, and Richter's description as details as he possibly could.

Thing about someone like Emil had been that during his recovery time he developed a sense of observation, making sure to take in absolutely anything and everything someone else's appearance had to give in order to engrave it into his memory. Of course, whenever Ratatosk appeared those details were thrown straight out the window in a blink of an eye. Fight or fight, that seemed to be his ultimate motto. However, the way Raven paused made Emil blink a few seconds in slight confusion. Did he have some sort of argument with them? He wondered quietly as the teen canted his head to one side within his curiosity. He didn't really enjoy the notion on being in negative terms with his friends, so he could say that he somewhat understood how the older man felt.

Lowering his head a bit, he thought for several seconds, then leaned forth with nothing but determination plastered all over his face. "I'm sure they're wondering where you are. If they're truly your friends, I'm sure they're worried about you." nodding firmly, he then situated a hand lightly on his chest. "I didn't really have friends at first, and.. mostly everyone just tried to stay away from me. But after going through so much with my friends I.. feel that no matter how far apart we might be-- we're always connected. At least that's something Marta would say.." he shifted in his seat, pale cheeks changing into a light pink accompanied by a small smile.

Raven || It's his own way of cheering Raven up. A for effort???? LOL
Perditio

A Twist of Fate

The archer chuckled softly at the boy's show of joy. It made him glad he could help though it was hardly anything he could guarantee. If the boy's friends weren't in this wold there wasn't much that could be done about it. Raven had a fairly good memory, names and basic descriptions, plus of course being able to ask if they knew an 'Emil' would help in the long run. For the kid's sake he hoped he managed to bump into one of them. “Alrighty, they say ya never know who ya might run into in Avalon.” was that a saying? Well either way it was probably true.

Emerald eyes blinked several times before Raven expelled a small laugh and folded his arms comfortably over his chest. Worried about him? Maybe a little, because they weren't heartless, but he wasn't so sure they would be so forgiving either. Or maybe that was all in his head too. His eyes scanned back over the boy in a moment calmness before he closed his eyes and smirked softly. “Guess ya might be right, glad ya got friends like that, that Marta sure seems ta know what they're talkin about it seems.”

Some kid cheering him up? He wasn't even aware he needed it. Somewhat laughable, when he was supposed to be the jester, guess he had let it slip through. Or maybe he could just blame the weather and exhaustion that had been tailing after him over the recent months. His smile never left his features now.

Not a moment later their lunch was placed down on the table with a friendly comment or two from their waiter. Dipping his head into a nod Raven thanked the young man before looking over the food. “Lookin good! Well then Emil they say meal always tastes better with good company I'm gonna enjoy this.~”

Tag: Emil Castagnier Notes: pc could you pls work
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF

--------------------
user posted image
Animus

A brief worry bubbled in the pits of Emil's stomach at the sight of his companion's expression. Did he say something out of place? Did he say too much? Perhaps he shouldn't have said all of those things and simply allowed the conversation to be directed elsewhere rather than press on to matters that Raven probably didn't want to touch. However, the next set of words gradually put the teen at ease; visibly displaying such by relaxing his shoulders and reciprocating with a small, sheepish smile. "Yeah, she's.. different." moving one of his hands, he rubbed the side of his neck to try and regain his composure from a moment ago.

He still wasn't used to having someone liking him, not used to having people who genuinely cared about him, but he could say for certain that he slowly started growing used to it as time passed. Those thoughts were interrupted once their meal arrived in a timely fashion, giving Emil a full display of their foods holy glory which caused his stomach to rumble as if on cue. Cheeks lightly blushed in slight embarrassment, he dipped his head down a small degree as he chuckled, "Guess I'm hungrier than I first thought." upon hearing the man speak, bright eyes flickered their attention towards the source.

Emil brought forth a brighter grin, nodding firmly to those words that had been expressed, "Thanks for doing this."

Raven || boop~
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

a f f i l i a t e
Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP realm of the seven GODS AMONG MEN The Duality of Man  photo AffiliateButton Kaleidoscope Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Stroke of Luck ♥ Senki Academy

NickPicHost Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies a resource community

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution