Suddenly spirited away into some unknown realm with safe cities and dangerous wild lands. Many people have a hard time accepting their lives in this new world, and the phrase spoken from everyone's lips... Welcome to Avalon.

Avalon is a canon crossover/panfandom RP site. We dont discriminate and welcome all types of characters from the well-known to the non and strive to give everyone a comfortable place to have fun and let their imaginations and muses run wild. Possibilities are endless and we allow almost all genres of characters. We hope you enjoy the site and hanging out with us and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our friendly staff!

Please register in proper caps.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Contemplation and Coffee, Open
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: May 5 2017, 02:16 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

The small cafe in Solum had become one of Jade's more usual hangouts. Usually peaceful with just enough commotion to at times keep him entertained. He wasn't needed at the hospital today; which he imagined was a polite way of them saying that his coworkers needed a break. To be honest he wondered how far he could push them before they told him not to come back. The problem nevertheless was that Jade's methods, no matter how unusual, worked and they needed someone of his skill. It had become almost a game to see how many buttons he could press.

Stepping inside the cafe with a few books tucked under his arms Jade reached back to hold the door open for a lady and her two children on their way out. They smiled and replied with a quick 'thank yous' as they passed through. Just because the former colonel enjoyed tormenting those around him at times, did not mean he didn't have any sense of common civility. Allowing the door to swing closed behind him, Jade brushed his unusual crimson eyes over the establishment. It was still fairly early, before lunch rush, none too many people yet. Perfect.

Walking to the right side of the room he found his usual spot toward the corner of the room empty. Pleased with this Jade slid into the booth and placed his books down on the table and brushed some of his light-brown hair from his face. By this time one of the waitresses who knew him Tiffany was her name, she was young with a head full of blond curls and a bright pair of friendly brown eyes. She always came over and spoke to him when taking his order. Though he couldn't quite place the reason for the extra friendly behavior but maybe it was just that. Not to say it was unpleasant but strangers did not often flock to him.

“What can I get you this morning Mr. Curtiss?” she asks politely, eyes drifting over him and his books a moment. “Bring your work with you again?” she giggles shaking her head. “Someone like you ought to be havin' a lovely lady on his arm instead of a bunch of books, but someday?”

Jade chortles softly. “Black coffee, please.” he remarks scans her slowly from head to toe before smiling and folding his arms to lean them on the edge of the table. “Congratulations on the new boyfriend.” he remarked watching her face light up with surprise and question. Jade simply shrugged playfully and the girl shook her head and then offered a small half-bow before leaving to fill his order.

Jade opened three of the books and turned them to their appropriate pages, lying them flat on the table, he retrieved his notepad and began to make small notes. A cup placed in front of him, so instinctively without looking up he reached over and picked it up taking a small sip. Quickly realizing it wasn't what he ordered. Jade lowered the cup peering into it before looking up as a figure joined him at his table, in the booth opposite to him. “Well that explains the taste.” he smirked mildly handing the stranger their cup back. “Can I help you?”

Open // Oops hoped you dont mind sharing~
template coded by always and forever of atf

PM EMAIL
^
Eucliwood Hellscythe
 Posted: May 24 2017, 01:30 PM
Necromancer
Unknown
Wanderer
Vitreus
33 posts
luna
CST / Offline
Eucliwood Hellscythe

I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel like I am strong enough, I don't feel right when you're gone away
Pity wasn't something she was entirely too used to. It wasn't something she cared terribly much for either. Yet pity seemed to be something that people started to give her more than she could seemingly understand. In hindsight, she probably shouldn't have been as surprised as she seemed to be. Sitting outside of small stores was something that had gotten her occasional attention before. Not too often, but enough times that even the faintest sensation of surprise should no longer truly be there anymore. The morning had been spent simply sitting out there, the way she used to. It was far more familiar and comfortable to her than it probably should have been. One too many times that morning she had been thought to be a homeless beggar, something she never had much of a chance to truly refute. Homeless, certainly, but the necromancer was not one to beg from anyone. If there was something she truly wished for, she simply told someone to get it for her. It didn't matter that the someone she would tell no longer existed in her life.

