Suddenly spirited away into some unknown realm with safe cities and dangerous wild lands. Many people have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world, and the phrase spoken from everyone's lips... Welcome to Avalon.

Avalon is a canon crossover/panfandom RP site. We dont discriminate and welcome all types of characters from the well-known to the non and strive to give everyone a comfortable place to have fun and let their imaginations and muses run wild. Possibilities are endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. We hope you enjoy the site and hanging out with us and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our friendly staff!

Please register in proper caps.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Breathing some fresh air, {Open}
War
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 06:13 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
120 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

"Nephilim," War replied simply, knowing the word would either be enough to explain or it wouldn't. So many realms had legends of those born of angel and demon that he tended to presume they all had one or at least something similar. If they didn't, then no amount of explaining he could do would suffice to make someone understand, or at least that was what he thought. How could one describe beings that someone had never seen and likely had no basis of comparison for?

War felt the magic before he saw it, but he didn't recognize it for what it was until the man unleashed it. Not knowing what it could do, he pulled back instinctively which, in addition to Schwann's actions, allowed the locked blades to slip past each other. War staggered only slightly before righting himself and taking a few wary steps back, studying the man with a hidden uncertainty. He'd presumed his opponent was human, but now he wasn't entirely certain about that presumption. Although, humans could easily hold hidden powers he was aware. Perhaps this man was one of those. Either way, he seemed just as surprised by his reaction as War himself had been.

Clearly the man could use magic judging by his earlier comments, but he didn't seem inclined to. War could himself, but he was refraining from doing so because that would be cheating in this case. He had no reason to rely upon his powers when his physical strength was enough. Besides, he wasn't fighting with Chaoseater, and that would make things even harder if he tried.

"Now imagine the creatures I must fight, that I have to be this strong," War commented with a slight smirk hidden in the folds of his cloak. Ah, the beasts he had fought in his day! The angels so seldom posed a threat except in groups, but demons... their ranks held strange, powerful creatures quite often and could be difficult to fight.

He shifted his weight slightly into a ready stance, waiting for Schwann to make the first move.
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 12:15 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Schwann gave his head a small shake at the term War used to describe what he was. “Not a word I am familiar with, I doubt its use exists in my world.” he replied calmly. Unless he simply had never heard it before, but it was doubtful, War was from another world so Schwann wasn't really surprised. Still, he was curious what other kinds of beings existed where War was from.... or maybe he did not care to know.

After managing a narrow escape Schwann panted, despite doing his best to hide it, he tried desperately to catch his breath and calm his energy. Which would essentially lead to his death if he did not manage to. “My apologies...its.....” he pressed his lips together and swallowed as if trying to think of a way to explain his actions. He wasn't trying to 'cheat' in their match, not intentionally, and he did not care to make an enemy out of someone like War. “A survival instinct...that at times activates on its own. I promise it is of no danger to you.” he dipped his head, eyes staring at the ground for a moment.

He looked back up when War commented on the creatures he must fight. Schwann chuckled weakly and brought his sword out to his side. “I would believe it.” he breathed deeply calming himself and fixing his gaze on the man again. 'If I had your strength....maybe I could have saved her...' the knight thought to himself before taking a quick step forward.

The knight brought his sword toward War in a wide sweeping arch before almost immediately spinning it back and then releasing several other well-timed slashes. It wasn't likely he would get much damage off on someone like War, without his other magical abilities he knew that even training against this man would not get him very far. Still, it did put his physical abilities to use. Schwann only wished he were stronger and perhaps a little....less lacking in height. He could try that other style of fighting... .but dismissed the idea.

After taking a few hits or possibly giving a few the knight decided to rely more on his dexterity than strength at times narrowly avoiding or trying to get off a quick strike and move before regaining himself.

X3
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)

--------------------
user posted image
From the amazing Silence~
PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 04:49 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
120 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

War shrugged slightly when Schwann mentioned not knowing what he was talking about. "In my world, there are humans, angels, and demons. Nephilim are the combination of angel and demon," he said simply. It was more of an explanation than he'd intended to give, and it probably wouldn't help anyway, but at least it was something. There were angels in this world too, he remembered suddenly, thinking of the one he'd stumbled across upon first arriving. He had to wonder if there were demons as well, and if so where they were hiding. No doubt somewhere he'd never find them until they wanted to be found. Maybe that was for the best.