The aer that had been handed off to her and set down by her that morning wasn't things she necessarily wanted to accept, but with no ability to truly return it, and a certainty that those that had handed it off to the little bum wouldn't accept it back anyway, led her to follow the one thing she seemed to follow the most in any world, really. The rumbles of her stomach. When was the last time she had managed to eat anything in this place? She could never really remember. No matter how much time was passed, it always felt like an eternity. The money had been quietly collected and stared at when she finally brought herself to her feet. The question of why people would toss such things away would not stop filling her mind, but she knew that she really shouldn't think too much on it. It didn't matter anymore.

Finding her way from the shop she had been perched in front of to that cafe she found herself drawn back to so often took very little time. So many days she purposefully turned in this direction in order to hover outside of this building or stand just within the doorway as if she was going to actually get something. On a few occasions, she actually did manage to get something small, usually green tea of some sort. So much time in recent months spent in Japan had left her more or less accustomed to it. Maybe one day she'd actually change up her drink choices, but today certainly wasn't going to be that day. She found herself a spot to sit, her tea soon finding it's way to her. Without thought, she stared down at the steaming surface of it. Just over it she noticed someone. Sat alone, books a plenty on the table. It took a second for her to actually turn her attention up towards him. There was one of those strange sensations about him. Energy. That could have easily been said for so many in this world, but his was a bit more familiar, if not incredibly faint.

In most cases, she would have simply let it slide off her back, but perhaps it was the faint feelings of homesickness she refused to admit to stirred by the frequency of memories that kept trying to push against her mental barriers that brought the necromancer to her feet and moved over towards his booth. Rude, maybe, but she didn't seem to care that much. First she set her cup down, before staring at the booth seat. Right, just... sit there. Almost robotically in her movements, she took a set, hands pressing into her lap as she stared over towards him a moment. He had taken her tea... 'My own fault.' She shouldn't have just set it down the way she had, she supposed. One hand moved away from her lap to pull the cup closer to herself before bringing the hand down again. Her head gave a small shake to the question before hesitating. 'Manners...?' Perhaps those were something she should work on. Shifting slightly, she pulled out her notepad and wrote the simple question, May I join you? before setting it down on the table and tapping the sheet with her pen to indicate it. After a second, she rotated it towards herself to add, What are these books for? A bit nosy, certainly, but if he didn't mind the company, it was... right to attempt at small talk, wasn't it? Talk being used rather loosely.

apologies for this super crap post >///<
luna ♡

--------------------
user posted image
Gorgeous signature by Silence ♡
PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: May 24 2017, 10:29 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

Only someone like Jade would torment themselves so much, reading multiple books at once all while based on theology, though seemed to be an easy read for him. He stopped only to brush some long hair from his face, it seemed that it still wasn't quite long enough to completely gather in the ribbon he used to tie it back. He was still comfortable however, he stuck out far less dressed in his blue-colored shirt and black vest. But the fact of the matter was that he could finally dress appropriately and abandon his gaudy blue Malkuth uniform.

Maybe there was a small hint of pride in that.

Living life as neither a military man nor babysitter was fairly welcomed with opened arms. Or maybe he simply did not care. Jade assumed that whatever force brought him here would eventually spit him back out along with everyone else this world grew tired of and decided to discard him.

But the man had been so caught up in his own studies that he did not realize the waitress had not placed a cup down in front of him, which he picked up only to discover the strange new taste. What? his brow creased upward as some stranger joined him. It must have been hers. Jade breathed deeply and offered up a small sigh. “Seems my waitress is far too head-over-heels distracted... My apologies for stealing a taste.” he feigned disappointment with a small shrug with his hands up. Oh dear.

Back to the matter at hand, the young-looking lady sitting across from him was far more interesting. Just who was she? Why had she joined him? His crimson eyes followed her hands as they moved around a notebook of sorts. She wrote, perhaps meaning she either could not speak or could not hear, but it was likely he would find out soon.

Jade smiled sweetly folding his hands under his chin. “I wasn't expecting company, but yes you may. I hate to say you'll probably find nothing of interest here, just little'ol ordinary me.” he gently waved a hand up. But he did not know her, and Jade could remember the names and faces of every person he had met either as a doctor or scientist in this world. He might have not been interesting, but she was. A faint smile coaxed itself across his lips. "Studying, this world, and just about anything i might manage to fill my mind with that could perhaps be deemed useful in some circumstance."

"Well you are not one of my patience, so to whom do I have the pleasure of having coffee with ,should it ever arrive, this morning?" he only continued to smile softly. "Jade Curtiss, and allow me to replace your drink if you will, miss."

New Necro-friends~

PM EMAIL
^
Eucliwood Hellscythe
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 06:19 PM
Necromancer
Unknown
Wanderer
Vitreus
33 posts
luna
CST / Offline
Eucliwood Hellscythe

And I don't feel like I am strong enough, I don't feel right when you're gone away
It is alright, just don't do it again. The words scripted so beautifully could so easily come off as rude. It certainly wasn't her intention to come off as such. It would have been much more impolite to make no notion at all that she had heard him. She didn't really care if she seemed impolite, of course, but she knew it would help in the long run. If she actually wished for some form of conversation. Wished to remain close to that strange faint energy. Surely the sentiment would be read in her words rather than the small order at the end. It was difficult to not be direct with someone. Something she really ought to work on but when the lives that came to touch her own were always so short lived and fleeting, what was the real point? Better to simply speak, or... write as she was used to with strangers than attempt to make amends. It doesn't matter either way.

Eucliwood tilted her head slightly as she watched him, listening to his answer. Ordinary? That was hardly the word she would use here. She supposed she did not truly know for sure but there was something unordinary about him for certain. Her pen gently rested on the edge of her note pad, thinking carefully over the words she wished to write. It was so difficult to find the correct words sometimes, especially when she was at least partially trying to keep from being kicked away. You are not ordinary. I wouldn't have sat here if you were. Was that entirely true? She couldn't quite say, both figuratively and literally. But it felt quite true. That energy, that presence. Perhaps... it was normal where he was from?

Studying? That seemed boring. She'd never had a need to study much of anything in her life and watching Ayumu do so for his classes had been anything but eventful. Why he wouldn't just let her swiftly fill in his homework with all the correct answers would forever be beyond her. A slight wince at her own thoughts. There was no more Ayumu, there was no reason to let her thoughts try and lead her in that direction. To find a distraction from that thought, she glanced away momentarily, trying to see if her eyes could find this apparent waitress. It occurred to her after the glance she didn't actually know what waitress to look for and let her gaze rest upon the strange man once more. Eucliwood. She paused slightly, looking at her name before adding, (Yuu-clee-wood) beneath it. Phonetics, unnecessary but, at the moment, they felt almost important. It would have been simpler to just put 'Lady Hellscythe' instead. Pushing the new paper towards him, she gave a small nod of her head. If he so wished to replace her tea, she wouldn't argue it. She was hardly one to deny something that was free.

Why do you study in a cafe? The question was an after thought, scrawled quickly yet still so pristine, every line as neat as the last. A gift, really.

more apologies but this time more so for just.... eu in general...
luna ♡

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 01:28 AM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

A smile coaxed itself across Jade's lips again followed by a polite nod his head. It seems as if maybe his boredom was soon to be washed away; or at least mildly so. The people of Avalon were so interesting, even Jade could find some interest in conversing with them, or simply watching. It wasn't as if he was allowed to cut them open after all... Laws and all that nonsense, silly right?