The Horseman struggled mightly to keep from making some comment about already knowing Schwann wasn't going to be able to hurt him. He didn't want to make the man think he was being rude or overconfident, because for all he knew the man could actually hurt him and he'd have to eat his words. Magic could do strange things, he knew that much. Besides, there was obviously a reason why this man was in a position of such power within the guard, and it was entirely possible that it was due to some reservoir of strength that he hadn't seen.

As their sparring match continued, War allowed some of the blows to slip past his guard and clatter against his armor, taking some of them on the metal of his gauntlet instead of the practice blade itself. The armor had withstood Redemption Cannons and the deadly claws of many demons, so he knew it could withstand attacks from wooden practice swords. If it couldn't, then he'd have to have a serious look at it before he got murdered in a real fight because he expected it to hold up. That probably would be the death of him, one day.

One swipe, however, slipped through and smacked against his abs , making him frown slightly. It wasn't like it was a big deal since he wasn't actually going all out, but that could have been problematic had it been an actual blade. Either way, Schwann had gotten in a good hit on him. He probably could have returned the favor, but honestly he wasn't interested in it. Instead, he was just getting in good practice at holding back when he needed to (because honestly there wasn't a point in going full power against weaker enemies which would help him save his strength in the long run).
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 05:56 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
The human frowned a little. Demons that caught his attention more than anything else. Sure there were a few legends of angels but no proof. He was almost sure demons had been the ones to cause the war, kill her, and take his heart....granted him that power.

He tipped his head forward a moment closing his eyes briefly to calm his nerves. He hadn't thought the man's strength would have served as so much of a reminded of that day. Seemed he was wrong. Though War himself was not unlike an impassable wall, Schwann went into this sparing match already knowing it would be unlikely he could hurt the man.

Perhaps, unless he truly wanted to, through either the use of powerful magic, or maybe a long-ranged weapon like his bow. His Blastia would have an unknown effect or none at all should he use it, it wasn't entirely sure. Maybe all as said in done in respect despite his knowing.

Still, he knew War wasn't to be easily scythed and Schwann had perhaps accepted this long before the battle began. That wasn't to say it did not serve its purpose, it made him consider what he might do against a foe like this. It had also forced him to stretch his muscles.

When he did get a strike in Schwann finally dipped his head forward and echoed a soft laugh before stepping back half swaying on his feet a moment before reaching up and rubbing a hand through is messy hair. “Well, now you have a splinter in your side, mighty warrior.” he remarked in good humor before waving his empty hand and allowing his other to rest with the sword by his side. “Well, now that I'm sweating.... I am sorry I couldn't have been more aid on your behalf. Unless you want to practice dodging projectiles..” he shook his head. “I doubt you are impressed, but thank you.”

“I wonder how someone becomes powerful like you, or maybe its simply not being human.” he moved to return his practice weapon and then stare at his hand. “I need a moment to rest, if you want for a round two.” he moved over to a chest and opened it up to produce some a bottles of water, one of which he offered to War.

X3

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 05:33 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
120 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

The mention of demons seemed to spawn some sort of recognition in the man, but War wasn't going to ask what. Generally, people had less than positive dealings with the creatures, or else they were working for them in some way. Either way, War didn't want to know, and it wasn't any of his business.

A lesser person than War might have found the battle dull. He could imagine that Strife would be slinging insults as well as bullets by this point. He wasn't the sort to do such a thing though, and he could respect Schwann for fighting an opponent such as himself. He'd even offered to do so, but he was clearly smarter and more humble than those who dared to challenge him in the streets. Those people he'd long since learned to ignore. After a while, they grew embarrassed when nothing they did could seem to get his attention and they'd slink off.

The Horseman had to chuckle at Schwann's comment. At least it was honest, and the man wasn't moping about his lack of progress in the fight. War suspected he'd been more helpful to his opponent than vice versa. Still, it had been a pleasant experience, so he didn't mind. Not all fights had to be matters of life or death, or even challenges. A strange idea to come from someone named War, but he thought it was the truth. Who was going to tell him any different?