Jade's brow rose as she wrote again. Be blinked once or twice before drawing back a little and pressing a hand to his chest his brow wrinkling. “I've never felt so insulted...I am just as ordinary as everyone else...” he placed the back of his other hand to his brow. Lips twisting into a frown as he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. After a moment or two he opened one of his eyes and slowly his smile returned as a deep chortle echoed in his throat.

He shook his head as if signal that he had been kidding, if it wasn't obvious. Readjusting his glasses he rolled his shoulders upward. “Well, I am flattered that I am so fascinating, but I am not entirely sure your interest isn't misplaced.” he replied folding his hands together on the edge of the table.

The scientist's eyes found the paper again and then smiled softly when she added to it for clarification. “Eucliwood, hm, complicated and yet elegant, I must admit it is quite the pretty name.” flattery? Teasing? Who could really say. This was Jade, as she would quickly learn, nothing was sure.

Politely he waved for the waitress and asked her to add to his order, a drink for the young woman, whatever she had ordered previously. He also added two blueberry muffins to that.

Eyes finally returning to her he shrugged softly again. And what pretty handwriting. He mused with a small laugh. “Why not, the food here isn't so terrible. A little people watching. Boredom perhaps.... or there is simply no reason not to.” he then smiled and offered a polite nod as their drinks and new snacks were placed in front of them. “As I said, you may find me the boring specimen on the other hand there's you.” he teased.

Sorry this was ehh, Jade muse was meh >.>

PM EMAIL
^
Eucliwood Hellscythe
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 01:37 PM
Necromancer
Unknown
Wanderer
Vitreus
33 posts
luna
CST / Offline
Eucliwood Hellscythe

Eucliwood's eyes blinked twice as she stated at him for a moment before glancing to the words she had written. Was cling someone interesting truly an insult? Or were her senses off? No, the latter was an impossibly and the former seemed to be far too foreign a concept to her. The words felt far from being insulting but perhaps this human was simply sensitive. Not human, not completely at least (or so she seemed certain), but she hadn't a clue what to think of his as. Looking to him again, she couldn't help but stare at his dramatic antics. They were almost amusing, though nothing was quite capable of breaking through her steely expression. Even if her lips tried to twitch as though they wanted to smile. She managed to easily keep that from happening. Fine, I will concede to you being 'ordinary' but you feel of something else. Hopefully that would be enough of an 'apology' for her apparent offense.

Oh... as it a joke? His shifting attitude from theatrics to apparent sincerity made her wonder. Should should have been able to actually tell but mortal antics seemed to be some of the most confusing sort. I trust it is not misplaced. Simple enough statement, surely. She wondered, though, if perhaps she was wrong. She was certain she couldn't be but his insistence seemed a bit peculiar. 'Or maybe he wishes to remain anonymous? Was there someone listening that he could be wishing to not have know?' That seemed a bit more likely than anything else. Would it be better to drop it? Maybe. Though she was unlikely to completely do such. She could leave it for the moment.

She gave him a small nod as she brought her tea up to sip once more. His tone was difficult to truly place, though she took the words as a compliment. Hmm, perhaps she should add to the small piece of paper. With her drink still in one hand, she used her other to turn the pad around and add to her name. Lady became scripted in front of the Eucliwood though she continued to leave off the Hellscythe. It was unnecessary. A pleasure to meet you. She added the words underneath the phonetic spelling. Maybe not entirely true just yet but it was certainly intriguing to do so.

She quietly put her pen down to hold her cup with both hands, sipping it again. Her eyes refused to move away from the man even as the waitress came over. She noted the additions to the order. Muffins. Two of them? One for her, perhaps? A notion she would all too happily accept. She nodded her thanks between sips, assuming that was what the order was for. Food was always a quick way to her heart.

With the knowledge of another tea on the way, she did not seem to worry about how quickly she finished her tea, only setting the cup back down when it was nearly empty. She would take the next one slower, that was for certain. Her head tilted to the side as she regarded what he said. His points made a good bit of sense to her. She didn't bother writing, distracted by the presence of the muffin and tea. She pulled her own muffin closer, tearing a small bit off the top before pulling her notepad to her again. He said something that did make her curious. What about me?

please no dissecting her, jade xD
luna ♡

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 02:36 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

Jade's shoulder shook softly as he smiled at her newly written words. An apology, of sorts, it seemed she'd believed him or at least wanted to quiet him. Jade would accept either reasoning. “Haha. No harm done. But forgive me for wondering what I might feel like then?” he inquired in a sultry tone. Resting his elbows on the table and chin in his hands momentarily as he watched her. Red eyes absorbing her actions waiting for the next written word offered to him.

Jade was human. Despite all the titles, rumors, and nicknamed, he was still only a man. Or at the very least his body was human. He thought little of the persona which filled such a wad of flesh and bone. 'A monster perhaps.' he thinks to himself quietly.

The ex-colonel's smile softly slips across his lips again when she remarks and her interest isn't misplaced after all. “Maybe, who am I to try and change your mind, though I would hate to disappoint.” he replied smoothly. Oh well, it wasn't any loss to him if she got bored and left, not really. He assumed she would eventually be driven way much like everyone else.

Lady Eucliwood, it returned a smile to his features as he scanned the paper. How insulted would she feel if he.... “Lady Eu. Indeed, finally someone worth-while to talk to. As compared to most I have had my presents graced by.” It came as quite the pleasant change indeed.

Jade gave his head a small shake as she asked about herself. No insult intended, of course, but she seemed far less human that himself. He couldn't put his finger on it however. “Avalon is filled with unique people. Human and non, I may be human but I have a sense of things... you seem more than you appear, not that I mind.” he chuckled softly. “But there's something else...almost something familiar.....almost like chatting with a rather beautiful grim reaper.” another unintended 'insult' if she wished to see it as such.

A gentle shake of his head and he dismisses the thought. “Maybe I am growing senile with my old age....” he moved his hands to list his drink to his lips and take a slow comforting sip.

Jade writes himself and i just.... what is happening? but short again >.<

PM EMAIL
^
Eucliwood Hellscythe
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 07:00 PM
Necromancer
Unknown
Wanderer
Vitreus
33 posts
luna
CST / Offline
Eucliwood Hellscythe

The necromancer stared at him. It felt like such a loaded question yet she knew that It wasn't. It was a simple curiosity. The problem, however, was the fact that she didn't exactly know how he felt. He felt... different, for sure. He felt familiar. Something about it reminded her of herself in some small way. Magic? No... not entirely. Her gaze dropped to her notepad, tapping it lightly with the pen as she tried to figure out the word to write. Death. Magic. Mystery... Life. The words were written in a column, just a little but of space between each row. It was a waste of paper but she had plenty of it. The notepad never really seemed to have an end to the amount of paper it could have torn away from it.

She kept her eyes down on the paper as she slid the notepad back out Into the open. It was almost as though she wanted to keep them hidden to some degree, unsure of how he would respond. The last word she had written was a clear afterthought. Death, like her... life giving like her... and yet it all felt so different, even if it seemed reminiscent of something. How something could be so familiar yet so foreign, it was almost odd. She knew she had to look, though, gauge some sort of reaction that was more than just words and tones. It was a small tilt up, eyes peering through bangs that seemed to try and hide her face. Shy. It wasn't a word she would have used for herself, but in that moment she was certain someone else would.

Perhaps she ought to simply focus on food and drink.

She offered no written words to his own conceding, giving a simple curt nod. She was certain there wasn't much he could do to disappoint. He was already at least better than most 'humans' she'd met. He gave her food.