"Perhaps it is my blood, or perhaps it is a byproduct of living for as many millennia as I have seen," War replied. Honestly, he was more inclined to believe it was the fact that he was a Nephilim, but considering neither he nor anyone else had ever done a study on it that was here say at best. Not that he particularly cared.

He accepted the water even though he didn't particularly need it, more to be polite than anything else. "I believe one will suffice," he replied. It was enough to assess the man's skills, and though they were far from on par from his own he was quite a good fighter. Paired against one of his own kind, War suspected he would come out the victor.
PM
^
Schwann Oltorain
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 09:36 PM
Human
Thirty-Six
3rd Guard Captain
Ordo
155 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Schwann Oltorain

Breathing some fresh air

It's all gone cold...
Schwann rubbed his hand through his hair managing to keep some of it from falling right back into place by using some of the water from his bottle. It was hot the days seemed to be getting hotter, longer, though at first he wondered if that wasn't his imagination speaking. “Living for a few millennia... I cannot imagine.” Schwann leaned against the crate, lifting his eyes to the sky for a moment searching lazily for clouds.

“Humans live such short lives, and even other creatures, seem to have some definite number of years they are forced to live within.” he sighed softly resting his eyes against the sunlight. “I don't know if I pity or envy you....War. Forgive me if its a little of both then.” he turned his green gaze back in War's direction observing the man and taking a small drink from his water bottle.

'I wonder...if someone who has already died, has any value left to their life.' he questioned silently, looking back down at the bottle in his hands. It was a short life... he imagined the life he lived now may be just as insignificant. To someone like War, who would blink, and the next moment there wouldn't be any familiar faces left. Did people like War... make friends? More importantly he always wondered if he should bother stepping into lives he could be gone from tomorrow.

Schwann blinked once or twice before forcing a small smile. “I feel like you will keep Avalon safe, should everyone else fail.” he shook his head. “Maybe you're not human in form, but there's something about you.....that feels human.” he smirked softly. It wasn't an insult of course. Maybe it was something about his attitude, or spirit and energy. He wondered if War made mistakes, learned, and grew like everyone else. Or maybe his imagination was getting away from him.

Sorry this was short, not sure if we wanna wind this down or if you have any ideas toss em at me!
[/QUOTE]

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
War
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 06:25 PM
Nephilim
Unknown
Avalon Guard
Ignis
120 posts
Zena
Eastern / Offline
War

((Ye I got nothing))

Given the short lifespan of most human creatures, War could imagine that he wouldn't have a clue what it was like. For him it was just a fact of life, living so long. Truth be told though, he would have been dead for quite some time had the Council and the Seven Seals not been able to resurrect him, not to mention his brother doing it at least once. He disliked owing an actual life debt to anyone, but it was likely that would never be repaid. "For your kind, I am certain it would be torture," War admitted. They lacked the mental capacity for dealing with something like that, for none of them had been required to. He would truly pity any human suddenly facing immortality, whatever the reason for it.

"It is my duty to keep the balance," he agreed. Even if it wasn't, he likely still would. There was too much honor in him not to. This place was filled with those who could not protect themselves, or at the very least couldn't as well as he could, and that meant they needed his help. "I merely hope Avalon never truly needs my assistance, or that of my brother." War could pick fights with the larger, more dangerous creatures here all he wanted, but if Death felt the need to step in... well that was an entirely different problem.

It was true there was no biological part of him that could be counted as human, but he'd seen himself reflected in their determination and resilience before. They were such fragile creatures though. He nodded in acceptance of Schwann's words, because while he couldn't place it himself he knew where the man was coming from. It was a valid comparison to make. He didn't think he'd ever want to be truly human, though. To him, this was a normal life, and it was generally a peaceful one. Now that he'd come here it truly was peaceful, unlike anything he'd ever experienced before. How long it would last remained to be seen, but he hoped it would for some time, if only for the sake of the other inhabitants.

"I should return to my patrols," he commented suddenly, realizing how much time had passed. "I'll be certain to let you know if I discover anything of interest." He liked this man, and could respect him and his strength even though it was lesser than his own. This was a man he wouldn't mind sharing information with, nor would he mind merely chatting with him if it came down to it. A rare find in his case, but he'd take what he could get.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Welcome to the Apocalypse! Save Me Yuri Roleplay L&O STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP BORROW THE MOONLIGHT N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW

Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by evvie of cttw & SHINE