Once more a smile attempted to tug at her lips though she managed to keep them in a straight line. She picked a piece off of her muffin, popping it into her mouth. She couldn't be certain how serious he was, but he seemed quite genuine to her. Although she wasn't certain how worthwhile she truly was. People likely shouldn't have to be forced into her presence like this... she wasn't worth people's time. There went those familiar thoughts again, depression, almost self-loathing. And yet a practiced expression of practical nothingness still managed to remain. Just focus on her food...

Eu forced herself to lock eyes for a moment as he spoke again. Her fingers seemed to tighten around the pen in her right hand. The side of the point seemed to be pressed into her palm as she mentally replayed that term. 'Grim Reaper...' She didn't know how to respond. The term was incorrect in her own opinion and yet it felt so fitting. A grim reaper brought death.... just like she did. His comment about being senile seemed to pass by her ears without notice, her left hand reaching for the pad again to find a new page to write on. Her right hand wanted to shake but she managed to keep it steady, offering a small shake of her head. I am not a reaper. Please do not compare me to such. She turned it towards him to read, looking back up to try and find his eyes again. Without turning it back around, without thought, without even looking, she scripted a single word. It wasn't as though she had to hide it if her own suspicions were correct. And when it was written, she left it or be upside down. Either he'd have to read it as such or turn the notepad around himself.

Necromancer.

never apologize for anything, you are always perfect. Sorry life has kept me doing this once a month thing. It'll stop soon, I promise >\\\\<
luna ♡

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jade Curtiss
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 04:38 PM
Human
Thirty-Seven
Scientist / Doctor
Iter
76 posts
Dust
Central / Offline
Jade Curtiss

Contemplation
and Coffee
Close your eyes

Jade seemed genuine;y surprised for a moment, blinking once or twice to make sure he had read those words correctly before arching an eyebrow and managing a bemused smile. Death, magic, mystery, and...that last one did not quite suit him...'life'. A soft 'hmm' came from his closed lips as he raised his glass to take another swallow. “I am flattered but I must agree to disagree, life is hardly a part of my aptitude.” he chortled sure of himself. Life yes that was an amusing thought indeed. She gained points for that much.

“Though I suppose the same could be said for yourself, maybe you have better luck bringing life than I do.” he nodded softly and reached to adjust his glasses before moving his hands to take a bite of his own muffin followed by another sip of his drink.

His eyes flicked back up as he heard the scratching of her pen again. Oh, perhaps he had said something wrong? Yes, it seemed to be that way. Not a reaper. “My apologies then, it was not intended as insult.” he explained himself simply. He could continue to ask for forgiveness or try to expand on that but he truly either did not care to or simply couldn't be bothered. Surely if she was that hurt by it she might have done something about it?

Jade continued with his sweet treat and drink for a little longer seemingly unthreatened or truly ignorant and careless.

Jade managed a small smile. “I am what most would consider a mage, yes though I doubt that it is hardly so mysterious.” his hooded eyes peered over the rims of his glasses in her direction. “Hardly as mysterious as you miss necromancer.” he closed his eyes and chuckled. So that is what that common feeling was. Similar but not likely the same brand of 'necromancy' Jade was so terribly acclaimed for. Still, an amusing if not fascinating discovery. And she had been drawn to him? Oh my.

“Are you accusing me of being such?” he asked with a sly smile slowly creeping across his lips. “Now I am the one left feeling unsure if I should be flattered or offended. touche

UGH IDK THO this was....bleh a sort of running out of steam post and I'm sorry STILL X'D so shooorrrt >.<

PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

ruinandrise Sengoku Horizon Rise of the Believers The Almanac Effect SURFACE LIES Topsy Turvy STORYBROOKE MAINE Code 8 Aim for Tomorrow Welcome to the Apocalypse! Save Me Yuri Roleplay L&O STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP BORROW THE MOONLIGHT N:FB TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RP All of Me ♥ DW

Avalon's Tumblr RPG-D Distant Fantasies RPG Initiative Topsites a resource community

skin by evvie of cttw & SHINE